Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

I don't know how those who voted against it can sleep at night, and I don't know how anyone could ever vote for them, regardless of party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't know how those who voted against it can sleep at night, and I don't know how anyone could ever vote for them, regardless of party.
We're just talking about food. Sheesh ..you think it was a vote on declaring war on Iran!

Old 11-18-2011, 09:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
We're just talking about food. Sheesh ..you think it was a vote on declaring war on Iran!
Sheesh on you.
We don't declare war anymore. "Humanitarian efforts" allow us to just "go where we want and bomb where we want".

Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pizza is a vegetable? Congress says yes - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

Time to get rid of the federal school lunch program and leave it to the states.
I agree. Our representatives have more important things to worry about than the classification of various organic products

Old 11-18-2011, 10:49 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As someone who loves Pizza (well real Pizza anyway) it would make me feel good if I said it was a vegetable, of course however to actually think that my brain would have to be a vegetable.

Republicans
Republicans? It's the dems whose idea is to turn over every aspect of our lives to government control. Do you only mock the stupidity of politicians and the idiocy of government decisions when it makes republicans look stupid? Or can you extrapolate this for one second and realize that almost every government employee is stupid and/or corrupt and the less control they have over us the better?

And for some dumbass reason that is beyond my comprehension, y'all want us to send MORE of our hard-earned money to these maroons.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:05 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Republicans? It's the dems whose idea is to turn over every aspect of our lives to government control. Do you only mock the stupidity of politicians and the idiocy of government decisions when it makes republicans look stupid? Or can you extrapolate this for one second and realize that almost every government employee is stupid and/or corrupt and the less control they have over us the better?

And for some dumbass reason that is beyond my comprehension, y'all want us to send MORE of our hard-earned money to these maroons.
Yes, Republicans. Its the GOP that is labeling Pizza as a Vegetable is it not??

I mock the idiocy of government decisions when the government decision is stupid. Providing healthier eating habits in school lunches by requiring more vegetables was a good decision. Attempting to label Pizza as a vegetable as the GOP is attempting to do in order to get around the healthier requirements is stupid.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sheesh on you.
We don't declare war anymore. "Humanitarian efforts" allow us to just "go where we want and bomb where we want".
Sorry. I forgot!!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:26 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pizza is a vegetable? Congress says yes - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

The bill also would allow tomato paste on pizzas to be counted as a vegetable, as it is now. USDA had wanted to prevent that.
Food companies that produce frozen pizzas for schools, the salt industry and potato growers requested the changes, and some conservatives in Congress say the federal government shouldn't be telling children what to eat.
I agree with them.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
And that is most likely the best solution. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that most households these days have two working parents (if there are, in fact, two parents), that often lack the time to prepare lunch for their kids. They are concerned with seeing the kids off to school at 7:30 only to head off to work themselves.
It's the reverse. The free meals at schools are for the welfare kids, working people pay their own way. What's more is that the food stamp-WIC crowd gets these free school meals and don't have to use their food stamps or have the meals deducted from the food stamps.

Still this is no worse than when the Clinton administration claimed that salsa is a vegetable.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes, Republicans. Its the GOP that is labeling Pizza as a Vegetable is it not??

I mock the idiocy of government decisions when the government decision is stupid. Providing healthier eating habits in school lunches by requiring more vegetables was a good decision. Attempting to label Pizza as a vegetable as the GOP is attempting to do in order to get around the healthier requirements is stupid.
Clinton had salsa labeled as a vegetable for all the same reasons.

It would be best to end the free meals at schools and go back to having parents provide for their children. It was never supposed to be the government's role to replace parents.

The government shouldn't even be deciding what kids eat, the kids have parents and other family members that should be doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies