Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 01:17 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
No, but the point you keep ignoring is that there are other ways to remove them than to resort to the most heavy-handed tactics right away.

Dead on, by the line of logic mentioned by some here, why not just shoot one of them in the head? I bet people would move then.

No one was hurting the police, they simply jumped to the heaviest, non lethal, hand they had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 01:18 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,473,815 times
A little bit of pepper spray. The next day it was nothiong but a memory. Damn you people ae acting like they cained em.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
A little bit of pepper spray. The next day it was nothiong but a memory. Damn you people ae acting like they cained em.

Military grade, supposed to be used at a minimum of 20 feet, on bears, and it was used on nonviolent protestors, with no threat to the police, by lifting their shirts and spraying it in their faces, inches away.

And you don't think thats over the line?

I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree with you more.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 PM

You have every right not to agree. its a free country. That being said , like everything in the news , a big deal is being made out of not much.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You have every right not to agree. its a free country. That being said , like everything in the news , a big deal is being made out of not much.

Do you think its over the line? Why not? Do you think it would have been ok for people to spray TEA party protestors? Not all of them had permits.

Its ridiculous that anyone thinks that police using violent action on anyone who isn't committing violence is something to be concerned of.

Those who would give up essential liberty for a moments safety, deserve neither.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:28 PM

They knew the consequences. If it was me and a cop told me to screw , I would have screwed. I dont see pepper spray as violent action. I actualy dont see anything that a shower will fix as violent action.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
No, but the point you keep ignoring is that there are other ways to remove them than to resort to the most heavy-handed tactics right away.
The point you are missing is that the police asked them MANY times to move and even told them if they didn't they'd get sprayed. By them not moving, they gave permission to be sprayed. This is hardly heavy-handed tactics right away.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times
Quote:
Well, may you deal with this not-so-big-deal in person, someday.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:39 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do you think its over the line? Why not? Do you think it would have been ok for people to spray TEA party protestors? Not all of them had permits.

Its ridiculous that anyone thinks that police using violent action on anyone who isn't committing violence is something to be concerned of.

Those who would give up essential liberty for a moments safety, deserve neither.
They were told they were going to get sprayed if they didn't move. They didn't move, guess what happened next? They ASKED for it and they GOT it!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
They knew the consequences. If it was me and a cop told me to screw , I would have screwed. I dont see pepper spray as violent action. I actualy dont see anything that a shower will fix as violent action.

And just because a police officer tells you to move, then you have to? I haven't read that law, did they show them a court order to move?

And not moving is not grounds for violent action, its grounds for arrest, and if you can peacefully arrest someone without violence, then you do that.

If someone walks into a police station after robbing a bank, and confesses, you don't assault them, then arrest them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies