U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 09:59 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,531,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post

I do agree, the police pepper spraying a bunch of non violent American citizens in the face for sitting on the ground was the appropriate response.
Well, I certainly hope Los Angeles PD takes a lesson from this and uses pepper spray on those who block traffic.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 10:03 AM

1,065 posts, read 947,726 times
Thank God we did away with the draft . Look at the sissy reaction to pepper spray .

Old 11-19-2011, 10:05 AM

3,288 posts, read 3,876,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So these peaceful protesters were just sitting there, minding their own business and the police just randomly walked up and sprayed them ?

That is not the case. They were peaceful in that they just sat there but they were blocking the law from doing their job and told to move. Pepper spray vs physically removing them was a good choice by the police.

Do you support civil disobedience ? Do you support anarchy ?
Protesting is one thing and is backed by our constitution but preventing the law from doing their job is not.

The police asked them to move so they could take the arrested out.
So, I'm going to have to Godwin this thread because the second paragraph is ridiculous.

Would you say the people hiding Anne Frank in the attic deserved to be shot because they didn't help the Gestapo round them up? After all, they were keeping the state from doing their job!

Also, note my previous post which contradicts your post that this was even legally acceptable.

And no, I don't support abuse of power, if that's what you're trying to get at. It's not carte blanche for cops to do whatever the hell they want.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:05 AM

656 posts, read 508,092 times
Quote:
So these peaceful protesters were just sitting there, minding their own business and the police just randomly walked up and sprayed them ?

That is not the case. They were peaceful in that they just sat there but they were blocking the law from doing their job and told to move. Pepper spray vs physically removing them was a good choice by the police.

Do you support civil disobedience ? Do you support anarchy ?
Protesting is one thing and is backed by our constitution but preventing the law from doing their job is not.

The police asked them to move so they could take the arrested out.
How can you be so cold?

This is America.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Well, I certainly hope Los Angeles PD takes a lesson from this and uses pepper spray on those who block traffic.
I hope they are imposing a fine on the pepper spray recipients , for the Cops overtime and the spray itself .

Old 11-19-2011, 10:07 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,963,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
How can you be so cold?

This is America.
Just my opinion. But hey..I'm not in charge so what does it really matter.
The OWS folks though are now telling their protesters to just kill the cops if they try to arrest them.

That should end any pepper spraying and then the movement can continue on..peacefully of course.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:09 AM

10,833 posts, read 11,578,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
How can you be so cold?

This is America.
The protesters are getting the exact response they want.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Just my opinion. But hey..I'm not in charge so what does it really matter.
The OWS folks though are now telling their protesters to just kill the cops if they try to arrest them.

That should end any pepper spraying and then the movement can continue on..peacefully of course.
Are you kidding , you are not , are you?

Old 11-19-2011, 10:14 AM

3,829 posts, read 2,660,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
agreed, the police response has been ridiculous.

Agreed. Where are the nightsticks when you need them?

Old 11-19-2011, 10:17 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,963,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Are you kidding , you are not , are you?
Actually I wish I were kidding or posted that with sarcasm but I'm not.
Go read the twitter messages ... full of hatred for the law and many advocating taking the law into their own hands so they can continue protesting. They are just defending their camps.

If local law enforcement can't quell this then watch for the National Guards to be called out.
If that happens then watch for blood to flow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or