Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 02:49 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times

Advertisements

Actually, No they don't........................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Actually, yes they do. .
As you are so smart, site the law/rule that requires a cop to wrestle with anyone?

All of thoes cops could have been 100lb women.
Should they be required to wrestle with them?
no, No cop is.

The ball is in your court.
Just answer that one question and site your source of law to back up what you say.
As I have with mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 03:04 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post

Actually, No they don't........................

As you are so smart, site the law/rule that requires a cop to wrestle with anyone?

All of thoes cops could have been 100lb women.
Should they be required to wrestle with them?
no, No cop is.

The ball is in your court.
Just answer that one question and site your source of law to back up what you say.
As I have with mine.
Sweetheart, you haven't cited anything about what the officers should be required to do in this circumstance. You've provided a couple of definitions, period. I already cited the case law that found that an officer who used pepper spray on a person who posed no threat due to their seated position on the ground, in spite of them not obeying a lawful police order, was violating that person's 4th amendment rights.

You don't get to just hand-wave away the cite that proves your interpretation wrong, just because you disapprove of the protests.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 PM

FAIL.
You couldn't do it.
I have.
I cited law, California state, fed and constitutional law
and campus policy.

Again, what does the Fourth Amendment--"Search and Seizure" have to do with it?

The Fourth Amendment
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Sweetheart, you haven't cited anything about what the officers should be required to do in this circumstance. You've provided a couple of definitions, period. I already cited the case law that found that an officer who used pepper spray on a person who posed no threat due to their seated position on the ground, in spite of them not obeying a lawful police order, was violating that person's 4th amendment rights."

You don't get to just hand-wave away the cite that proves your interpretation wrong, just because you disapprove of the protests.

Just site the law/rule that requires a cop to wrestle with anyone.

Last edited by snofarmer; 11-26-2011 at 03:23 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 03:42 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Conservatives and OP, you'd be singing the exact same tune if police tried to remove abortion protestors using these tactics off a private practice, right? Right?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:45 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Conservatives and OP, you'd be singing the exact same tune if police tried to remove abortion protestors using these tactics off a private practice, right? Right?
Have you seen anything posted that indicates that is not the case?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:50 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,404 times
Quote:
You haven't been paying attention. That has been addressed already. Abortion protesters are protesting murder, not so-called "income inequality" . Big difference. And besides that, as a pro-lifer, I am against any protests or actions used in protests that break the law and/or encroach on the rights of other. I do not agree with pro-life protesters blocking entry to an abortion clinic, however vile I do find abortion clinics. As long as abortion is legal, that clinic has the right to have customers, just as the pro-life protesters have the right to voice their opinion against it.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 PM

Irregardless of my stance on abortion or political positioning.
As for the abortion protesters in my city at least.
If someone is physically stopped from entering the police quickly step in "blocking access"
The protesters walk around.
They are smarter than the occupiers. (maybe they should go back to school?) This is a big difference in the laws eyes.
They are not sitting with arms locked, chanting or blocking anyone from using the sidewalk and if they do then the police shall step in as required by law.

Pluss they could have a permit for all you know and if they did they would have to do it legally.
I'm not saying you can't protest.
Protest anything you wish.
Just do so legally and at your expense, not at the expense of those around you.

Quote:

Old 11-26-2011, 04:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I think the police were well within the law.
Let's see how you and the police feel when each of those students wins $1 million settlement.

The use of pepper spray on peaceful protesters should be considered torture. And if it's not torture, it's at least an assault.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:24 PM

It doesn't matter how peaceful you are when your breaking the law.
They were still breaking the law.

As for the pepper spray it is far, far removed from torture
or an assault by police in this instance..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Let's see how you and the police feel when each of those students wins $1 million settlement.

The use of pepper spray on peaceful protesters should be considered torture. And if it's not torture, it's at least an assault.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:24 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
You haven't been paying attention. That has been addressed already. Abortion protesters are protesting murder, not so-called "income inequality" . Big difference. And besides that, as a pro-lifer, I am against any protests or actions used in protests that break the law and/or encroach on the rights of other. I do not agree with pro-life protesters blocking entry to an abortion clinic, however vile I do find abortion clinics. As long as abortion is legal, that clinic has the right to have customers, just as the pro-life protesters have the right to voice their opinion against it.
So you don't believe income inequality doesn't cause a host of problems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies