Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
indeed. But for a different reason than you (ignorantly) suggest.

Interesting. Since you're in the know please elaborate on the reason. I look forward to it. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 10:35 AM

943 posts, read 782,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the Democrats are abandoning the "white working class," how are they not abandoning black, hispanic, asian, or other working class people? How are white folks with a job any different than any other race with a job?

I mean, how do Dems single out white people for abandonment? Sounds to me like a whole lotta "playing the victim" and "playing the race card" going on here.
Not at all. The way the white working class vote is different than the way black working class people vote.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
How do you define working class??
Anyone whose income comes predominantly in the form of wages, would by my definition.

Other people might define it differently, which I why I asked. You'd think it would be necessary to define "working class" before having the discussion.

Anyway, notice how the OP dodged my question.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:46 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Are these people not "working class" ?

Hell I don't know. I just posted an article from the New York Times.

You know, the "Paper of Record".

Old 11-28-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No.

Anyone whining about some political party abandoning them because of their race is playing the victim and race cards. If blacks complained about abandonment, you'd say the same thing.
Who's whining? I just posted an article from the New York Times.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:50 AM

943 posts, read 782,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Democrats are not really abandoning the white working class but are just including the rest of the working class into their coalition.

I agree. However the democrats have been ignoring working class issues and are becoming more like republicans. So there is a reason for white working class people to leave the party. The only reason why democrats get such a high black voting record is because of civil rights enforcement and the fact that republicans are so openly racist.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,571 times
Quote:
I agree. However the democrats have been ignoring working class issues and are becoming more like republicans. So there is a reason for white working class people to leave the party. The only reason why democrats get such a high black voting record is because of civil rights enforcement and the fact that republicans are so openly racist.
Republicans are so openly racist? LOL

So what do you think of Al Sharpton? Black on White crimes are not a big deal... But the moment the opposite happens, he is one of the first ones to run his mouth.

Racism exists in all walks of life...and don't forget racism against White people too. Or are you one of those who think no such thing exists?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I agree with your contention that the Democratic party, in the guise of the DNC, has been less concerned with the needs of the working class than with the desires of the plutocrats. This disgusting ass kissing started with Bill Clinton as has continued downhill ever since. However the core of the Republican Party is the plutocrats that have bought the economic insurance of owning both parties.

In reality the working class (defined as people working for pay or future retirement because they do not own enough to live off the interest or dividend) needs to start a new party. We need a leader along the lines of and honest Huey Long in the early 1930's. If we organize behind a man with working class experience who will not betray us into the clutches of the plutocrats we will always have enough votes to overcome the propaganda of the few.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
The only reason why democrats get such a high black voting record is because of civil rights enforcement and the fact that republicans are so openly racist.
I think you better return to elementary school and review that civil rights enforcement record again, clearly you failed those years in school.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
civil rights enforcement and the fact that republicans are so openly racist.
Lol. Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies