U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
1,610 posts, read 4,301,978 times
Reputation: 1458

Advertisements

1. I'll vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I'll vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I'll vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I'll vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I'll vote Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I'll vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

7. I'll vote Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

8. I'll vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days

9. I'll vote Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us , but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

10. I'll vote Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:44 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,963 posts, read 6,097,687 times
Reputation: 7828
That is the best reasons that I can think of for voting Democrat. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,733,686 times
Reputation: 646
I don't see that much of a difference from Democrats and Republican politicians, but this thread makes me want to vote Democratic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,637,071 times
Reputation: 1290
I don't see anything wrong with the post. Can anyone point out anything untrue in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
 
949 posts, read 847,803 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with the post. Can anyone point out anything untrue in it?
not a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 13,576,329 times
Reputation: 7921
I vote Democrat because when you're a democrat, they make you vice president if you plagiarize. If you're a republican, you just get yelled at by everybody and their befriendeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:59 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,963 posts, read 6,097,687 times
Reputation: 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't see that much of a difference from Democrats and Republican politicians, but this thread makes me want to vote Democratic


It seems you are easily swayed. And over a humorist post. Are you sure you are not a liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,733,686 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It seems you are easily swayed. And over a humorist post. Are you sure you are not a liberal?
Not easily swayed, just easily turned off. The post was far from humorist, just very lame. I'm liberal on some issues, conservative on others, and middle on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Crook County, IL
1,431 posts, read 962,788 times
Reputation: 504
This was lovely. Thank you for this comedy post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
1. I'll vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I'll vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I'll vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I'll vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I'll vote Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I'll vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

7. I'll vote Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

8. I'll vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days

9. I'll vote Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us , but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

10. I'll vote Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
You been reading Lenin/Marx by moonlight while toking again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top