Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Dr Scott Livley's Abiding Truth Ministries is classified as a hate group...Lively has called for the criminalization of "the public advocacy of homosexuality" as far back as 2007. He is also directly linked to pending Anti-Gay Legislation in Uganda that would, if passed, make homosexuality punishable by a lengthy prison sentence or even death.

His so called ministry is not one to be admired...
I don't agree with many things that Obama stands for and is working toward but if I make a threat against him by throwing rocks with messages attached I am considered a criminal. Why is it that this is the way things are? Threatening that Lively man is very little different than threatening a government official, in my estimation. Surely throwing bricks and rocks through windows with threatening notes is not considered good form, even in any part of our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 12:07 PM

679 posts, read 660,891 times
Yet another quality thread by roysoldboy...

If you hadn't figured out yet, the man was threatened due to his rough stance on homosexuality not because he was Christian. That makes entire point invalid because it is stated the police are investigating into it.

But than again judging by this thread you seem far to bigotted to use any form of logic to just see how completely stupid this entire thread is, so by all means carry on. This is funny enough already.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't agree with many things that Obama stands for and is working toward but if I make a threat against him by throwing rocks with messages attached I am considered a criminal. Why is it that this is the way things are? Threatening that Lively man is very little different than threatening a government official, in my estimation. Surely throwing bricks and rocks through windows with threatening notes is not considered good form, even in any part of our society.
Yeah except Obama isn't pushing bigotted social legislation and the police ARE INVESTIGATING so I do not see why all the butthurt right?

Are you even looking at these arguements you are trying to make? There is no(or very poor) correlation.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
I am aligning myself with nobody by posting that article. I do wonder why the only part of it that some people want to talk about is the story about the threat on one man's life. I don't really care who he is or what he is, I just don't hold with threats on the lives of anyone.
You are being disingenuous. People are threatened every day for any number of reasons, you can google hundreds of articles a day on It. But YOU chose to post this article, and YOU chose to represent it as discrimatory against Christians, so don't think that we are all so stupid as to believe all of a sudden that this is only being driven by "I just don't hold with threats on the lives of anyone." You were trying to make a point and you failed, anybody with the slightest ability to think critically can see this has nothing to do with Christianity. It's about hate, pure and simple. Hate reacting to hate.

You are out of your depth, sir.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:03 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Roy, I can't believe even you would advocate for a fetid person like Scott Lively...who helped craft laws in Uganda for the criminalization of being gay (including the death sentence). They are investigating it like any other crime. I am not sure how that is a double standard, unless you want them to go out and prosecute every gay near the scene for the crime just being what they are.

He was not targeted for his faith, he was targeted (very obviously) because he wants to throw every gay person in jail for their natural lives for being gay.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
The other day you posted on another Thread...that you were having a rough time. It's easy to see how someone who says such vile things about "Christian Fundamentalism'' would have a Hard Time!! God controls your very next breath, Remember that!
God controls my breath? God kinda sounds like BIG GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:31 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
What if you are on an asthma inhaler or something like that? Is that God controlling it or the makers of the inhaler?

Old 11-20-2011, 04:33 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Roy, people like you whine and moan because increasingly, you no longer get special rights in the U.S. That's what this is really about. No special rights for Christains.
I wish I could rep for this!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What if you are on an asthma inhaler or something like that? Is that God controlling it or the makers of the inhaler?
What if another God controls that God?

Old 11-20-2011, 04:45 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
How can an atheist like you say something like that without including a smiley to show how you really meant what you said?
Sorry you disapprove of the smiley in my post. But your disapproval doesn't dim the message.

Quote:
We both know why but maybe you should just answer the question to make sure that I am wrong.
Of course we both know why...

Because Christians have it so rough in America these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies