U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 04:01 AM

4,028 posts, read 6,229,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
From Terrorism | Define Terrorism at Dictionary.com:

ter·ror·ism

   /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
noun 1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
__________________________________________________ _

Yes. Threatening to disrupt the lives of innocent people, actions that the "protesters" know (and count on..) could very well lead to violence (and has in some cases), yes, I consider that terrorism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I guess we have different ideas of what terrorism is. You consider blocking streets terrorism, I consider 9/11 terrorism.
I guess grandma standing there, all 4'10" of her, was too much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,867,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I guess grandma standing there, all 4'10" of her, was too much.

The police pepper sprayed people who were assembled unlawfully and refused to disperse. I could only imagine the reactions if they physically moved this woman instead of pepper spraying her. What are the police supposed to do in these situations when people are breaking the law? The cops couldn't win either way. Should people be allowed to break the law because they are old? It's hilarious watching the usual liberal sheeple hoot and holler as they buy into this asinine tactic employed by the occupeeons of putting old people in the front line.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 AM

4,414 posts, read 3,226,686 times
So instead of questioning the constitutionality of requiring a permit to assemble in a public space, the OP and other like minded individual are calling this woman and other protesters "terrorists."

I can't decide if this makes me angry, frightened, or sad, that we've gotten to this point as a country.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:49 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,867,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So instead of questioning the constitutionality of requiring a permit to assemble in a public space, the OP and other like minded individual are calling this woman and other protesters "terrorists."

I can't decide if this makes me angry, frightened, or sad, that we've gotten to this point as a country.

Is it constitutional to violate the law to serve your own purposes?

Old 11-18-2011, 09:08 AM

25,237 posts, read 13,329,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Why did Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn apologize to this law-breaker ? He should be ashamed of himself. I don't care what your age is, when you start engaging in terrorist tactics like blocking streets and trying to shut down whole neighborhoods, you deserve what you get!! I say: Pepper-spray all those idiot Occupiers!! With no discriminating!!

And as a side note: Keith Olbermann is an idiot!! (But I already knew that)...a terrorist is his hero!!:

Local News | Pepper-sprayed woman gets mayor's apology | Seattle Times Newspaper

Excerpts: "...The confrontations began Tuesday afternoon after demonstrators blocked downtown intersections, delaying commuters. As far back as Oct. 8, police have followed a policy of keeping streets clear, by arrest if necessary...

"...Police said they used pepper spray to disperse a crowd in Belltown, while arresting a 17-year-old girl who swung a stick at officers. Protesters regrouped on Fifth Avenue at Pine Street. "Pepper spray was deployed only against subjects who were either refusing a lawful order to disperse or engaging in assaultive behavior toward officers," said the department's online statement.

"....Wednesday night, Rainey appeared on "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

"....At the end of the nearly 10-minute interview, Olbermann chuckled and said, "You're one of my heroes now."

She shouldn't have been there!!
According to you she is a terrorist, wow, talking about being confused

Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,294,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I guess we have different ideas of what terrorism is. You consider blocking streets terrorism, I consider 9/11 terrorism.
Both are terrorism.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
According to you she is a terrorist, wow, talking about being confused
Explain then.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post

That was questioned was already settled. Assemblying in a public space doesn't mean you can terrorize people by disrupting their lives and trying to provoke the police to advance your agenda. Yes, that is terrorism.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,229,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The police pepper sprayed people who were assembled unlawfully and refused to disperse. I could only imagine the reactions if they physically moved this woman instead of pepper spraying her. What are the police supposed to do in these situations when people are breaking the law? The cops couldn't win either way. Should people be allowed to break the law because they are old? It's hilarious watching the usual liberal sheeple hoot and holler as they buy into this asinine tactic employed by the occupeeons of putting old people in the front line.
She was there legally.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
She was there legally.
You didn't read the article, did you? They were blocking streets without a permit and some turned violent, so the police ordered them to disperse. Blocking streets without a permit is illegal. Disobeying the commands of a police officer is illegal. So no, she was not there legally.

I suspect this is a set up, though, by the Occupooers to have yet another martyr and poster boy (or in this case, poster-grandmother) for their cause. Why didn't she disperse when the police ordered her to and warned them ahead of time that pepper spray would be used? This is a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies