U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 10:35 AM

3,869 posts, read 12,566,268 times

Advertisements

It was pepper spray.
Military, grizzly, civilian or kid grade makes no diff it was just pepper spray it was not mace, CN or CS and it was not teargas .

If it wasn't so weak they would not have to get them to lift their faces by pulling on their shirts for it to be effective.
red dye is added for later identification of the offenders.

If they used mace or Cn it would have been over with the first squirt.

The police don't have to wrestle with you to get you to comply.
They used nonviolent force.

ps I have been sprayed with pepper spray and I have had the opportunity to experience CN, CS and teargas and believe me pepper spray is like water in compression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 AM

4,260 posts, read 2,872,455 times
actualy isnt mace just a brand name of pepper spray?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:41 AM

So if a cop tells you to move along and you dont, is that realy any different then a cop telling you to stop and you dont?

Do those opposed to this action beleive they should just keep driving when the blues come on?

24,889 posts, read 20,405,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
It was pepper spray.
Military, grizzly, civilian or kid grade makes no diff it was just pepper spray it was not mace, CN or CS and it was not teargas .

If it wasn't so weak they would not have to get them to lift their faces by pulling on their shirts for it to be effective.

If they used mace or Cn it would have been over with the first squirt.

The police don't have to wrestle with you to get you to comply.
They used nonviolent force.
I guess when they turned firehoses on African American protestors, since it was water, it was nonviolent force also.....

Sad, truly sad post.

I could not disagree with you more.

Nope, there not even close to being the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
actualy isnt mace just a brand name of pepper spray?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:44 AM

16,553 posts, read 11,117,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I guess when they turned firehoses on African American protestors, since it was water, it was nonviolent force also.....

Sad, truly sad post.

I could not disagree with you more.
These morons were asked to leave the sidewalk MANY times and were told they would be sprayed. They didn't move, that in essence is them giving the police permission to spray them. Next time, they will do what the police tell them to.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
These morons were asked to leave the sidewalk MANY times and were told they would be sprayed. They didn't move, that in essence is them giving the police permission to spray them. Next time, they will do what the police tell them to.

I disagree with you. Force should not be used when you can either move them one at a time, or arrest them without violence.

Using force, lethal or not, without provocation is not acceptable, and most Americans will disagree with your position on that.

Sitting is not provocation

Old 11-22-2011, 10:49 AM

bla bla bla I have a right to protest who cares if my protest infringes on anyone elses rights to make a living, walk down a sidewalk, drive down a road, use a park,etc etc
to heck with them I have a right to protest.

Yes, you do but not at the expense of other peoples rights.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Nope, there not even close to being the same.

are ya sure?

Pepper Mace Defense Spray

Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
bla bla bla I have a right to protest who cares if my protest infringes on anyone elses rights to make a living, walk down a sidewalk, drive down a road, use a park,etc etc
to heck with them I have a right to protest.

Yes, you do but not at the expense of other peoples rights.

Really, you couldn't walk around them?

They weren't preventing anyone from going to work, or make a living, or walk down a sidewalk. They may have made you walk 30 yards out of your way, but you could still get there.

I could not disagree with you more. Your quote

"bla bla bla" says it all. You disagree with their message, so you don't care if they are violated. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or