Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 06:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The article identifies her as an unemployed cosmetologist... which I assume is what she identified herself as... and I seriously doubt she would ever employee people in her lifetime...
I know quite a few people who look similar to her who own businesses and employ people. Salon owners, tattoo shop owners, boutique owners etc. and they're all extremely smart and personable. I usually go out of my way to give my business to businesses that employ interesting people.

I suppose I just enjoy being around people who aren't boring.. People who wear suits and have plain brown hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 06:36 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know quite a few people who look similar to her who own businesses and employ people. Salon owners, tattoo shop owners, boutique owners etc. and they're all extremely smart and personable. I usually go out of my way to give my business to businesses that employ interesting people.

I suppose I just enjoy being around people who aren't boring.. People who wear suits and have plain brown hair.
And what is wrong with looking boring?

It is hard to take people with a million tattoos and piercings seriously... and PINK hair?

My sister has 12 tattoos and 6 piercings! She is almost 30 and was only able to find a dead end job not too long ago.

Your appearance is how you present yourself to the world; it is how people will see you. Ever heard of first impression? If appearances didn't matter, do you think companies would spend so much time making labels, and packages look appealing to consumers?

Looks DO matter...as well as the manner in which you carry yourself! It is hard to take someone with visible tattoos all over their bodies, a crazy coloured hair and piercing seriously.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:43 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
If tats and whatnot were acceptable in the business world, then why are employees asked to have them covered in the workplace? My employer does not allow for visible tattoos or facial piercings during business hours and there is a reason for that. Figure out what that reason is.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
"I’m here to overthrow global capitalism."

I see a bottle of water in his backpack as well as a DC shoe brand right next to him. Anyway, how do you plan to overthrow capitalism again?

"I’m here to support the entire cause for a better place for humanity, a better generation, because right now we’re fvcked."

And how is Occupy XYZ helping that?

"I feel like I don’t have a voice in this country, and it’s because I don’t have enough money."

LOL. I guess voting is not having a voice? Well maybe he should move to Iran and see what NOT having a voice feels like!

"I can’t sit idly by, and watch TV, and act like my damn house isn’t underwater, act like my daughter didn’t get laid off, act like I’m not scared my way of life is disappearing."

So being out in the streets is going to solve all of your problems? It is going to make a job magically appear? Interesting!

"I’m down here to fight for freedom and equality."

For who?

"I’m here because there are many ways the bank bailouts affected my life and the lives of people I know, and I believe in standing up for all of us."

Like how? Give me an example.

"Our economic system functions very unfairly, and I’d like it to change. I’d like corporations and the rich to pay their fair share."

How about getting a job and becoming a member of society (not talking about her specifically). Is that too much to ask?! Or do you want the rich to always give you a free ride?

"The government doesn’t care about disabled veterans, helping us after what they do to us."

Well, you have the VA, the GI Bill, the Chapter 33 which gives you a monthly allowance for up to 3 years and a "free" education as well as $500 every semester for books. You can get $ 2754.00 (if you live in NYC .. - the amount is based on your zip code and cost of living) a month as long as you go to school full-time (or 3/4 which prorates the amount)...on top of your DISABILITY which you will get for the rest of your life and will increase when you get married.

(so if this guy is at 30% disability, he can get about $3200 a month TAX FREE... I guess that is not enough?)

"I came here to hold the government accountable for their actions. It’s time someone holds them accountable. And they’re going to listen to me. They’re going to answer to me."

I like how vague you are. What have they done to YOU specifically?

"I talk to people every day going through financial problems. I’ve been on the frontlines. I see what people go through."

And you want a government who is UNABLE to curb their OWN spending to help you? LOL
This should be a talking-point document for anyone that debates an Occu-pooer. Or maybe you, KickAssArmyChick, should go to an Occu-poo camp and say this in person? If it was filmed and placed here and on YouTube, that would be great!! I'd bet it would go viral!!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
This should be a talking-point document for anyone that debates an Occu-pooer. Or maybe you, KickAssArmyChick, should go to an Occu-poo camp and say this in person? If it was filmed and placed here and on YouTube, that would be great!! I'd bet it would go viral!!
They would probably tell me to F off! LOL

Old 11-20-2011, 06:53 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,947 times
Quote:
And what is wrong with looking boring?

It is hard to take people with a million tattoos and piercings seriously... and PINK hair?

My sister has 12 tattoos and 6 piercings! She is almost 30 and was only able to find a dead end job not too long ago.

Your appearance is how you present yourself to the world; it is how people will see you. Ever heard of first impression? If appearances didn't matter, do you think companies would spend so much time making labels, and packages look appealing to consumers?

Looks DO matter...as well as the manner in which you carry yourself! It is hard to take someone with visible tattoos all over their bodies, a crazy coloured hair and piercing seriously.
KickAss- come on, no one's ever regretted a tattoo, ever, in the history of this planet.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,670 times
Quote:
They would probably tell me to F off! LOL
I think that is one of their talking-points!!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post

They don't even know what they are fighting for.

They are vague.

And hypocrites.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:00 PM

267 posts, read 175,579 times
kickass army, i so enjoy your posts and right on!
OWS are mostly homeless ,illegals, neer do well's, and thugs. They need to take all the young men of age and put them in the military and then send them to a muslim country.
They will kiss the ground of the USA, if they haven't destroyed the USA by that time.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
"I’m here to overthrow global capitalism."

I see a bottle of water in his backpack as well as a DC shoe brand right next to him. Anyway, how do you plan to overthrow capitalism again?

"I’m here to support the entire cause for a better place for humanity, a better generation, because right now we’re fvcked."

And how is Occupy XYZ helping that?

"I feel like I don’t have a voice in this country, and it’s because I don’t have enough money."

LOL. I guess voting is not having a voice? Well maybe he should move to Iran and see what NOT having a voice feels like!

"I can’t sit idly by, and watch TV, and act like my damn house isn’t underwater, act like my daughter didn’t get laid off, act like I’m not scared my way of life is disappearing."

So being out in the streets is going to solve all of your problems? It is going to make a job magically appear? Interesting!

"I’m down here to fight for freedom and equality."

For who?

"I’m here because there are many ways the bank bailouts affected my life and the lives of people I know, and I believe in standing up for all of us."

Like how? Give me an example.

"Our economic system functions very unfairly, and I’d like it to change. I’d like corporations and the rich to pay their fair share."

How about getting a job and becoming a member of society (not talking about her specifically). Is that too much to ask?! Or do you want the rich to always give you a free ride?

"The government doesn’t care about disabled veterans, helping us after what they do to us."

Well, you have the VA, the GI Bill, the Chapter 33 which gives you a monthly allowance for up to 3 years and a "free" education as well as $500 every semester for books. You can get $ 2754.00 (if you live in NYC .. - the amount is based on your zip code and cost of living) a month as long as you go to school full-time (or 3/4 which prorates the amount)...on top of your DISABILITY which you will get for the rest of your life and will increase when you get married.

(so if this guy is at 30% disability, he can get about $3200 a month TAX FREE... I guess that is not enough?)

"I came here to hold the government accountable for their actions. It’s time someone holds them accountable. And they’re going to listen to me. They’re going to answer to me."

I like how vague you are. What have they done to YOU specifically?

"I talk to people every day going through financial problems. I’ve been on the frontlines. I see what people go through."

And you want a government who is UNABLE to curb their OWN spending to help you? LOL
My favorite among your quotes is the one about freedom and equality. The equality they want is equality of condition which would make all of us equal to all others. I bet that one has no idea about equality of opportunity which is the kind that capitalism tries to provide. Equality of opportunity is the only kind I can live with and it doesn't have anything to do with redistribution of wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies