Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM

679 posts, read 660,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Dunno, open up your own thread on the topic and we'll discuss it, the OP was:

When a gay person responds to the thread the response is intelligent and thoughtful...

-but-

When someone disagrees with the thread they are called white, bigoted, conservative, ignorant, Republicans and/or a troll?

IMO this attitude truly shows who the bigots are.

What say ya'll?
I think you are looking too hard into things...

Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Our conformist society dictates that we are not allowed to like or dislike what we please, just as gay people are. But we dont label them heterophobic for their prefernce, do we?
Are there any organizations or individuals you can link us to that are for restricting heterosexuals from having the same rights as everyone else? If not, then your comparison makes no sense. There's a huge difference between being for equal rights (re: the gay and gay ally crowd) and being for the restriction of rights (re: the anti-gay crowd).

Old 12-01-2011, 04:14 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
I think you're paranoid phil......you know me from the Science Forum.......you've interacted in an intelligent manner there....what happened?????

Do you honestly believe myself or other gay guys are third class citizens or trying to indoctrinate your children. I'm a product of your straight marriages...it's you all popping out the gay kids....not us!

And you know from the Science Forum......I'm just way smarter than you too! .

It comes down to respect....you need to show some to gain some!

Old 12-01-2011, 04:18 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,264 times
Quote:
When a gay person responds to the thread the response is intelligent and thoughtful...

-but-

When someone disagrees with the thread they are called white, bigoted, conservative, ignorant, Republicans and/or a troll?

What say ya'll?
Don't forget "hater" and "closeted gay" and "homophobe."

Old 12-01-2011, 04:28 PM

521 posts, read 466,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Arguing for the expansion of rights and advancement of MORE freedom is a noble idea.

Arguing for continued restriction of rights, discrimination and inequality based on innate characteristics is unAmerican, immoral, and repugnant to people who value liberty and freedom.

People who are part of the "we want to discriminate and restrict rights for our fellow Americans" camp SHOULD be called out.

And if you're soooo proud to be part of the "restrict people's lives" camp, then you should not be phased at all when you're called a bigot. You should wear it proudly.

Humans get one life to live. Suffering and being held as "less than equal" under the yoke of an overwhelmingly ignorant set of ideas held closely and dearly by a mostly uneducated, ill-informed, scared and prejudiced majority is enough to make anyone lash out.
No they are arguing for special rights.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
Quote:
Dunno, open up your own thread on the topic and we'll discuss it, the OP was:

-but-

What say ya'll?
Dunno? You dunno? Really? Awesome. It's called a discussion. Questions and answers can go both ways. I see you don't understand even simple compassion for your fellow human beings that have brought no harm to you, so I shouldn't be surprised that you don't get how discussion works.

But I'll humor you. It's because hating anyone for what they are, when they are not hurting anyone, is a thought process from another time. Many people have figured out the folly of this line of thought, but not everybody. You seem to think that standing up to a bigot makes one a bigot. That means you don't understand what a bigot is. I'll help you out.

"Bigot - noun \ˈbi-gət\ - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance"

So please explain what your issue is with gays. Please explain, using valid reasoning, not made up hatespeak, what they are teaching your children that is so awful. If you can't, then you are a bigot. I can tell you my issue with gay haters: they are obstinately or intolerantly devoted to hating gays. They regard or treat the members of the group with hatred and intolerance.

I hate to break it to you, but your kids (well, maybe not YOUR kids, but their peers definitely) don't hate gays, and it's not because of indoctrination from schools. It's because times have changed, and your dinosaur of a brain can't keep up.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
So did the "anti-gays."

See how this works?

If anything you two just proved how childish you both are.

Wow this country has idiots in it.
Yeah, only an idiot would support the Idiot in Chief.

Because they think they are somehow enlightened by approving of gay marriage. I have no problems with gays marrying, but I'm not going to annoy people who don't share my opinions.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Yeah, only an idiot would support the Idiot in Chief.

Because they think they are somehow enlightened by approving of gay marriage. I have no problems with gays marrying, but I'm not going to annoy people who don't share my opinions.
someone swerved onto to the wrong thread. I guess it is reflex. obama, Obama, obama.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
No they are arguing for special rights.
ROFL.....are you serious???????

I pay the same taxes that you pay!

You have rights....over 1,000 in marriage.......that I don't!

So who exactly has the "special rights" here!

Oh wait...you do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies