Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:08 PM

76 posts, read 209,240 times

Advertisements

The Idaho senator has done a great service to gays and lesbians. Those who are the most anti-gay seem to have some issues of their own. How many more homophobes have a little activity going on in the closet?

Please tell me what the gay agenda is? I am gay and going into my sixth decade. I did not know I belonged to a group and that the group has an agenda. I am so happy those who despise me can also describe what my life goals and ambitions are and then tear them down. Please tell me where my group meets and when do we get to vote on the agenda.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
If you open marriage up to homosexuals you cannot discriminate against any other combination man can conjure up. It's not hard to figure out. Gay marriage could not be more wrong for a healthy society unless you are ready to discriminate against people with other sexual preferences that will come forward screaming for their right to marry.

By the way, it is against the law for first cousins to marry. Why because it is wrong for society because children from those unions are more likely to be born with serious health problems. ….not that I would ever expect the gay community to want to consider any harm to society.
Really you need to stop. You know, when you dig yourself into a hole the first thing you do is stop digging yourself deeper.

Get over yourself. Social acceptance of homosexuality in no way means some sexual perversions will be accepted.

Physical activity between open and honest consenting adults, be it two men, two women, three men and a woman, a man and a woman, a married couple, is a normal, natural, okay thing. So long as there are no power imbalances, lack of consent, or illicit (sneaking around, breaking promises, lying) I don't see a problem.

Omigosh, the humanity

Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrumples View Post
The Idaho senator has done a great service to gays and lesbians. Those who are the most anti-gay seem to have some issues of their own. How many more homophobes have a little activity going on in the closet?

Please tell me what the gay agenda is? I am gay and going into my sixth decade. I did not know I belonged to a group and that the group has an agenda. I am so happy those who despise me can also describe what my life goals and ambitions are and then tear them down. Please tell me where my group meets and when do we get to vote on the agenda.
I've seen them hiding out in bathrooms, secret dance clubs, high fashion stores, and at hockey games.

I hear they're secretly plotting to convert our children in homosexuals. Their plan is two-fold: too infect as many people with diseases as they can (gays are staunch population control activists), to teach children how to dance and dress sharply and speak with lisps, to stop them from becoming professional athletes (gays hate football, you know), and to promote Satan as their idol (because gays hate God and such).

I tell you, I'm scared to death of them. It's bad enough us good Bible totin' white folk have to share public facilities with blacks and latinos, and that women are allowed out of the kitchen and to work full time jobs. I mean, who told them they were more than baby factories?

Old 08-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
It does not matter if it is choice or born that way, every action a person makes is CHOICE or are saying gays have no free will and have no control over their actions? I am a hetrosexual and I have full choice whether or not I act on that. A person could have an attraction to children and still has a CHOICE if he acts on that impulse.
You have to be flame.

I suppose the only time you have sex is when you want to pop out a child? Because you have a choice otherwise, no? And acting on those evil, nasty, naughty desires is so sinful and shameful, right?

Oh wait...it's just okay for some people, so long as they're married, religiously active man and woman.

I see.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
By the way there is NOTHING wrong with the institution of marriage but there is something wrong with some that jump into it and with the culture of “me me me” people are too lazy to work out problems and expect instant gratification.
Actually, there are quite a few very well educated biologists and social scientists that seem to think monogamy is a very artificial, outdated, unnatural, socially-constructed narrative.

Which perhaps speaks to the extremely high rate of divorce now, and the numerous source material found historically that speaks of depression (power dynamics kept people, especially women, in relationships they couldn't stand), and illicit and/or secret behavior (think Thomas Jefferson's affair, for one).

The thesis is that a happily married couple that has always been faithful to each other, fully and absolutely, is in the very, very, very, very small minority.

But I suppose that' just them thar' liberal professors and their high-falutin' books and words and such, right?

Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrumples View Post

The Log Cabin Republicans used to have "To Further The Gay Agenda" on the front page of their website. I suggest you go ask them about the agenda.

After 5 years of research as to the influence of the homosexual population on society and our children I stand by everything I have said and most could not be posted here. One telling sign that it is wrong is even gays use accusing someone of being gay or a closet homosexual as an insult or attack. If it was a good or normal thing it would be used as a compliment.

Why did I do the research? It was the opinions and incidents I heard out of children’s mouths they saw or learned at school.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
The Log Cabin Republicans used to have "To Further The Gay Agenda" on the front page of their website. I suggest you go ask them about the agenda.

After 5 years of research as to the influence of the homosexual population on society and our children I stand by everything I have said and most could not be posted here. One telling sign that it is wrong is even gays use accusing someone of being gay or a closet homosexual as an insult or attack. If it was a good or normal thing it would be used as a compliment.

Why did I do the research? It was the opinions and incidents I heard out of children’s mouths they saw or learned at school.
List sources, please.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:43 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
[quote=Anchorless;1386171]Actually, there are quite a few very well educated biologists and social scientists that seem to think monogamy is a very artificial, outdated, unnatural, socially-constructed narrative.
Please, enlighten us........ who are these people.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:48 PM

76 posts, read 209,240 times
I appreciate your insight and letting me know who speaks for me.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellinghamite View Post
Again, my impression of the perpective you describe here is one of anachronism.

Hell, I'm an anachronism. Out in Frisco, one of the "intellectuals" called me "immature and Heinleinesque."

Ever have someone try to put you down, but what they say flatters you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies