Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would consider Huntsman as well. I have voted Republican before. If there was an Eisenhower Republican running, I would vote for them as well.
Eisenhower was on my mind as well. I don't agree with many of his stances but I respect the man. He would be someone I'd be proud to call my president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:01 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There is nothing that would stop them.....

They are like sheep.

Baaahhhh....Bush tax cuts for the rich.....baahhhh

Baaahhhh....obama saved us fro the brink of depression....baaahhhh

Baaahhhh....obama's stimulus was good....baaahhhhh

Baaaahhh....obabamacare is goooood....baaahhhh

Baaaahhhhhhhh...........

Aerosmith - Same Old Song And Dance (Lyrics) - YouTube

Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
First, like some other have said there would have to be a good GOP candidate.
Second, it would probably have to be someone who didn't appeal to the immature GOP posters here.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:34 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
A Republican worth voting for.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
If we are pulling the Cryogenics card, can I nominate Teddy Roosevelt?
That's the same thing i said earlier on the thread. They'd better get real good in cryogenics and nominate T.R. or Ike...

Other than that, no way am i voting for any of the present lames.

Funny how they never respond to that...because there doesn't exist that type of Republican anymore and they know it.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
I respectfully disagree with this.
To vote just for the sake of voting is a mockery of the system. I will vote when there is a candidate I feel is worth voting for. Regarding direction, there is only a minute difference between Obama and most of the Republicans. He is more similar to Bush than he is to Clinton.
Minute differences is all you get, sometimes. But any difference is a difference. Situations grow from small differences.

A couple of good examples: The Tea Parties in 2009 all started small. So did the OWS movement. It took months before either hit the public radar. Both are now affecting politics and how folks think.

Sitting out an election only gives someone else twice the power in their vote- yours and theirs. But you don't get to decide how that other person will vote if you sit out.

Also, sitting an election out will ensure that your party will get more of the candidates you don't like in the future. A large turnout is more representative of all positions, and a low turnout emphasizes the extreme positions. An overwhelming majority of extremists is the way to the death of a Democracy.

I would rather have a President any day than a Dictator. Freedom does not always offer easy choices.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:19 AM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Technically, I'm on the right. I could vote for Huntsman or Romney, if he actually campaigned on what he believes, or Gary Johnson. The rest of the GOP field is a joke.
Interesting you would vote for the rinos in the race the milk toast of the left that saundered over into the republican party.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:21 AM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's the same thing i said earlier on the thread. They'd better get real good in cryogenics and nominate T.R. or Ike...

Other than that, no way am i voting for any of the present lames.

Funny how they never respond to that...because there doesn't exist that type of Republican anymore and they know it.
My neighbors dog spot would be better than this hateful little racist Obama so what is the probl;em? By his own admission he didn't trust his own white mother. by his own admission he prefers muslims. What is it that you people need to see what this guy is on the inside? Are you totally brain dead?

Old 11-24-2011, 12:41 AM

446 posts, read 649,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
for you to NOT VOTE for Obama again?

Currently we have

9.1% unemployment
$15 trillion in debt
$1.3 trillion in annual deficits
unfunded social programs
no hope in sight for the economy

So what type of further policy failure would it take to NOT VOTE for Obama?

20% unemployment?
debt at $25 trillion?
$4 trillion in annual deficits?
anarchy on the streets?
lack of job for yourself?
additional wars?
additional major scandals?
Can't speak for any other liberals, but I'm fed up with him, myself, and will be neutral this upcoming election. He is much, much too moderate for my tastes.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:19 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Eisenhower was on my mind as well. I don't agree with many of his stances but I respect the man. He would be someone I'd be proud to call my president.
Huntsman is the closest thing to an Eisenhower Republican in the race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies