U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 08:47 AM

19,496 posts, read 13,266,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
That is complete BS. Apparently when you do your job you get punished because some PC liberals whine and moan nonstop.
no kidding. They break the law by blocking entrance to a building, they refuse to leave, they resist the attempts by the police who tried to physically remove them.

So which way offers the least amount of resistance and least chance of physical harm to the police and the protesters, wrestling with each individual protester in a direct physical altercation, or using pepper spray?

BTW, that pepper spray looked pretty darn weak, since it took so long before people reacted to it, and even then the reaction was one of annoyance. I don't think any woman should buy that brand of spray, if she thinks she might have to use it on a potential rapist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 09:37 AM

4,260 posts, read 2,871,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
I see no problem with the kids giving them exactly what they're asking for. .

So do you have a problem with the kids getting exactly what they are asking for?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 AM

1,147 posts, read 751,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Well, you're kind of a psycho.
See now I think you're kind of a psycho, to be honest.

Anyone willing to be a victim of unprovoked violence without defending themselves immediately or retaliating at a later date is nothing more than a useless eater in my book.

This is the United States of America. We didn't get from 1776 to 2011 by cowering in the face of tyranny. We got here by whooping tyranny's ass.

That is all I am saying. Nobody is advocating attacking so-called "authority figures". However I am advocating an extreme and well-organized defense when those so-called "authority figures" overstep their bounds and infringe on civil rights.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 AM

3,869 posts, read 12,563,461 times
These kids have it sosooo easy and if some pepper spray is used on them it is now a big national story?
Sorry ,but some kids just got some pepper spray not tear gas, (cn or cs) they were not struck with a night stick, Dogs were not used nor were fire hoses or rubber bullets or bean bags shot at them and where were the police with the fire hoses, they could have done some cleaning of the sidewalks.

Yea, these kids are lucky they didn't go to ken state.

They were in the wrong and refusing a lawful order what should the police have done?
Given them a participation award?
Called their moms?
Shouldn't these kids be home for thanksgiving ?
These poor rich kids now will have to call up mom and ask her to send dad down to bail them out.
Way to go. Ruin yet another family weekend.
Kids
Go occupy a jail cell.

To the folks who saw just go around them, What if someone in a wheelchair wanted to use the side walk?
There are laws conceding blocking a sidewalk.
Just because you are protesting doesn't mean you can do it anywhere you please.
Then they escalated the situation with their failure to disperse.
Those "kids" could also have had weapons.

Punks, occupy a job.

ps on the police suspension, this does not mean they will be disciplined and they are getting paid to not work at this point.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:41 AM

1,147 posts, read 751,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
So do you have a problem with the kids getting exactly what they are asking for?
They're asking for change, not violence. I see no problem with that.

If you can't distinguish between the two, I suggest you go back to school and let us know when you reach 7th grade.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I am advocating for the basic rules of engagement. If you raise a hand to someone else first, a raised hand is what you should be met with.
They were breaking the law and rules set by the college. what these people were doing breached the rules for proper conduct. They only way to get them to move would be to physically wrestle with them and haul them away by brute force. So you are advocating for the police to put their hands on people, who are resisting the police. You don't see any possibility of someone inflicting injury on another person in that?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,685,559 times
Quote:
See now I think you're kind of a psycho, to be honest.

Anyone willing to be a victim of unprovoked violence without defending themselves immediately or retaliating at a later date is nothing more than a useless eater in my book.

This is the United States of America. We didn't get from 1776 to 2011 by cowering in the face of tyranny. We got here by whooping tyranny's ass.

That is all I am saying. Nobody is advocating attacking so-called "authority figures". However I am advocating an extreme and well-organized defense when those so-called "authority figures" overstep their bounds and infringe on civil rights.
Right, good luck convincing us that murdering a cop for pepper spraying some kids (who were breaking the law) is a perfectly unpsychotic thing to do.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:

If you can't distinguish between the two, I suggest you go back to school and let us know when you reach 7th grade.
They were asking for violence, or at least a physical altercation. They were blocking access to a public area, and they refused requests by the campus police to move. How do you propose that the police remove them, if they did not resort to physical force of action? The students were essentially saying they were NOT going to move, and daring the police to use physical force to make them move.

These sit ins are asinine. This has to be the laziest form of protest, a desperate act, when they have no other ideas. It's a regression back to being three years old, and refusing to take a bath or go take a nap.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:

They are not asking for it. They are demading it thru unlawfull means. I suppose in your eyes a bank robber is just asking for money.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 AM

Lets not forget , the change they were asking for was for other people to pay for more of their education. Actualy not asking , demanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or