Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:55 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,168,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Spoiler
Can we put smelly people in the back of the plane too?
Old people who insist on taking more room than what is theirs? How about incessant talkers? Drunkies?
What do you mean... Old people ??? How is it old people take more room???

I met a perfectly nice young couple on a train from Barcelona to Madrid. They had settled in seats that included my ticket assigned seat. On approaching them they told me to go sit somewhere else. I certainly did NOT attribute their disrespect to being OLD.

And I don't usually see ...old... people carrying diaper bags and toys and other whatnot for the maintenance of children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,753,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Can we put smelly people in the back of the plane too? Old people who insist on taking more room than what is theirs? How about incessant talkers? Drunkies?
Old people smell?? As if young and middle aged people don't have a hygiene problem. A dirty diaper is considerably offensive unless one is immune to the stink. How is it that old people take up more space? I've seen people who don't fall in the "old people" category overlap their seats. One of the reasons I fly business so I don't have some fat clammy arm pressed up against me. An incessant talker is easy to deal with: just put the head phones on. Drunks are handled by the flight attendants. They can be addressed.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,889,963 times
Nothing worse then the parents who use their "kids" as a means to pre-board the plane. Unless you got like 4 kids under 3, there is no reason for your worthless rear end to pre-board. It's just another excuse for others to game the system to avoid waiting to board like everyone else.

I HATE flying these days.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:22 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,000,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The way kids are raised today those airlines need to put soundproof walls around the back of that plane. Johnny can throw a tantrum with no fear of retribution from Mom or Dad.
The days of the quiet child are long gone.
Nah, kids have always been bratty. It's just not something about how they're raised today.

That aside, you're right.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:25 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,212,526 times
Please bump this when someone comes up with the list of airlines utilizing this policy. I will offer them my business.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,996,121 times
I've got a new logic about planes and all the inconvenience that goes with them.
If i cant drive my car to the destination then i dont really need to go there.
May not work for every one but it works for me,,

Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,193,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah, kids have always been bratty. It's just not something about how they're raised today.

That aside, you're right.
Agreed. I rememer one time, a few decades ago now, when a friend and I took our almost 3 year olds to a McDonald's after having taken them to "Disney on Ice". Needless to say, the kids were wound up from having sat still for so long, and they were being a but rambunctious (sp?). Two eldery women started talking about how these little girls were headed for a life of crime (at best). When I told my mom about this she said, kids don't behave any worse than they ever did, it's just that people used to not take them out so much. After years of parenting and working in pediatrics, I agree.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:33 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,753,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Nothing worse then the parents who use their "kids" as a means to pre-board the plane. Unless you got like 4 kids under 3, there is no reason for your worthless rear end to pre-board. It's just another excuse for others to game the system to avoid waiting to board like everyone else.

I HATE flying these days.
It seems that's another "privilege" that is being stopped because they clog the aisles getting themselves sorted out with the kids, the toys the baggage they bring along. If anything they should board last and then they can take their time getting settled in.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:34 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,901,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed. I rememer one time, a few decades ago now, when a friend and I took our almost 3 year olds to a McDonald's after having taken them to "Disney on Ice". Needless to say, the kids were wound up from having sat still for so long, and they were being a but rambunctious (sp?). Two eldery women started talking about how these little girls were headed for a life of crime (at best). When I told my mom about this she said, kids don't behave any worse than they ever did, it's just that people used to not take them out so much. After years of parenting and working in pediatrics, I agree.

Other people's kids used to bother me until I had kids of my own. Now, not so much.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 AM

932 posts, read 1,172,262 times
As I fly a lot myself, I'd also like to know the name of the airline so that I can give them my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies