Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 04:36 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Judging from the statistical information that I have seen that states the US has the LOWEST scores of any developed country *and* lower than some of the third world countries, then I have to ask if the free food program is doing any good at all. Apparently not. Therefore, why continue to sink millions of dollars annually into a program that is NOT WORKING? Wouldn't it be infinitely better to take that money and EDUCATE the parents on how to not only provide a nutritious meal for their children but to support their educational efforts as well?

The problem is, of course, that the parent(s) do not care about the health nor the education of their children. So no matter how much money you THROW at the problem, it's not going to get better.

So my thoughts are, PUT THE MONEY SOMEPLACE WHERE IT'S GOING TO DO SOME GOOD.

20yrsinBranson

Why do people believe that poor people do not care about their children? Do you really believe that the Kardashians care more for their kids than the janitor or the nurses aide? Do you think that the child being raised in a mansion by a succession of nannies while their parents jet set around the world is more loved than the child of the waitress or the laid off factory worker? How shallow. And, as someone who actually volunteers with a program that helps feed and tutor poor kids, if you saw how hungry those kids are and how grateful their parents are that their children are getting food and help with their school work you just might change your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If that makes you sleep better at night.
When one has no conscience, I'm sure they sleep like the dead.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I think most people have a conscience, but they have to rationalize things otherwise they would not be able to live with themselves.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:42 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Post your address so we can start sending hungry illegal alien kids your way.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
So now we have shifted the thread to illegal alien kids. I guess you are satisfied that you lost the other argument and want to swich topics. I can't say that I blame you.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
We can't send them to hotair2 because he's busy commanding his division.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
We can't send them to hotair2 because he's busy commanding his division.
Never had a division, but thanks for the compliment.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
At least they could stop feeding the kids of illegal immigrants. Make them prove the parents' citizenship.
Dear merciful heavens. Do you truly mean that you think a little child should go hungry because of their parents aren't citizens? Are you telling me that you could really look into the eyes of a 6 year old child and tell them that they can just sit there hungry and watch the other children eat because you don't approve of their parents? How do you shave? You couldn't possibly be able to look at yourself in the mirror.

Do you folks even begin to understand that you could feed every school child a free lunch...whatever their income...and STILL not even begin to touch the amount of money that was given to millionaires and billionaires to bail them out after their dishonest dealings destroyed this country?

And for what we've spent killing innocent children around the world we could feed our hungry children for the rest of their lives.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Dear merciful heavens. Do you truly mean that you think a little child should go hungry because of their parents aren't citizens? Are you telling me that you could really look into the eyes of a 6 year old child and tell them that they can just sit there hungry and watch the other children eat because you don't approve of their parents?
I don't think he could. That is where ideology runs slap into reality. I have to believe that most people are decent, but I could be wrong.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:03 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
I fed a hungry person just about an hour ago, and gave her food for tomorrow.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but she is American.
If I gave you my address, you would just start stalking me, and then my husband would have to shoot you because you would be trespassing, and I dont want that on my conscience, cuz I have one.
He's a Marine, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies