Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 08:06 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Its how he plays the game , not just that he wins them.
This professional athlete is so devoted to God he claims he is still a virgin , saving himself for marriage . A better Christian than myself indeed .
I love to watch this guy play , he wins , his team loves him , the fans love him . Yes he is All Jesus All the time , you get used to it.
Some conservatives couldn't give a flip less for Jesus. You are aware that "conservative" and "religious nut" are not synonyms, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I had heard about Tebow but his being on the Denver Broncos made him pretty much fly under my radar. Then I picked up on some hostility being directed against him, more than was usual for a rookie quarterback. Or any quarterback. I also picked up on some support of him, praising him. Not as much as the hostility but still present. Then I researched him and saw the reason... the prayer. Bingo. People were criticizing his playing based on that for the most part and jumping at any chance to bash him. Likewise he was getting praise for the prayer bit. Lost in the shuffle was praise or criticism based on his ability to play, it was just too early to tell one way or the other.
I'm glad he's gotten better and done pretty well, he seems like a breath of fresh air. Kind of like Kurt Warner who came out of nowhere and fulfilled his dream. You have great quarterbacks that are not great people... Ben Rothleseberger, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, and you get tired of the primadonism or bumsmanship. Not to mention all the other players in all the other positions. Personally I don't expect athletes to have to be choir boys, they're paid to play and win. And they're way overpaid so of course most act like clowns.
Good for Denver for playing the guy. They could do a lot worse. He's no Aaron Rogers yet but maybe someday. Or maybe not. Give him a chance. Show some tolerance for the religion thing, you shouldn't be frightened by something thats different.
Kurt Warner, who is also openly Christian, gave Tebow good advise last week.
“You can't help but cheer for a guy like that," former NFL star Kurt Warner said. "But I'd tell him, 'Put down the boldness in regards to the words, and keep living the way you're living. Let your teammates do the talking for you. Let them cheer on your testimony.'
“I know what he's going through, and I know what he wants to accomplish, but I don't want anybody to become calloused toward Tim because they don't understand him, or are not fully aware of who he is. And you're starting to see that a little bit.”

Old 12-05-2011, 08:28 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
I'm a conservative but am not religious at all. I'm a non-practicing Jew. Yet I consider myself a a Tebow fan and LOVE when he starts talking about Jesus...just because I know how angry it get's liberals/the poliically correct. I hope he never stops preaching. He's not considered to be one of the more talented QBs yet he pulls off one miracle win after another...maybe God appreciates his efforts and is on his side. I know the "open minded" liberals will not entertain that thought for one split second.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
Tebow is a winner. He may not be the most talented (as "they" say), but he has an incredible will to win, focus, and grace under pressure.

If you mock this guy; you will lose the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I'm a conservative but am not religious at all. I'm a non-practicing Jew. Yet I consider myself a a Tebow fan and LOVE when he starts talking about Jesus...just because I know how angry it get's liberals/the poliically correct. I hope he never stops preaching. He's not considered to be one of the more talented QBs yet he pulls off one miracle win after another...maybe God appreciates his efforts and is on his side. I know the "open minded" liberals will not entertain that thought for one split second.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:29 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Do you honestly believe that God is worried about the winning record of the Denver Broncos?

I think that God intervening in peoples lives, especially those who openly worship him, happens every day. But I'm having trouble with the idea that God would intervene in a close game so that the Broncos would win.

And I wouldn't call a single victory of Tebow's a "miracle", any more than I would call anyone in the military a "hero".

That said, it is no surprise at all that this team is winning under Tebow, because people will not only rally around someone like him (people will rally around someone who is polarizing WITHOUT TRYING TO BE, especially if that person faces unfair personal attacks, it even worked for Sarah Palin, and she deserved the heat she brought on herself) but he is also inspirational and positive, and those qualities bring out the best in ones teammates.

There are not many people who would openly admit they are rooting AGAINST Tebow. The guy is too likable.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
So you agree Tebow is the driving force to victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Do you honestly believe that God is worried about the winning record of the Denver Broncos?

I think that God intervening in peoples lives, especially those who openly worship him, happens every day. But I'm having trouble with the idea that God would intervene in a close game so that the Broncos would win.

And I wouldn't call a single victory of Tebow's a "miracle", any more than I would call anyone in the military a "hero"

Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
This professional athlete is so devoted to God he claims he is still a virgin , saving himself for marriage . A better Christian than myself indeed .
I love to watch this guy play , he wins , his team loves him , the fans love him . Yes he is All Jesus All the time , you get used to it.

Here are some helpful hints/links to becoming a fan.
Tebow is 4-1 in his five starts this year playing for the Denver Broncos.
Espn coverage of Tebow is Massive for a 2nd year guy .
The GM that drafted Tebow was fired , Elway took a long time to give him a chance to play this year , fans spent their own money putting up billboards " Let Tebow play"
The anti -Tebow broadcasters pepper him with questions like he was GW Bush ! He does very well for him self in every interview . Its not Chris Christie but its good .

CBS reacts to controversial Tebow Super Bowl ad - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN
A big deal was made about Tebow family Super Bowl ad . Left goes nuts ,tries to get ad pulled without first watching it LMAO.
Tebowing
1 page explaining Te bow ing ( Tebow praying on the field )

News Flash: Tim Tebow Loves Jesus :: :: FITSNewsFITSNews
In fact the Denver Broncos quarterback is so open about his faith that it’s beginning to annoy people – like former Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer, whotold a Phoenix radio station earlier this week that he’s had enough of Tebow’s incessant Holy Rolling

Bill Maher Suggests The GOP Nominate Tim Tebow For President (VIDEO) - The Huffington Post

Last Friday comedian Bill Maher suggested the GOP nominate Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow for president in 2012, though it wasn't the most flattering of proposed nominations since Maher is never one to mince words.

"Tim Tebow is so cuckoo for Christianity that he used to write Bible verses in the charcoal under his eyes. Creepy to some, but for redneck America, they couldn't love this guy more if he was sculpted out of bacon," Maher said.

Just before explaining that Tebow was picked by the Broncos despite his inability to throw like a girl ("Naomi Campbell has a more impressive completion rate with cellphones") Maher said that the quarterback's reputation for Tebowing -- a knight-like prayer pose -- would make him right at home among other presidential hopefuls.

I'm a conservative, I enjoy football, and I don't care for Tim Tebow at all. I think he's a total (insert synonym for cat here).

Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,315 times
i like tebow but he isnt why they are winning.

an improved running game and defense is why they are winning.

if i had to pick one player on that team for the reason why they are winning, itd be von miller

Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

God's ways are not our ways, but it would make sense that God would want his ambassador to have success if the success makes him a more efficient ambassador. God wants his followers to spread the news, but the follower has to be careful to not overdo it and drive people away.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:

Here are some helpful hints/links to becoming a fan.
Tebow is 4-1 in his five starts this year playing for the Denver Broncos.
Espn coverage of Tebow is Massive for a 2nd year guy .
The GM that drafted Tebow was fired , Elway took a long time to give him a chance to play this year , fans spent their own money putting up billboards " Let Tebow play"
The anti -Tebow broadcasters pepper him with questions like he was GW Bush ! He does very well for him self in every interview . Its not Chris Christie but its good .

CBS reacts to controversial Tebow Super Bowl ad - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN
A big deal was made about Tebow family Super Bowl ad . Left goes nuts ,tries to get ad pulled without first watching it LMAO.
Tebowing
1 page explaining Te bow ing ( Tebow praying on the field )

News Flash: Tim Tebow Loves Jesus :: :: FITSNewsFITSNews
In fact the Denver Broncos quarterback is so open about his faith that it’s beginning to annoy people – like former Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer, whotold a Phoenix radio station earlier this week that he’s had enough of Tebow’s incessant Holy Rolling

Bill Maher Suggests The GOP Nominate Tim Tebow For President (VIDEO) - The Huffington Post

Last Friday comedian Bill Maher suggested the GOP nominate Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow for president in 2012, though it wasn't the most flattering of proposed nominations since Maher is never one to mince words.

"Tim Tebow is so cuckoo for Christianity that he used to write Bible verses in the charcoal under his eyes. Creepy to some, but for redneck America, they couldn't love this guy more if he was sculpted out of bacon," Maher said.

Just before explaining that Tebow was picked by the Broncos despite his inability to throw like a girl ("Naomi Campbell has a more impressive completion rate with cellphones") Maher said that the quarterback's reputation for Tebowing -- a knight-like prayer pose -- would make him right at home among other presidential hopefuls.
In the long run he will end up as a Backup QB, he does not have the skills required to be a true starter for the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies