U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 AM

1,065 posts, read 947,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually I wish I were kidding or posted that with sarcasm but I'm not.
Go read the twitter messages ... full of hatred for the law and many advocating taking the law into their own hands so they can continue protesting. They are just defending their camps.

If local law enforcement can't quell this then watch for the National Guards to be called out.
If that happens then watch for blood to flow.
Its a shame to spend local tax dollars this way . I hope the make the offenders pay .
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 09:37 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,595,241 times
You can be sure that the violence that is developing within the OWS crowd will escalate over the coming year. It will lead to full blown riots and deaths. What I find as amazing is that anyone can justify the actions of these protestors. They were breaking the law. It is unlawful to hinder an officer from doing his duty. They are fortunate the batons didn't come out. They keep pushing and I guarantee they will.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 AM

11,425 posts, read 16,675,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Yes

Old 11-19-2011, 09:55 AM

3,288 posts, read 3,875,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Yes
Agreed. Legal precedent blows.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:59 AM

19,891 posts, read 15,774,525 times
Quote:
Definitely. I got a speeding ticket last week, cop followed it up by pepper spraying me in the face.

I mean, it made it tough to drive, but those are the rules.
My guess is you obeyed the cop. I further suppose if you did not listen to his instructions, there would have been consequences. It really isn't a difficult concept. If you are going to disobey lawful orders, there will be consequences.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:02 AM

11,425 posts, read 16,675,196 times
Quote:
Agreed. Legal precedent blows.
Agreed they were idiots and got what they asked for, don't be fooled.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:02 AM

19,891 posts, read 15,774,525 times
Quote:
Would you please elaborate on why there are quotes around peaceful. In this situation would you point out where exactly violent action was conducted?
Hey, it must be nice being an armchair cop.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:06 AM

9,857 posts, read 6,738,725 times
Quote:
For some of you this is sad, for other blood thirsty savages this is probably awesome as hell!

If they follow the directions of the police then nothing will happen here.

If they don't follow the police and start in numbers to act up, getting control of the situation will will get more wild.

Cooperate with an officer, they want to go home at night.
You can accidentally get yourself or others killed if you take things too far.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,209 times
Quote:
For some of you this is sad, for other blood thirsty savages this is probably awesome as hell!

Enjoy either way!

Police pepper spraying and arresting students at UC Davis - YouTube

"The basis of authority is bodily violence." -Leo Tolstoy

Peace,
brian

Old 11-19-2011, 10:14 AM

11,961 posts, read 6,581,181 times
Quote:
So, I'm going to have to Godwin this thread because the second paragraph is ridiculous.

Would you say the people hiding Anne Frank in the attic deserved to be shot because they didn't help the Gestapo round them up? After all, they were keeping the state from doing their job!

Also, note my previous post which contradicts your post that this was even legally acceptable.

And no, I don't support abuse of power, if that's what you're trying to get at. It's not carte blanche for cops to do whatever the hell they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
This is criminal, an abridgement of our 1st amendment rights. These jackbooted thugs need to lose their badges for this.
The community organizer beat you to this on post #9. You are not quick enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or