Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:37 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
You don't understand why they are protesting, because they don't know why they are protesting. Explain how pooping on the side walk, or blocking streets to hospitals, is intelligent? Why should anyone have compassion for these idiots? What good are they doing, by smashing windows? Or keeping people from going to their own homes?
Oh, but they do have a rationale for it: they say that is how they have to get their message out. I guess writing a letter to a newspaper, and Facebook, MySpace, City-Data, and Twitter don't work anymore. And don't bother writing to or calling your rep or Senator.

Of couse what they are too immature and unintelligent to grasp is that that will drown out their message and backfire on them as more and more people who may sympathize with their message (when you can find it) become disgusted with their actions. Which, as these relatively-similar themed C-D threads show, is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Parent of the Year award.

I will love my child to death unconditionally no matter what their politics are and no matter what they protest. Even if they go off the deep end and join the KKK or Tea Party, I'd still welcome my kid with open arms.
Loving your kids, and letting them deal with conseqences of their stupidity, are two different things. They can't learn, if you caudle them. Tough love!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Loving your kids, and letting them deal with conseqences of their stupidity, are two different things. They can't learn, if you caudle them. Tough love!
If the parent is illiterate, how can they learn anything.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Parent of the Year award.

I will love my child to death unconditionally no matter what their politics are and no matter what they protest. Even if they go off the deep end and join the KKK or Tea Party, I'd still welcome my kid with open arms.
I think Yooperkat was using hyperbole. You should Google it.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
I think Yooperkat was using hyperbole. You should Google it.
I've read his previous posts and I say you are wrong!!!!!! Look up "wrong"

Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
I've read his previous posts and I say you are wrong!!!!!! Look up "wrong"
Well, I don't always agree with "tough love". But to each their own...

Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
They drew the attention of about 30,000 people in NYC with the march on Wall Street. If this "movement" is starting to grow legs, then they should take their march to Washington, DC, where the responsible parties are that they are protesting against.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:20 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
If capitalism and greed continue to go unchecked in this country, Yooperkat may find himself warming himself near a different kind of fireplace someday via a trash barrel, set on fire, in a city alley, on freezing days, along with other homeless people.

You'll take turns fueling the fire!

Old 11-18-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If capitalism and greed continue to go unchecked in this country,
What does this mean? In a free society you have the right to be greedy!! So you're saying you're againt freedom? And you're againt capitalism?

Old 11-18-2011, 12:24 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I know you don't understand (I've read a few of your posts) but it is the Tea Party that is organized, bussed in, told what to chant about, put on FOX News, and then cleaned up after when they all waddle off.

None of them have the guts to spend a cold night in a tent, get hit by a police baton, get maced or spend a night in jail. That is sacrificing for what you believe in.

The Tea Party is told to yell and scream that someone else should sacrifice, but are too clueless to understand that someone else means them. And that is just how their handlers intended it to be.
Right, the OWS people are the pinnacle of intelligence.
It takes a massive brain and a lot of guts to crap on
a cop car or pick on & old jewish Guy. Most of the
OWS gang don't have a clue what thier objective
(if they have one) is. I Don't think they gain anything
but the anger of the American public..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies