U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,001,037 times
Reputation: 12105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Clearly????? You deceive yourself.
Don't worry about others... just think for self and stop drinking whatever that is you're out preaching about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2011, 02:55 PM
 
386 posts, read 178,196 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Don't worry about others... just think for self and stop drinking whatever that is you're out preaching about.
I worry about the USA at the hands of people who "think" like, well..... YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,001,037 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
I worry about the USA at the hands of people who "think" like, well..... YOU.
Please don't. Its pathetic (to put it politely). Although, I'm sure you have the best intentions, the fact is, I see you condoning everything that is wrong with Wall Street.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 11-22-2011 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 PM
 
386 posts, read 178,196 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Please don't. Its pathetic (to put it politely). Although, I'm sure you have the best intentions, the fact is, I see you condoning everything that is wrong with Wall Street.
How dare you say that you scoundrel.

Cite one quote of mine where I condoned anything that is wrong with wall street. I only spoke about taxing capital gains.

I DEMAND a retraction and an apology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,001,037 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
How dare you say that you scoundrel.

Cite one quote of mine where I condoned anything that is wrong with wall street. I only spoke about taxing capital gains.

I DEMAND a retraction and an apology.
Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 PM
 
386 posts, read 178,196 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Deal with it.
You, sir, are a punk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,001,037 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
You, sir, are a punk.
I think you should stick with regurgitating the typical right wing politicians' talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 PM
 
386 posts, read 178,196 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I think you should stick with regurgitating the typical right wing politicians' talking points.
Consider yourself scraped off my boot soles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,712 posts, read 11,010,658 times
Reputation: 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Believe me, I am well versed, very well versed indeed, thank you very much in both equity and debt markets, including individual stocks, spiders and other index funds, shorting, margins, margin calls, options and the like. Thank you very much for asking, though.

As most people of limited scope and close horizons do, you have fixated on some small snippet of fact, that you think is a great revelations and, hence, think that makes you some sort of guru, when in fact, you can't see the rest of the iceberg because you are fixated on the very top of the tip.

You have read the Foreward and the first sentence of the Introduction. Now read the rest of the book. When you have, come back.
Your theory is that high capital gains tax-rates discourage investment while low capital gains rates encourage investment. Here is a chart of private domestic investment and I challenge you to determine, just by looking at the chart, where tax-rates changed. You can't. But what is clear is that investment closely follows business cycles. Up in expansionary times and lower in recessions:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 05:35 PM
 
386 posts, read 178,196 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your theory is that high capital gains tax-rates discourage investment while low capital gains rates encourage investment. Here is a chart of private domestic investment and I challenge you to determine, just by looking at the chart, where tax-rates changed. You can't. But what is clear is that investment closely follows business cycles. Up in expansionary times and lower in recessions:

You see the first dune and think you know the entire desert, when, in fact, your knowledge of what you speak about with such conviction, is miniscule at best.

Instead of pursuing your tireless agenda of punishing those with a dollar more than you have, why don't you pursue courses of action that will help America, and yourself, prosper, instead of doing that which history, across all the continents, shows hurts rather than helps economies?

I can't help but question your motivations. Is your lust for destroying your betters so strong that you would take the entire nation down to hurt them, to bring them down to your level?

Answer..., well never mind, I was going to say "truthfully".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top