Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

Most frightening thing I ever did was walking, along with other sailors, into an "empty" Vietnamese river side village. Then the shooting started and I did not have time to be frightened. Repeating the above several times. Another was when we were confronted by a crowd of Vietnamese at a warehouse in Saigon after dark. The frightening part was we were completely unarmed!

The only thing frightenes me now is a complete loss of income and being unable to take care of family and friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
One of the scariest things that I have seen have happened to me. When I was 11 years old, I got off of the school bus after school. This is supposedly a middle class subdivision in the outer suburbs of Atlanta. This teenager walks up with this paintball gun. I get scared because he even has it in the first place. He takes the gun and shoots me with it. I'm thinking that I just got shot with a real gun. It hurt like crazy and it scared me because I figured "this isn't suppose to happen".

Old 11-30-2011, 09:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Barack Obama becoming POTUS!

Old 11-30-2011, 09:34 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
I've driven through both Irvington and Newark, New Jersey at nighttime.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
a surprise visit by a divorce lawyer in my driveway serving papers.
for my ex it was a vacuum cleaner.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Well, I'd call you crazy, but I happen to live in a "haunted house" myself and have seen/experienced more than a few strange events, including apparitions, poltergeist activity, unexplainable sounds and so forth. I think there is a natural, scientific explanation for it all, but Science just hasn't progressed that far yet. But I do know *something* is causing it; it's not just a bunch of crazies and liars telling stories.

So either there's plenty of stuff in the universe that is beyond normal human experience (imagine, a bunch of apes on a tiny blue rock who don't actually know all there is to know! ) or we've all been spending way too much time on the forum...
My mom's house has a door between the dining room and the hallway to the other three bedrooms/bathroom that shakes. There is no reason it should shake. Sometimes, it shuts itself.

If I hadn't seen it wth my own eyes - several times- I wouldn't believe if you told it to me. I'd try to explain it away, air currents, etc. Except, there's no air currents. The thing just looks like someone's wailing on it trying to get it open. The handle doesn't turn, though. At least there is that. It's FREAKY.

Oh yeah, sometimes I'd hear footsteps on the roof of the house. My mom said it was probaby squirrels. Yeah, at 1 A,M. it's squirrel fun time? Fying squirrels are nocturnal, the other ones aren't. Squirrels don't sound like footsteps, either. Not unless it's a ~180 lb squirrel.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
My X-mother in law lived in Hondurus near the southern border.

She had five children including a baby girl. (two mouths old)

They had to run one night because men were killing people and burning their homes.

My x-husband was about thirteen at the time.

They hide in the river.

The men were coming....the baby would not stop crying.

So, to save her other children had no choice but, to drown the baby.

We just do not know how good we have it in the USA.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Barack Obama becoming POTUS!
Enough with the cheap shots.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

They had to run one night because men were killing people and burning their homes.

They hide in the river.

That is scary.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

They hide in the river.

First thing I thought of.

Saddest TV Moment: Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies