U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2011, 10:55 AM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,547,202 times
Reputation: 4016

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Any form of Satan shrinks from symbols of Christianity (cross, holy water, etc). Everyone knows about vampires because of the movies. Remember The Exorcist ?
I wasn't born yet... I was maybe a twinkle in my parents eyes though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2011, 03:55 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 36,022,942 times
Reputation: 12726
Red face Washington Post vacates OWS

Washington Post Vacates The Occupy Movement, But What About Obama? - Big Journalism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 36,022,942 times
Reputation: 12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
He's a vampire too?
He's sucked the life out of the economy hasn't he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Southern California
1,435 posts, read 1,299,010 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan
Quote:
Any form of Satan shrinks from symbols of Christianity (cross, holy water, etc). Everyone knows about vampires because of the movies. Remember The Exorcist ?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I wasn't born yet... I was maybe a twinkle in my parents eyes though.
Wasn't there a recent remake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 04:07 PM
 
12,439 posts, read 10,000,954 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
OWS implode? Guess they missed the coverage yesterday.
I know right. This is just wishful thinking by those on the far right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,244,233 times
Reputation: 27525
I think there's a ring of truth to this.

Occupy Wall Street Favor Fading - Public Policy Polling
"Only 33% now say that they are supportive of its goals, compared to 45% who say they oppose them.
..
..what the downturn in Occupy Wall Street's image suggests is that voters are seeing the movement as more about the 'Occupy' than the 'Wall Street.' The controversy over the protests is starting to drown out the actual message."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:00 PM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,547,202 times
Reputation: 4016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Wasn't there a recent remake?
I don't watch movies, in general, they're a waste of time.

Believe it or not, I actually work while responding on here so don't think I'm wasting time while on here. I use this to bounce ideas or to simmer on thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:02 PM
 
12,439 posts, read 10,000,954 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think there's a ring of truth to this.

Occupy Wall Street Favor Fading - Public Policy Polling
"Only 33% now say that they are supportive of its goals, compared to 45% who say they oppose them.
..
..what the downturn in Occupy Wall Street's image suggests is that voters are seeing the movement as more about the 'Occupy' than the 'Wall Street.' The controversy over the protests is starting to drown out the actual message."
Interesting, I guess the propaganda war is winning; however, there are more and more people occupying every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:07 PM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,547,202 times
Reputation: 4016
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Interesting, I guess the propaganda war is winning; however, there are more and more people occupying every day.
No, those are empty tents. More and more people are going back home to mom and dad's place to sleep since it's getting cold. Don't touch their (privately owned) unoccupied tents though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Southern California
1,435 posts, read 1,299,010 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I don't watch movies, in general, they're a waste of time.

Believe it or not, I actually work while responding on here so don't think I'm wasting time while on here. I use this to bounce ideas or to simmer on thoughts.
I know. So do I. I work 10-hours a day 5 days a week and do the same thing here. I was just being flippant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top