Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Very true. I cashiered at a SuperAmerica one year during college (late 70s) in a large city. The shoplifters came in groups. Since the manager was asleep in the office with a hangover all the time, all I could do was watch them go.

To make this a partisan issue by some on this thread is idiotic.
Of course it's a partisan issue. You can go into denial, but race relations in this country is nothing if not political. Why do incidents like this go on? It's got nothing to do with skin tone or genetics--do we agreee on this???

It goes back to centuries of cultural and political history, but what is now stopping us from changing it is the structure of our politics. Can you explain why the media isn't putting stuff like this on the front page?

Check out Bill Cosby's famous "Pound Cake" speech.
http://www.cbn.com/media/player/inde...od/EGR136v1_WS

Note that he did not deliver it to a church or professional gathering, or a popular TV venue. He delivered it to the NAACP, a political organization, in fact the go to organization when it comes to race politics in America. Can you explain why he did that.

Check out the book by Juan Williams, "Enough" sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Riots at 7-11 are black kids.

Riots on college campuses are white kids.

It's not rocket science.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Mr Smith, Mr Wesson and their 15 brothers and cousins, along with the 2 extra clips with 30 members of friends and family would be willing to trade off my years of expert shot awards vs their fearful return fire.

PS, I don't do sucking chest wounds, I use Glasers, federal hydroshock, and magnum rounds in 3 round groups. They won't have a chest when I am done.
Whoa, internet tough guy!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
No this is not what happens when poverty rises. Show me where during the great depression this happened?

This happens when people don't learn responsibility for their actions, and respect for others. A three round shot group in the body center of mass is a good instruction.

dude there was only 1.2 billion people on the planet around that time,, the planets populus just hit 7 billion.!!!! believe me it's caused by poverty.. just look at all the crap that goes on in an impoverished country.." all the good stuff".. tons of corruption, hunger, theft, gangs and war lords,rape, environmetal degradation you name it.!!! the news i get nowdays in this country is souning like a third world.. people need to wake the hell up, and stop all this massive immigration into the usa.. you think it's bad now?? just wait another 10 to 15 years..

Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Heh! MORE 'conservative' scumbags attacking conservative media for reporting facts that are less than flattering??? Katie Couric ruined Palin asking straightforward questions!

But we ALL know what race they are before we ever see evidence. These "real" Americans are uninterested in being American at all. Philosophically they're identical to the looters. Whom is leading whom there???

Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is anyone surprised that they're all Black?
Not one bit surprised...

Old 11-22-2011, 04:23 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
As nasty as this incident was, I find the reactions on here shocking.

First of all, so many people are acting as if this type of thing never happened until Obama became President. WRONG. Heck, in my white, middle class neighborhood in the 50's there was a gang that not only terrorized the schoolyard, but was known for doing precisely what these kids did. It's a Mob mentality - not confined to black or white, to liberal or conservative. And I am sure it was going on LONG before the 50's. But since I cited the 50's mob as one I knew of personally, can we blame Eisenhower & his views for this? Of Course Not.

Even more disturbing to me is how many people can speak so cavalierly about putting a bullet into some kid's chest for stealing some candy or a drink or whatever from a convenience store. Do you think that little of LIFE that you'd kill someone for stealing? I'll be that 98% of the people wanting to shoot these kids call themselves PRO LIFE.

RIDICULOUS! These kids should be arrested, made to pay damages, even given some jail time, but Shot? Capital punishment for stealing a bottle of Snapple. WOW!

Old 11-22-2011, 04:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
As nasty as this incident was, I find the reactions on here shocking.

First of all, so many people are acting as if this type of thing never happened until Obama became President. WRONG. Heck, in my white, middle class neighborhood in the 50's there was a gang that not only terrorized the schoolyard, but was known for doing precisely what these kids did. It's a Mob mentality - not confined to black or white, to liberal or conservative. And I am sure it was going on LONG before the 50's. But since I cited the 50's mob as one I knew of personally, can we blame Eisenhower & his views for this? Of Course Not.

Even more disturbing to me is how many people can speak so cavalierly about putting a bullet into some kid's chest for stealing some candy or a drink or whatever from a convenience store. Do you think that little of LIFE that you'd kill someone for stealing? I'll be that 98% of the people wanting to shoot these kids call themselves PRO LIFE.

RIDICULOUS! These kids should be arrested, made to pay damages, even given some jail time, but Shot? Capital punishment for stealing a bottle of Snapple. WOW!
You're a liberal from New York, right? Why should we think you'd have a different opinion of guns and black thieves when Liberalism has a lengthy record of despising one and coddling the other?

Old 11-22-2011, 04:43 PM

521 posts, read 467,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're a liberal from New York, right? Why should we think you'd have a different opinion of guns and black thieves when Liberalism has a lengthy record of despising one and coddling the other?
hahah so true.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Can this somehow be psychologically correlated to the effect a group has on an individual when something bad happens. IE: no one helps out because they think someone else will.. ? So in this case they all did a bad thing because someone else was doing it and they figured it wouldn't draw attention to them directly?

group mentality or a prank just to see what, if anything, would happen. I'm surprised they only had cameras. I know some stores have managers behind the double mirrors so they can call the police and have them arrested. Had this store had this they could have locked the doors, close up at least temporarily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies