Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times

Advertisements

How were people not allowed to drop off of the roster?

I don't blame obama alone for this mess we are in, this has gone back quite a few years and is now finally catching up with us, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It may or may not be. But on the flip side, one could make the same argument against high UE over last couple of years, because people weren't being allowed to be dropped off the benefits roster.

The fact that people like OPer and those that follow the same line of thinking ought to recognize (if not publicly accept) is that the same was happening in 2001, 2002, 2003... years before Obama who they desperately want to blame for everything.

Well, that isn't a new thing... it existed when you were fast asleep at the wheel owing to the advertised low UE rate in the early 2000s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
How were people not allowed to drop off of the roster?
They were, a fact being deliberately ignored and spun off, presented as something new.

Quote:
I don't blame obama alone for this mess we are in, this has gone back quite a few years and is now finally catching up with us, that's all.
I know that about you, but as you should be able to tell, most here either don't get it or deliberately refuse to.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:59 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Judging from recent trends, November's jobs report will be revised upwards during in early January and again the next month.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no

I dont care who is in charge..just do the right job..BY THE CONSTITUTION

the fact is the fascist liberals have been killing the american way of life

So, you'd like to give up all land west of the Mississippi river back to France and Mexico?

People scream "by the constitution" all the time, but no one really means it, completely.

There are all things our government has done that isn't specifically mentioned in the constitution that we all like, everyone.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
been proven many times

but what obama has is not a jobs bill

for your reading pleasure:
and the establishment of ANOTHER GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT (bigger government)

a government CORPORATION like a fannie/freddie on steriods

--------------------------

another corporation:

-------------------------

this to bail out Freddie/Fannie in the rehabbing of homes that are "unmarketable" instead of leaving these to be auctioned "as is" and rehabbed through the private sector?

---------------

The Commission would have the power to assess a user fee on almost any spectrum license holder, including commercial wireless, satellite and broadcast radio. Television broadcasters and public safety licensees are statutorily exempt from the user fee under the Communications Act of 1934.

These fees will be absorbed in costs to the customer - so basically this is a hidden tax on the poor and middleclass through cell phones, satellite services, etc

----------

the bill doesnt creat jobs, or ballance the budget

all obama's ANTI-jobs bill does is INCREASE the GOVERNMENT and INCREASE the DEBT, ..oh wait it does creat jobs....for LAWYERS

more fodder for lawyers
------------------------

the 2 billion+ dollar bailout of amtrac....page 31......more wasted money on failing companies

or is it 3 billion...no wait...6 billion..and 5 billion more......why do we pay a gas tax..???

over 40 billion going to the DOT

---------------------------

----------------------------------

Teacher Stabilization, Sections 202-215

Why does the teaching profession need "stabilization"? If I understand correctly the teaching industry has 50% less unemployment than most other sectors in our economy. How can this be interpreted as anything other than a payback to teacher's unions?

-----------------------

out of the 447 billion only 80 billion goes to infrastructre:

Is this really a jobs plan?

-------------

Another problem in that section........

------------------------------

wow a bail out of Freddie/Fannie in the rehabbing of homes that are "unmarketable" instead of leaving these to be auctioned "as is" and rehabbed through the private sector?

its a government expansion bill...not a jobs bill

you asked for the proof...there you have it
I am not sure if you have noticed, but the government has actualy been shrinking. It it shedding more jobs than any other sector in the nation.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not sure if you have noticed, but the government has actualy been shrinking. It it shedding more jobs than any other sector in the nation.
?

US Government Spending As Percent Of GDPUnited States 1903-2010 - Federal State Local Data

Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
if you guys read the whole article you would realize the real unemployment rate dropped from 16.2% to 15.6%.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's right. This is state and local:

Old 12-02-2011, 09:24 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
LOL, love the spin the resident libbies are putting on the report. It's so ****ing predictable. First when I heard that on the radio, I thought to myself,"Oh the Obamabots are going to come and spin this one into cotton candy"

First of all, it's the Christmas season. Hiring ALWAYS goes up before and during the Christmas period. This is as concrete as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west

Second, each administration defines unemployment differently, if they want to. The way Obama defines unemployment, if I was the president, I can get the UE down to 4%! All I would have to do is convince the states to close down their unemployment offices and end unemployment benefits. When people stop receiving unemployment, they fall off the radar and, tada! the unemployment rate goes down

Just ignore those pesky numbers that tell you what the labor participation rate is in comparison to the civilian workforce. Those numbers don't matter. Only UE does!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
LOL, love the spin the resident libbies are putting on the report. It's so ****ing predictable. First when I heard that on the radio, I thought to myself,"Oh the Obamabots are going to come and spin this one into cotton candy"

First of all, it's the Christmas season. Hiring ALWAYS goes up before and during the Christmas period. This is as concrete as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west

Second, each administration defines unemployment differently, if they want to. The way Obama defines unemployment, if I was the president, I can get the UE down to 4%! All I would have to do is convince the states to close down their unemployment offices and end unemployment benefits. When people stop receiving unemployment, they fall off the radar and, tada! the unemployment rate goes down

Just ignore those pesky numbers that tell you what the labor participation rate is in comparison to the civilian workforce. Those numbers don't matter. Only UE does!
Ahem:

From CNN Money:
Quote:
The retail industry alone added about 50,000 jobs, more than half of which were at clothing and accessory stores, while the leisure and hospitality industry added 22,000 jobs, mostly at restaurants. Because the Labor Department adjusts its numbers to account for seasonal trends, job growth in those industries is not necessarily because of holiday hiring alone.
Yeah, those pesky number.

Moreover, each administration DOES NOT define unemployment differently. The way it is measured has not changed in many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies