Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
[Katiana;21886362]^^Oh, come on now!

First of all, while parents talk a good game about wanting to protect their children, many of them do the things on your "you probably think" list, and still think they're good parents.
^^Comprehension malfunction.

Quote:
It's hard to lose a 'good' pregnancy. There is no reason a pregnant woman shouldn't attend a political protest, any more than she should not continue working as governor of Alaska until her water breaks.
Why put any pregnancy to the test?

If that's the case women who have "good" pregnancies can skydive, go horseback riding, run a marathon, ride the white water rapids, and if they are in Alaska, go skiing, and if their water breaks during any of those activities go straight to the hospital to deliver.

So you see no possible risk involved in spite of the fact that there is documented proof of outbreaks of violence at other protests and the possibility that there could be other outbreaks of violence at another protest. Anyone in their right mind would stop and think about such a possibility, especially if you are concerned about the unborn child.

Comparing someone working where there is probably no risk under normal circumstances, to someone pregnant attending a political protest where there is the possibility of violence, is hardly on the same level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
I also think it's absolutely disgusting that the "conservatives" on this forum, or anyone for that matter, are being so childish as to judge a person by their looks and then make fun of them for it. It's completely wrong to judge a persons intelligence based on their looks or attractiveness. It's classless and tasteless and tells us more about your true thoughts than any well thought out and intelligent responses you could post. You all should be ashamed of yourselves for behaving this way.
Gawdamighty what a vigorous on a group of messengers!!!! Did you have to sit in planning stage before you got that one off?

Do you really believe that the girl was pregnant? I don't, but maybe someone will steal her medical records of that day and prove her right. It will take stealing since she and her Occupy buddies don't intend to let the world know the truth,

Old 11-28-2011, 11:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
^^Comprehension malfunction.

Why put any pregnancy to the test?

If that's the case women who have "good" pregnancies can skydive, go horseback riding, run a marathon, ride the white water rapids, and if they are in Alaska, go skiing, and if their water breaks during any of those activities go straight to the hospital to deliver.

So you see no possible risk involved in spite of the fact that there is documented proof of outbreaks of violence at other protests and the possibility that there could be other outbreaks of violence at another protest. Anyone in their right mind would stop and think about such a possibility, especially if you are concerned about the unborn child.

Comparing someone working where there is probably no risk under normal circumstances, to someone pregnant attending a political protest where there is the possibility of violence, is hardly on the same level.
What's a pregnant woman supposed to do? Go to bed for nine months?

You RWs have Sarah P. as your role model, she flew to TX in her 8th month with a known Down Syndrome child; her water broke IN TEXAS, and she flew home to Alaska to deliver this preemie baby. People make stupid decisions when they're pregnant. Well, maybe YOU never did, but you'd probably be the first.

You are putting words in my mouth about skydiving, etc, but I do not see any problem with attending a political protest while 3 months pregnant, no.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Mental illness does cause people to lie. No it is not a free pass.
Is your forehead in any pain after all that smiley writing? I hope so.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Does it bother you just as much when Progessives zero in on the appearance of Walmart shoppers and fat Southerners when their having their self- righteous moments?

Hate to burst your ideoligical bubble but on on this subject that knife cuts both ways.
You caught one of them and none of the others stomp in to deflect any of their crap at you. Great return post, doc. It got you one rep point.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:36 PM

250 posts, read 379,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Does it bother you just as much when Progessives zero in on the appearance of Walmart shoppers and fat Southerners when their having their self- righteous moments?

Hate to burst your ideoligical bubble but on on this subject that knife cuts both ways.
Yes, it disgusts me when "Progressives" do the same thing. This kind of behavior is disgusting no matter who it comes from. Did I not make that clear?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 PM

250 posts, read 379,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Gawdamighty what a vigorous on a group of messengers!!!! Did you have to sit in planning stage before you got that one off?

Do you really believe that the girl was pregnant? I don't, but maybe someone will steal her medical records of that day and prove her right. It will take stealing since she and her Occupy buddies don't intend to let the world know the truth,
What I believe about the protester in question is irrelevant to my disgust at your behavior. But since you asked, no I don't think she was pregnant. I also think she if full of s***. That is why I posted the link in the post directly above the one you quoted. I thought it pointed some of that out.

The fact that you mock a persons intelligence based on how attractive you find them is utterly ridiculous. When you spend time making fun of the way she looks it detracts from any intelligent argument you may have had, because you now look like a child. Your behavior is petty.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:04 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What's a pregnant woman supposed to do? Go to bed for nine months?

You RWs have Sarah P. as your role model, she flew to TX in her 8th month with a known Down Syndrome child; her water broke IN TEXAS, and she flew home to Alaska to deliver this preemie baby. People make stupid decisions when they're pregnant. Well, maybe YOU never did, but you'd probably be the first.

You are putting words in my mouth about skydiving, etc, but I do not see any problem with attending a political protest while 3 months pregnant, no.
Oh lord. Sarah Palin as a role model??? Not in my world I can tell ya.

Please stop going to extremes - going to bed for nine months? Being pregnant doesn't mean making drastic changes to one's life, but should alter the way one thinks in that what you wouldn't normally think about doing when not pregnant, such as climbing a ladder to hang curtains, would make one stop and think about the possibility of taking a fall.

I agree SOME people do make stupid decisions when they're pregnant. And those stupid decisions are based on putting themselves first before the child. I would have to say they are in the minority. I had a "good" pregnancy and put my unborn child before myself, as the majority of pregnant women do. It's common knowledge that the first three months of pregnancy are critical.

Clearly we see it differently. I see putting the unborn child first and you see it as being inconsequential.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:33 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
Yes, it disgusts me when "Progressives" do the same thing. This kind of behavior is disgusting no matter who it comes from. Did I not make that clear?
Yes you did. Mea culpa.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Oh lord. Sarah Palin as a role model??? Not in my world I can tell ya.

Please stop going to extremes - going to bed for nine months? Being pregnant doesn't mean making drastic changes to one's life, but should alter the way one thinks in that what you wouldn't normally think about doing when not pregnant, such as climbing a ladder to hang curtains, would make one stop and think about the possibility of taking a fall.

I agree SOME people do make stupid decisions when they're pregnant. And those stupid decisions are based on putting themselves first before the child. I would have to say they are in the minority. I had a "good" pregnancy and put my unborn child before myself, as the majority of pregnant women do. It's common knowledge that the first three months of pregnancy are critical.

Clearly we see it differently. I see putting the unborn child first and you see it as being inconsequential.
To quote St. Ronnie: "There you go again". Did I say that? Show me where? I don't think attending a protest is any more dangerous to a developing fetus than attending a Broncos game, or a concert, or any other large gathering. If it gets dangerous, you get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies