U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 11:05 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,309,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Those are primarily immigrant communities, which re-emphasizes the point that these turd world ppl bring their social backwardness to this country. I wish that we could send them all back to their cesspool countries, but that's another topic. The "overall" Hispanic margin FOR Prop 8 was smaller since it included the general population.

You could easily show a list of white trailer trash towns like Bakersfield, Twentynine Palms, Apple Valley, Lancaster and get the same kind of results that you posted. Voting for or against Prop 8 had more to do with social class, education level and general intelligence of the voters.
And this is what I referred to in an earlier post regarding the racism/bigotry that comes from the gay community.

FYI, the cities that I listed are not "immigrant" communities considering the fact that these were registered voters.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:10 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,969,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And this is what I referred to in an earlier post regarding the racism/bigotry that comes from the gay community.

FYI, the cities that I listed are not "immigrant" communities considering the fact that these were registered voters.
What racism/bigotry are you referring to? those are most certainly "immigrant" communities. They are majority first and second generation mexican-americans. Those communities were the ones that were rioting at the passage of Prop 187 back in 1994. An immigrant eventually becomes a citizen who can register to vote.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,127,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
As a Christian, being against the act of homosexuality does not make me a bigot. That's part of the cunning part of their agenda...to twist and distort, and label anti-homosexuality people (90% of America) as 'bigots'...and that's a lie. Herman Cain is exactly right...don't be afraid of 'Politically Correct' crowd, but speak out!!

i'm a christian and i'm gay. why would you be any more against the 'act' of homosexuality than heterosexuality? and since people don't choose to be gay.. what type of 'act' do you think they should do?

i'm a 34 year old gay virgin? are you a virgin? if not than i'm more sexually pure than you.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,244,950 times
Black people don't have a "duty" to jump on the gay rights train and gay people don't have a "duty" to stand up against racism and so on but I am sick and tired of minorities competing with each other instead of teaming up because it just seems so much more logical to break walls down rather than to put them up. Yes, there is racism in the gay community, and yes, there is homophobia in the black community, but it's not everyone so why can't the people who aren't either just realize that and try to talk to their gay/black brothers and sisters? That's what I don't understand. Discrimination is wrong, period, no matter who it's happening to and no matter how severe or frequent it is. The whole argument that "blacks had it worse" is useless for battling discrimination today. Yes it's true that blacks were enslaved and gays were never persecuted that severely (in the U.S.) but how does that help us now? Now we should just all work together to end discrimination--everyone--regardless of race or sexual orientation or whatever else. I believe people who know it's wrong should work together instead of picking fights.

Just because other people pick fights doesn't make it right, especially if you already realize that gay people have as much of a choice being gay as black people have a choice being black. Even if you are personally against same-sex marriage or homosexuality or interracial marriage etc., you can still stand up against discrimination. Just because you disagree with a way of living doesn't justify discriminating against a person, so regardless of all of our personal beliefs in regards to being gay, we should all just stand up for ending discrimination, period. Black people and gay people don't have to give up their roots in order to be allies. They can be who they are and still stand up against discrimination alone.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 11-21-2011 at 08:40 AM..

Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,044,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
but I am sick and tired of minorities competing with each other instead of teaming up
Team up against who? The evil white people? Why can't everyone, whites, blacks, asians, gays, etc. team up? I'm sick of the "us vs. them" mentality, we're all human and all on the same side, right?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Team up against who? The evil white people? Why can't everyone, whites, blacks, asians, gays, etc. team up? I'm sick of the "us vs. them" mentality, we're all human and all on the same side, right?
Did you read my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky
Now we should just all work together to end discrimination--everyone--regardless of race or sexual orientation or whatever else. I believe people who know it's wrong should work together instead of picking fights.
No. Teaming up against discrimination. Why do people think I mean "white people" when I say discrimination? Where does it say anything about "the evil white people"? Not all white people discriminate and not all minorities don't discriminate. But the people who do not discriminate, regardless of race or sexual orientation, should speak up when they see discrimination happening, regardless of who is doing it and why it is happening. Standing up against discrimination is how we show that we are all on the same side. Discriminating against others, regardless of who is doing it and who is receiving it, is putting up walls and creating "sides".

Old 11-21-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Did you read my post?
Yes I did, you didn't have that 2nd paragraph when I responded.

Quote:
No. Teaming up against discrimination. Why do people think I mean "white people" when I say discrimination? Where does it say anything about "the evil white people"? Not all white people discriminate and not all minorities don't discriminate. But the people who do not discriminate, regardless of race or sexual orientation, should speak up when they see discrimination happening, regardless of who is doing it and why it is happening. Standing up against discrimination is how we show that we are all on the same side. Discriminating against others, regardless of who is doing it and who is receiving it, is putting up walls and creating "sides".
Your post indicated you thought minorities should team up against discrimination, hence the reasoning for my comment.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Yes I did, you didn't have that 2nd paragraph when I responded.

Your post indicated you thought minorities should team up against discrimination, hence the reasoning for my comment.
No it didn't, cause as I clearly pointed out, I specified everyone standing up against discrimination, and secondly, that was in the first paragraph, not the second.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
No it didn't, cause as I clearly pointed out, I specified everyone standing up against discrimination, and secondly, that was in the first paragraph, not the second.
I stand corrected, it was the last sentence in the 1st paragraph.

However I think when you're saying:
Quote:
"Now we should just all work together to end discrimination--everyone--regardless of race or sexual orientation or whatever else.
and also saying:
Quote:
but I am sick and tired of minorities competing with each other instead of teaming up
you should be able to see how one could be confused. If minorities are teaming up, then who are they teaming up against? To me that would be against the majority, aka "white people", but if I interpreted you words incorrectly and that's not what you believe I apologize.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I stand corrected, it was the last sentence in the 1st paragraph.

However I think when you're saying:

and also saying: you should be able to see how one could be confused. If minorities are teaming up, then who are they teaming up against? To me that would be against the majority, aka "white people", but if I interpreted you words incorrectly and that's not what you believe I apologize.
They're teaming up against discrimination. I think white people and other majorities obviously should too, but sometimes (not always, sometimes) people who have never felt discrimination are blind to it so they don't know how to stand up against something they don't even know. And of course, before anyone totally lashes out on me again, I'm not saying white people are never discriminated against either. But there are some white people that live in towns where they pretty much never have felt the sting of discrimination, and I do think it would be hard for those particular people to stand up for something they've never experienced. There are plenty of white people who have experienced discrimination, whether it's cause they're white or because they fit into some other minority, or because they are a minority where they live, etc. and I think those white people do have the ability to stand up against discrimination cause they know what it's like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or