Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

And we should listen to Powell cuz his judgement is above reproach.........after all, the only reason he voted for obama was because of the color of his skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Colin Powell threw away his credibility card when he backed Obama, a rank amateur. Have you noticed that Colin Powell has no interest in running for POTUS?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:31 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why are you quoting Powell, I thought you libs claimed he was a token black, Uncle Tom? What next, you going to quote Clarence Thomas?
It is really nice to think that all Liberal, blacks and Hispanics think alike. How can you even remotely assume that Colin Powell is looked at as Clarence Thomas or even Herman Cain? Just by you insinuating such a crazy remark it makes me wonder about how knowledgeable you are regarding politics/racial relations

Old 11-27-2011, 03:32 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Colin Powell threw away his credibility card when he backed Obama, a rank amateur. Have you noticed that Colin Powell has no interest in running for POTUS?
We have for fifteen years, since he first debated running in 1996 and turned it down. (I think it had something to do with his wife) I wouldn't want to be president either.

Conservatives, why do you hate our soldiers who don't vote for YOUR candidates? Why do you feel the need to lie and slander them (or support those that do) when they put their lives on the line for your sorry butts when most of you didn't do it yourself? I think your love for our men and women in uniform is a sham and conditional based on your political views.

Last edited by mackinac81; 11-27-2011 at 03:55 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Colin Powell went after Palin negatively in support of Obama.. now we see that racial affiliation is more important to Powell than party affiliation.
Race has nothing to do with it, Powell is real republican and realizes a fake when he sees one. If Bush was not so afraid of eventually running against him he would not have hired him in the first place. Have you noticed that there is not one legitimate republican running? If Colin Powell ran against President Obama he would win without question. Powell realized the game when he was dealing with the devil and his cohorts so he knows the inner workings of the republican party leaders. FYI, has it ever occurred to you that he may felt that Obama was better to occupy the W.H compared to Palin? Race had nothing to do with it period! Wait and see if Cain gets the nomination (which I doubt) and he says the same things about him, will it still be considered racist?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:44 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Colin Powell threw away his credibility card when he backed Obama, ?
If backing Obama causes one to lose credibility, what does backing Palin, Newt, Cain, Perry , or Bachmann do?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
I thought the Left despised Powell...I sure do remember their RAGE against him when he went to the UN.....Oh, that's right all that was quickly forgotten when he endorsed obama in 2008...based on skin color.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:51 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Powell is right

Powell is absolutely right.

I think Powell and Condoleezza Rice are two Republicans who are far and away superior to any of the current clowns the GOP has running now.

A Powell-Rice ticket or a Rice-Powell ticket would be an incredible GOP ticket for 2012.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I thought the Left despised Powell...I sure do remember their RAGE against him when he went to the UN.....Oh, that's right all that was quickly forgotten when he endorsed obama in 2008...based on skin color.
Deflection.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Oh please drop your BS, I'd vote for Powell for President any day if given the chance. Powell has been attacked just like Rice, they're both treated like rejects by many black Americans who couldn't possibly comprehend a black person not voting for Democrats.
Powell was attacked only for his association with Bush, there was anything that he said or did besides that, Condi in contrast totally forgot that she was black with her remarks such as "her role models were always older white men because there were no black role models for her to follow" screw that tap dancing, tea serving cow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies