U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,127,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Believe me, I am well versed, very well versed indeed, thank you very much in both equity and debt markets, including individual stocks, spiders and other index funds, shorting, margins, margin calls, options and the like. Thank you very much for asking, though.

As most people of limited scope and close horizons do, you have fixated on some small snippet of fact, that you think is a great revelations and, hence, think that makes you some sort of guru, when in fact, you can't see the rest of the iceberg because you are fixated on the very top of the tip.

You have read the Foreward and the first sentence of the Introduction. Now read the rest of the book. When you have, come back.
I was hoping for more of an argument, and none of that "I'm a genius" stupidity. The crony capitalist in you simply wants more of the same... complete with the right wing political rhetoric "cut taxes and all will be fine" non-sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,547,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I was hoping for more of an argument, and none of that "I'm a genius" stupidity. The crony capitalist in you simply wants more of the same... complete with the right wing political rhetoric "cut taxes and all will be fine" non-sense.
It's not cut taxes and all will be fine. It's raise taxes and watch things go into the dumper. That seems to be okay though with the "never let a crisis go to waste crowd."

We don't want America looking like Chicago.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's not cut taxes and all will be fine. It's raise taxes and watch things go into the dumper. That seems to be okay though with the "never let a crisis go to waste crowd."

We don't want America looking like Chicago.
Raise taxes on who? Traders? Traders masquerading as investors? That will help actually.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:18 PM

386 posts, read 179,612 times
Quote:
Delude yourself as you wish. It is a free country. Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving, though.

Hint: Put raw oysters in the stuffing and then bake it.

BTW, the fact that you think I am a crony capitalist is proof that your observational skills need a bit of honing, no, filing, no, grinding, no perhaps you better start off with a newly-forged piece of steel and go from there.

I am anything but a crony capitalist. However, the fact that you can't see that the US is having serious problems, much of which stems from micro-engineering attempts by govt of the economy and nation as a whole, is cause for concern.

The answer isn't more government, more regulations, more pathetic attempts at steering the economy by the economically-blind. It is more freedom, more individualism and more self-reliance.

But first you must truly open your eyes, flush the accumulation of mucus from them and start seeing again.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Delude yourself as you wish. It is a free country. Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving, though.

BTW, the fact that you think I am a crony capitalist is proof that your observational skills need a bit of honing, no, filing, no, grinding, no perhaps you better start off with a newly-forged piece of steel and go from there.

I am anything but a crony capitalist. However, the fact that you can't see that the US is having serious problems, much of which stems from micro-engineering attempts by govt of the economy and nation as a whole, is cause for concern.

The answer isn't more government, more regulations, more pathetic attempts at steering the economy by the economically-blind. It is more freedom, more individualism and more self-reliance.

But first you must truly open your eyes, flush the accumulation of mucus from them and start seeing again.
And again, nothing worth discussing. Only more blathering.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
And again, nothing worth discussing. Only more blathering.
Another very thirsty horse standing in front of a cool river of fresh clean water.

Perhaps, like a thirsty horse, should just drink it in and let it slake your thirsty tissues. Don't argue that it isn't cool enough, or flowing fast enough, just drink it in and gain the benefits.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,547,202 times
Quote:

But a command economy works damnit. You just have to get rid of individualism, the rich, the poor, the educated, the elites, families and morals. Then you just need to start the encampments and gulags and you're well on the way to a prosperous "just" society where economic and civil justice reigns supreme.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Another very thirsty horse standing in front of a cool river of fresh clean water.

Perhaps, like a thirsty horse, should just drink it in and let it slake your thirsty tissues. Don't argue that it isn't cool enough, or flowing fast enough, just drink it in and gain the benefits.
No thanks. I don't want to join this band of horses you belong in. My role is better served in discussions, that is beyond your capacity. Clearly.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
No thanks. I don't want to join this band of horses you belong in. My role is better served in discussions, that is beyond your capacity. Clearly.
Clearly????? You deceive yourself.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
But a command economy works damnit. You just have to get rid of individualism, the rich, the poor, the educated, the elites, families and morals. Then you just need to start the encampments and gulags and you're well on the way to a prosperous "just" society where economic and civil justice reigns supreme.
I bring these thirsty horses to water, but they refuse to drink. Their ignorance is so profound it prevents all learning on their part. It is quite saddening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies