Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:15 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

That's nothing, we have the biggest Medicare defrauder in history, living in the State Governors Mansion. Beat that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 02:16 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Of course, anyone with an IQ of over 30 knows that this isn't a choice between eliminating welfare fraud and lowering the defense budget.

Both need to occur... So why is this set up as if dichotomous?

Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
ALL Welfare Departments have investigative units that crack down on fradulent cases like this.

These idiots will have to pay back every single penny ever given to them on the public dime and will serve time in prison. If they do not have the money it will be garnished from all of their future earnings. It obviously is not worth the crime.

Wake me up when a Bankster or CEO's house is raided for defrauding Americans of Billions.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...louts-20111117

Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Welfare Departments all have investigative units that crack down on fradulent cases like this.

These idiots will have to pay back every single penny ever given to them on the public dime and will serve time in prison. It obviously is not worth the crime.

Wake me up when a Bankster's or CEO's house is raided for defrauding Americans of Billions.

Good luck with that, most get probation and dont even pay full restitution.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
And people whine about cutting defense spending with corruption like this...

Residents of a wealthy lakefront community near Seattle are surprised to learn that one of their neighbors, who has lived in a $1.2 million home for the last 8 years, is the recipient of more that $1,200 a month in public housing vouchers, federal and state disability, and food stamps.

Welfare Recipient Lives in Million Dollar Home Near Seattle | Video
When you said "Feds Raid Million Dollar Home of Welfare Recipient in Washington State" ...I thought it would be a story about a gov't farm subsidized big money farmer or some other such gov't bailout corp. welfare recipient

Old 12-05-2011, 02:36 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
When you said "Feds Raid Million Dollar Home of Welfare Recipient in Washington State" ...I thought it would be a story about a gov't farm subsidized big money farmer or some other such gov't bailout corp. welfare recipient
I didn't say it, if you had bothered to read the article you would have seen it was the title of the article....

Old 12-05-2011, 02:38 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
ALL Welfare Departments have investigative units that crack down on fradulent cases like this.
8 years, boy these "investigative units" are doing a great job.....

How many other *millions* of fraudsters are out there?

I could just have easily said Medicare/Medicade instead of defense...

Last edited by plwhit; 12-05-2011 at 02:47 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 02:43 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
I didn't say it, if you had bothered to read the article you would have seen it was the title of the article....
I DID bother to read it...and you DID say it if you wrote the thread title up in the little box that says "title"....duh

Old 12-05-2011, 02:44 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
A little more on this...
Quote:
"Federal agents recently raided the Dunlap Neighborhood mansion of Lyudmila Shimonova and her partner David Silverstein looking for evidence in what they allege is a longtime scheme to defraud government-assistance programs like Welfare.
...Silverstein is the owner of Seward Park Chiropractic Center, where he notes that he is "happily married with two children"--a fact that would come as news to Shimonova's tax filings where she apparently never listed herself as married, a decision that helped her qualify for generous subsidies."
David Silverstein and Lyudmila Shimonova, Seattle 1 Percenters, Accused of Decade-Long Welfare Fraud - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

A deliberate scam.

Wonder how involved her partner/husband (???) is in this. Did they have separate accounts and he never bothered to ask exactly where her money came from, or what?

Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
8 years, boy these "investigative units" are doing a great job.....

How many other *millions* of fraudsters are out there?
I'm sure there are many fraudsters but most don't get away with it for too long-unless it was elaborately planned, such as this case.
I'm sure they didn't use this address as their home address and they may have even made up SS numbers.
(They were also receiving Public Housing vouchers)

Most welfare fraudsters don't get away with much and ALL are prosecuted and made to pay back ALL MONEY received illegally when they are found out.

The same cannot be said for Corporations defrauding the American public of Billions and The Federal Reserve raiding the US Treasury FOR TRILLIONS. But I'm sure that doesn't bother you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies