Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2011, 02:05 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Barbaric country.
Not only that...but if I were President...I'd expell every Nigerian student...and send them back to that dark barbaric nation....

No more hand outs...I'd apply sanctions on them, the way we're doing to iran...

I'm not pro gay or anything...but to me that kind of ingorance is just not called for in this age...

And that's not how you reach people...it has nothing to do with love and religion...but everything to do with personal issues on a secular level...

Regardless of what they cloak it in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 02:12 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Not only that...but if I were President...I'd expell every Nigerian student...and send them back to that dark barbaric nation....

No more hand outs...I'd apply sanctions on them, the way we're doing to iran...

I'm not pro gay or anything...but to me that kind of ingorance is just not called for in this age...

And that's not how you reach people...it has nothing to do with love and religion...but everything to do with personal issues on a secular level...

Regardless of what they cloak it in...
I'm not aware that there are so many Nigerians in the USA receiving aid.

The students don't bother me as long as they're here legally.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm not aware that there are so many Nigerians in the USA receiving aid.

The students don't bother me as long as they're here legally.
I'd still expell them...kick them out...and make them aware of what their government is doing...killing people simply for having same sex inclinations...

And then I'd have those in leadership over there...write me a list of the American missionary influences over here who persuaded them to pass those laws...

That's only if I ruled the world....

Kurtis Blow - If I Ruled The World - YouTube

Last edited by Time and Space; 12-03-2011 at 02:30 AM..

Old 12-03-2011, 03:04 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
LOL @ blaming influence....

Where does accountability come into play???

This is being mandated from the top up by a very SMALL handful of Authoritarians (being generous with the term... really)

Why are you blaming missionaries??? Religious influence isn't the only interest we have had in Africa. There has been plenty of political and economic influence. Why haven't they followed suit? They seen to enjoy being a totally corrupt entity with no leadership...

I'm surprised you want to go back that far to point blame at Western ideals for homosexual hatred.. It didn't begin there. It's just you stopping where it's convenient.

Do you think the American economy is great and present solid values for our foundation???

People are running around blaming every 75 year old white man that they can but never turn around and blame the Moorish....and YES this includes Berber people.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

This is being mandated from the top up by a very SMALL handful of Authoritarians (being generous with the term... really)

Why are you blaming missionaries??? Religious influence isn't the only interest we have had in Africa. There has been plenty of political and economic influence. Why haven't they followed suit? They seen to enjoy being a totally corrupt entity with no leadership...

I'm surprised you want to go back that far to point blame at Western ideals for homosexual hatred.. It didn't begin there. It's just you stopping where it's convenient.

Do you think the American economy is great and present solid values for our foundation???

People are running around blaming every 75 year old white man that they can but never turn around and blame the Moorish....and YES this includes Berber people.
First I have nothing against you...nothing at all...

But this missionary influence I speak of goes on today...not 100 years ago...It goes on today...it's active today....in 2011....

Old 12-03-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:

And secondly...I could careless about color...that's an issue you bring to the table...not me...

CHERELLE DIDN'T MEAN TO TURN YOU ON 1984 - YouTube

Old 12-03-2011, 03:23 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
First I have nothing against you...nothing at all...

But this missionary influence I speak of goes on today...not 100 years ago...It goes on today...it's active today....in 2011....

I have nothing against you either... And as an Agnostic I am well aware of the social ramifications of Religion.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:24 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:

Clearly you are totally discounting influence.

Why are so many homosexuals and other claimed "sexual deviants" usually abused or have been subject to other dysfunctional environments as somebody alluded to earlier??

So now you are calling gay people 'sexual deviants'?

And no. There is no evidence that gay people were "usually abused" anymore than straight people were "abused", as that other misinformed poster claims.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Attraction has psychological properties, biological and sociological properties.

There are tribes who believe that scarification is particularly attractive. That's going to be a measure of what is attractive and what attracts them in a sociological context. Those markings will produce an image of attractiveness in their mind and in that regard attraction becomes psychological and biological.

If you take a baby from that environment and raise him/her in ours, they'll probably not grow up thinking that tribal scars are particularly attractive because culturally in our Western world it's not something we value as attractive.

You can model/mold someone (groom) someone to find a quality, person, thing attractive.
And there's a tribe in New Guinea that made boys fellate older men and drink their semen to make them strong warriors. Didn't make them gay.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Still no missing link.. This means absolutely nothing....Monkeys also eat their own **** and fling it around... is that the 3% difference?
No "Missing link"? Seriously? That's "Creationist" talk.

Please don't tell me you're someone who thinks Evolution is "Just a Theory".

There are plenty of transitional fossils.
Transitional Vertebrate Fossils FAQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies