Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:49 AM

913 posts, read 872,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
We wish you would wait until you are out of the store. Kids get their slobber all over the baskets, and touch the food that we are buying. If that's the only way you can manage them to shop, get a babysitter and leave em at home.
you know that most people who fornicate don't wash their hands before going to the store and getting their discharge all over your precious baskets and yet giving my kid a piece of candy to keep him quiet annoys you? you sound like a really miserable old man with a truly warped perspective on things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 11:55 AM

913 posts, read 872,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Your mind is made up that the police were wrong, so the full video wouldn't matter. If the guy acted as the cop and some witnesses say he did, tough luck. He probably deserves worse than a few stitches and bloody nose just for bringing his grandson to a mob scene.
you are right. my default position used to be that the cops were always right. i have seen way too much abuse of power in my life, the default position is now the opposite. i now make the immediate assumption that they're guilty of brutality until they prove otherwise. that is obviously in my mind though and has no bearing on any of the cases. in real life, most cases of police brutality never see the light of day, and they go on abusing people forever

Old 11-28-2011, 01:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,658,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
you are right. my default position used to be that the cops were always right. i have seen way too much abuse of power in my life, the default position is now the opposite. i now make the immediate assumption that they're guilty of brutality until they prove otherwise. that is obviously in my mind though and has no bearing on any of the cases. in real life, most cases of police brutality never see the light of day, and they go on abusing people forever
I've also been personally abused..not to the extent of barbaric Violence of the subject of this thread...but, I have witnessed ruthless, Vile, mean Cruel Law-breaking cops, more than I would have thought possible...and 'they' i.e. the Corrupt System protects them. Most people I know say, ''Yeah, we are scared to even be pulled over by a cop car....not sure they won't be 'set-up' and/or VIOLATED by a barbaric cop. You're exactly correct, sammbriggs, at this point....the police must prove to us, Society...that they are not Guilty of Brutality and Abuse!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 01:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,658,878 times
Quote:
you know that most people who fornicate don't wash their hands before going to the store and getting their discharge all over your precious baskets and yet giving my kid a piece of candy to keep him quiet annoys you? you sound like a really miserable old man with a truly warped perspective on things
Haha Agreed, except she is a woman!! Had me fooled too!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:10 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Under your theory, you can put on 3 layers in the dressing room, and they can't arrest you until you walk out the store - that can't be right.
Well, it's not so cut and dry, I guess. Putting something under your clothes and on your person equals concealment, and concealment may be enough in a number of jurisdictions to get you arrested and charged, depending on how the law reads. I still don't think concealment automatically means that someone is trying to steal. Someone might pick something up without a shopping cart, see another item and then pick that one up as well. They might put one item in a purse or something like that just to carry it around until they go to the register. Stupid? Maybe so, but I think that criminal intent isn't always clear in a situation like this one. Hiding the game so others of frenzied a-holes on Black Friday don't try to pry it from your hands sounds like it could be a legitimate explanation in this case. Hiding a present from someone could be another. I don't think we can know what someone's true intentions are until they try to leave the store. If they slip past the register and get caught with unpaid merchandise, then that's shoplifting. Obviously, though, some states have different interpretations of what is and isn't evidence of theft.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
Give them your own candy before you go in, or better yet, teach them patience by waiting until you exit the store. You're the parent, teach them something useful.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Well, it's not so cut and dry, I guess. Putting something under your clothes and on your person equals concealment, and concealment may be enough in a number of jurisdictions to get you arrested and charged, depending on how the law reads. I still don't think concealment automatically means that someone is trying to steal. Someone might pick something up without a shopping cart, see another item and then pick that one up as well. They might put one item in a purse or something like that just to carry it around until they go to the register. Stupid? Maybe so, but I think that criminal intent isn't always clear in a situation like this one. Hiding the game so others of frenzied a-holes on Black Friday don't try to pry it from your hands sounds like it could be a legitimate explanation in this case. Hiding a present from someone could be another. I don't think we can know what someone's true intentions are until they try to leave the store. If they slip past the register and get caught with unpaid merchandise, then that's shoplifting. Obviously, though, some states have different interpretations of what is and isn't evidence of theft.
Please quit making excuses. If someone puts something in their purse, or their pants, you can be sure they are shoplifting - if they claim they aren't, they are idiots and should be banned from the store. Don't shop for presents with the person you are hiding the presents from. Like I said, if this doesn't make sense to you, please shop online.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:10 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
And what are you going to do about it OP?? What are any of you in this thread giong to do about it? Moreover what are ANY Americans doing to do about it? Put simply........you'll whack your keyboard endless for hours as an arm chair tough guy but in the end you'll do ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING! And hence nothing will ever change. That is the sad state of affairs in America. Look at most of these police brutality videos. By standers most who are more than able to engage and dare I say it even fight off these cops sit back like children and do nothing. Americans need to grow up! Men need to start acting like men. Our country is being pushed over the edge of the abyss of tyranny and we are all sitting back like pansies limp wristed robots. Fearful of our own comforta and safety and unwilling to engage our police state overlords be them actual police officers or politicians.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
And what are you going to do about it OP?? What are any of you in this thread giong to do about it? Moreover what are ANY Americans doing to do about it? Put simply........you'll whack your keyboard endless for hours as an arm chair tough guy but in the end you'll do ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING! And hence nothing will ever change. That is the sad state of affairs in America. Look at most of these police brutality videos. By standers most who are more than able to engage and dare I say it even fight off these cops sit back like children and do nothing. Americans need to grow up! Men need to start acting like men. Our country is being pushed over the edge of the abyss of tyranny and we are all sitting back like pansies limp wristed robots. Fearful of our own comforta and safety and unwilling to engage our police state overlords be them actual police officers or politicians.
You go tiger, show us how it's done.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:04 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Yeah, I'd feel so much safer with a person like you in charge...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies