U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:24 AM
 
3,288 posts, read 3,875,492 times
Reputation: 816

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You forgot to add they disregarded the order to disperse by a lawful authority...

If this were another country they would have been beaten by clubs or shot instead of pepper sprayed..
Hate to break it to you but sometimes lawful authorities are corrupt or lie. In that case there is really no reason for a critical citizen to obey the "law".

I'm going to ignore the second part because it assumes that America is a ****hole state that can't do better, and sadly, I'm an optimist and believe we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Austin
4,095 posts, read 7,203,964 times
Reputation: 2117
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You forgot to add they disregarded the order to disperse by a lawful authority...

If this were another country they would have been beaten by clubs or shot instead of pepper sprayed..
As if that would be the better option. I'm hoping you're not a POW yourself-- you obviously have not learned anything about our ideals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,937,493 times
Reputation: 27520
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
As if that would be the better option. I'm hoping you're not a POW yourself-- you obviously have not learned anything about our ideals.
Protesters are like POWs now ???
Not even close, not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:30 AM
 
20,979 posts, read 15,629,058 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
For some of you this is sad, for other blood thirsty savages this is probably awesome as hell!

Enjoy either way!


Police pepper spraying and arresting students at UC Davis - YouTube
Don't give me that crap.

The only sad part is that these ows loons are placing themselves in harms way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:31 AM
 
3,288 posts, read 3,875,492 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You don't have to be violent to break the law. How many stories have you read of bank robbers doing nothing more than handing a note to a teller. There was no VIOLENCE done so did that bank robber break the law ?
So you're suggesting that the protesters that got pepper sprayed deserved to get sprayed because they were obviously going to become violent, correct?

Or are you stating that if you break the law police can basically do whatever they want, including pepper spraying you in the face. Measured responses don't exist.

I'm guessing the second otherwise your point has no real logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,864,710 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Definitely. I got a speeding ticket last week, cop followed it up by pepper spraying me in the face.

I mean, it made it tough to drive, but those are the rules.

So did you get out of the car, illegally block the street, scream at him, and disobey his lawful commands?

Epic

Deflection

Fail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,937,493 times
Reputation: 27520
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
So you're suggesting that the protesters that got pepper sprayed deserved to get sprayed because they were obviously going to become violent, correct?

Or are you stating that if you break the law police can basically do whatever they want, including pepper spraying you in the face. Measured responses don't exist.

I'm guessing the second otherwise your point has no real logic.
No, no, no and no. You refuse to acknowledge that protesters got arrested and the police were trying to bring them to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 AM
 
4,101 posts, read 5,902,881 times
Reputation: 5637
Default Occupy Protesters Pepper Sprayed in the Face by Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
For some of you this is sad, for other blood thirsty savages this is probably awesome as hell!

Enjoy either way!


Police pepper spraying and arresting students at UC Davis - YouTube
I find your post is sad. Why should these creeps be allowed to block access to whatever they choose? Pepper Spray is pretty mild, too bad the police didn't use something with some lasting effects to show other protesters they meant business. Years ago at Kent State University the National Guard got their attention and put an end to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 AM
 
3,288 posts, read 3,875,492 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So did you get out of the car, illegally block the street, scream at him, and disobey his lawful commands?

Epic

Deflection

Fail
No, but I broke the law so I clearly deserve to get pepper sprayed.

Also none of those actions you mentioned are particularly violent, so I don't see how a violent response would be at all measured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:39 AM
 
3,288 posts, read 3,875,492 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, no, no and no. You refuse to acknowledge that protesters got arrested and the police were trying to bring them to jail.
And you refuse to acknowledge that the protesters that got sprayed weren't doing anything violent, yet were met with violent action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top