Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 02:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times

Advertisements

Well as a Canadian I have no comment because we use bats to hunt baby seals to control the population from getting out of hand but a Wooden bat is batter than a aluminum bat for that purpose.

Plus if he is killing it for food then it is not like he is killing it for fun but rather to feed his family since the guy with the bat is not a US or NATO/ISAF soldier because we don't have full length Beards and do not bring our kids with us to a war zone.

I mean sure we could of shot it since it would be an easy job for 5.56mm NATO Round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,326 times
The difference between human animals and "lesser" animals, is that our level of intellectual development allows us to perceive the repercussions and consequences of our actions. In the best of circumstances, this allows us to modify our behavior accordingly. Unfortunately, for many in our species, moral evolution seriously lags behind that intellectual development. The result is the deliberate infliction of pain on other beings...human or not. When you factor-in cultural/religious beliefs which proclaim that the world radiates around our species alone, you get this type of abject cruelty.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Everybody in that room should be forced to watch their spouses and children being beaten to death in the same manner. After that they can begin serving their prison sentences for animal cruelty.

No surprise that these kinds of psychopaths exist in the US military.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:57 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well as a Canadian I have no comment because we use bats to hunt baby seals to control the population from getting out of hand but a Wooden bat is batter than a aluminum bat for that purpose.

Plus if he is killing it for food then it is not like he is killing it for fun but rather to feed his family since the guy with the bat is not a US or NATO/ISAF soldier because we don't have full length Beards and do not bring our kids with us to a war zone.

I mean sure we could of shot it since it would be an easy job for 5.56mm NATO Round.

What does baby seal taste like?

Seems like the 5.56 would be over kill in this instance. I'm thinking a 9mm or 40 to the back of the skull. However then you cant make goat head soup with out all sorts of bone fragments.

Jeez the red diaper doper babies are thick as flies on a dead goat in this thread.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Everybody in that room should be forced to watch their spouses and children being beaten to death in the same manner. After that they can begin serving their prison sentences for animal cruelty.

No surprise that these kinds of psychopaths exist in the US military.
So the innocent spouses and children should be killed? Yeah, that's not an overreaction at all.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:02 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Very true that humans are animals.

Why do you expect more from human animals than other animals then?

As to free will,you can feel any way you want about it....you have the free will to do so.
Well, you would expect more from a chimpanzee than a rat, though they are both animals, wouldn't you? Also I can have discussions with other humans whereas I can't really do that with other animals (except maybe apes trained to communicate with sign language), and (most) humans have a much higher capacity for ethical/moral reasoning than other animals.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So the innocent spouses and children should be killed? Yeah, that's not an overreaction at all.
Overreaction, maybe. Deterrent, most definately. It also serves the useful purpose of keeping this kind of scumbag DNA out of the gene pool.

As an alternative, maybe the soldiers could be used as lab rats to test out new medications or something along those lines. Whatever happens, if there is any justice in the world they will all die slowly in extreme pain.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
I bet they ate it afterward. Or someone did.

Better a sheep than a poor defenseless Iraqui.

Or another US soldier.

Inhumane yes. But nothing compared to what Muslim radicals do every day to US soldiers, and others.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:15 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Overreaction, maybe. Deterrent, most definately. It also serves the useful purpose of keeping this kind of scumbag DNA out of the gene pool.

As an alternative, maybe the soldiers could be used as lab rats to test out new medications or something along those lines. Whatever happens, if there is any justice in the world they will all die slowly in extreme pain.
A deterrent? I doubt it. What do you say of murderers of human beings? Should their families also be put to death for their relative's transgressions?

Folks should die slow painful deaths for killing sheep? I'm sorry, but this is rather extreme. Are you a vegetarian? If not, do you raise your own livestock? If not, you could be a participant in a tortured animal's killing and be very vulnerable to what you're proposing as just punishment.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
That video reminds me of whack a mole, except with a goat.

Whack-a-goat? Gotta call Hasbro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies