U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 10:43 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,294,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_Caps_Skins_Fan View Post
Of course you don't because you disagree with their cause. I expect this from teabag hypocrites like you. If this was someone protesting gun rights or pro life or something of that nature, I bet we would hear all sorts of OUTRAGE from you and those like you.

Quote:
You wouldn't hear it from me, though I am pro-life. I don't agree with law-breaking and infringing on the rights of others to make a point.
Like I said, its OK to abuse people and infringe upon their rights so long as you disagree with their political position, or any other position for that matter.

Quote:
LOL This is what the OWS "protesters" are doing!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 PM

1,082 posts, read 761,618 times
I laughed at the vid. Sorry.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 PM

414 posts, read 765,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
LOL This is what the OWS "protesters" are doing!!
How is peacefully assembling to protest something (anything) infringing upon anyone's rights?

Its not. But I digress, I can't force you or anyone else to have any sort of common sense.

Last I checked, it is still a right provided for under the U. S. constitution, just as is the right to bear arms.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:51 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,294,046 times
Quote:
How is peacefully assembling to protest something (anything) infringing upon anyone's rights?

Its not. But I digress, I can't force you or anyone else to have any sort of common sense.

Last I checked, it is still a right provided for under the U. S. constitution, just as is the right to bear arms.
Blocking streets and sidewalks. Shutting down intersections. Shutting down sea ports like the Port of Oakland. Forcing small businesses out of business by preventing customers from patronizing them. Beating drums all night when people trying to sleep. Terrorizing little kids as they try to go to school. The crime, the disease that can be spread at and from the illegal camps, need I go on?

The Constitution in no way supports this.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:53 AM

3,161 posts, read 3,713,229 times
any new videos of the unwashed losers getting tortured ?

Ive grown weary of the old ones....

Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,776,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Our idiots in Congress just refused to "move" on a plan that would have required compromise. They're threatening the rest of us in a big way by their refusal to get serious and do their jobs.

Can we pepper spray them, too? Please?
wow, that is tempting but it would be so wrong, wouldn't it???

Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 AM

386 posts, read 178,335 times
Quote:
Yep. Hopefully those "police" will lose their jobs too, and be prosecuted. These people were engaging in civil disobedience, which is inherently non violent. The police simply could have hand cuffed them and taken them off too, and nothing more. Pepper spraying non violent protesters who are practicing their RIGHT to civilly disobey in a non violent manner was and is a gross abuse of power, and NOT something that should be tolerated in a "free" country.

Those that say since they were breaking the law they deserved it, the next time your speedometer goes over the posted limit, or your jaywalk, or anything else, you should be pepper sprayed, or beaten, or possibly even worse. Since after all you DID break the rule of law so you SHOULD suffer the consequences whatever they may be or whatever the law enforcement officer feels like those consequences should be.
Now for some rational thought. If you broke a speeding law, and police attempted to stop you, and you refused to stop, you might get the vehicular equivilant of peper spray, and properly so.

And remember, the first occupy terrorist act was in 1988, Occupy Chicago, organized by The Potemkin Village Idiot B. Obama, currently residing, at taxpayer expense, in the White House.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,678,883 times
Quote:
Of course you don't because you disagree with their cause. I expect this from teabag hypocrites. If this was someone protesting gun rights or pro life or something of that nature, I bet we would hear all sorts of OUTRAGE from you and those like you. Like I said, its OK to abuse people and infringe upon their rights so long as you disagree with their political position, or any other position for that matter.

People here are adults they can google or youtube videos of peaceful demonstrators getting arrested.
Of course they can - although, it's odd that you could go get the videos you specifically reference much faster than it would take us to sift through the videos and guess at which ones you're referring to... Seems odd you don't just post the videos.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,324,924 times
This all goes back to afirmative action - hiring practices that are common now when it comes to gathering up law enforcement to enforce law and keep order and the piece. There was a time when only bright and strong men and women were welcomed into the profession of law enforcement..Now you have some twit that should be working in a burger joint..who weighs 140 pounds - is five foot 6 inches tall and carries a gun...and who feels "threatened" - If a law enforcer feels threatened by a bunch of kid sitting on the ground then maybe that police officer is not fit for the job...

It just looks like affirmative action hiring policy has come back to bight the liberal hand that created it.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 AM

39,036 posts, read 23,160,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Blocking streets and sidewalks. Shutting down intersections. Shutting down sea ports like the Port of Oakland. Forcing small businesses out of business by preventing customers from patronizing them. Beating drums all night when people trying to sleep. Terrorizing little kids as they try to go to school. The crime, the disease that can be spread at and from the illegal camps, need I go on?

The Constitution in no way supports this.
And these students were sitting on the sidewalk at their campus quad. Guess what, people could go around them, the police officer climbed over them several times. The college wasn't in danger of going out of business. There was NO reason to pepper spray them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or