Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't believe this thing has been here this long with not one liberal seizing on the opportunity to make fun of the fool OP for misspelling seizure. I guess they just don't know that I did misspell the word in the title.

I try to avoid Beck in most threads because I get in trouble for using his name enough but didn't know how to avoid it since it was his book signing the occupiers were protesting.

Have you watched any of his ads about that food that will stay packed for 25 years. I think the sauce is in the packages but I haven't really looked into it yet.

Wasn't it yesterday that I learned that if the government found anybody with more than one week's food stored in their house they might jail the poor slobs. Beck says he has much of that food stored and I do have other kinds, mostly canned, that would last more than one week. They will be after me for buying firearms soon, anyway, and it them I am buying for. If they come after me for having too much food I will take a few of them with me since they will try to take my guns, also.
Really? You think the government is coming after people who have more than a week of food stored in their pantries and refrigerators at home? God, you really need to start taking your meds...

You're a beyond nutty and paranoid. But I'd still set that aside and help you if I was there when you collapsed or had a seizure.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't believe this thing has been here this long with not one liberal seizing on the opportunity to make fun of the fool OP for misspelling seizure. I guess they just don't know that I did misspell the word in the title.

I try to avoid Beck in most threads because I get in trouble for using his name enough but didn't know how to avoid it since it was his book signing the occupiers were protesting.

Have you watched any of his ads about that food that will stay packed for 25 years. I think the sauce is in the packages but I haven't really looked into it yet.

Wasn't it yesterday that I learned that if the government found anybody with more than one week's food stored in their house they might jail the poor slobs. Beck says he has much of that food stored and I do have other kinds, mostly canned, that would last more than one week. They will be after me for buying firearms soon, anyway, and it them I am buying for. If they come after me for having too much food I will take a few of them with me since they will try to take my guns, also.

Sorry, I didn't please you with what the thread is about.
\\

haha roysoldboy, I think the libs were afraid to weigh in after you so well slapped them down over their diversionary tactics in the 'right to bare arms' thread. That was a good post. Just kidding with my post here.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:19 PM

20,318 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Why are OWS'ers protesting a talk show hosts book signing?

What does he have to do their beef with Wall Street and bankers or have they expanded their mission?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:28 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Of course it is sin. And since you choose that word, I ask if you claim to be Christian? If so, shame on you for you know it is wrong and you will have to answer for that.

One's flaws are not entertainment for others and certainly things like what is described in the OP is not because of a poor choice or timing.

And nothing you said is lost on me, your reality and your point is invalid and useless, juat further testament of character.
Chrome, I'll keep posting the wisdom that I currently am, perchance you see it.

If you want to know what I claim to be and not to be you can click on seeing all of the posts I have made. It might help you to do so.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

If you want to know what I claim to be and not to be you can click on seeing all of the posts I have made. It might help you to do so.
Yeah, your "wisdom" is laughing at people who are undergoing a potentially life-threatening medical emergency because they aren't aligned with your politics. Is that what you think Jesus would have done? If so, you're delusional.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, Accusations? The first couple posts you see people doing it. It's like 'accusing' some one of being a Broncos fan while they are yelling "Go Broncos!"

If you are unhappy when people point out the nasty things others say, the better thing to do is for the people to keep their mouths shut instead of getting mad at the people pointing out the hateful things spewed.

Also Roy, you are 79 right? The last thing you want to do is to start making fun of peoples infirmities as you have been around long enough your body probably has many. If you want people to make fun of yours, feel free to make fun of others.
This is the absolute beauty of souls such as Roy and myself, along with countless others. It is that we are lighthearted enough to make as much fun of ourselves as we do others.

That OWS loser that thought he was going to invade? a book signing of Beck's and had a seizure? or whatever happened to him very likely caused his own health problems. We humans often do just that.

We often injure ourselves when we emotionally REACT to folks or things that irritate us. Get rushed, trip over the cat, and fall or hit something and bruise or cut ourselves or any one of a thousand other scenarios like that one.

I get it, and apparently Roy does, too. No, not wrong and not a sin to laugh at this person that is referred to in this thread. Not gonna be "PC" and my laughing at the kid, stands and rightly so.

Ambient, I know what Jesus would do. He'd likely cuss the OWS crowd out and tell them to get a life. remember, HE not only turned over tables right in a church/temple but he dared to call the Scribes and Pharisees of His day "dead mens bones in whitewashed tombs!"

Try to think with wisdom and insight! Was it even possible that the very labels that Jesus called the intelligensia of His day, "curse words" of that ancient age? Yes, it's possible. No wonder the people wanted Barrabas released and to let Jesus die that horrible death.

Jesus was not milquetoast. He was no huggy wimp. For EVERYthing there is a season. My conscience is just fine even in the context of this thread. Oh, and Jesus would also call our president the Subversive Communist that he is, also. get it?

Bluntness is not a sin and if someone laughs at me, big whooptedoo. If I ever attend a rally or protest of someone on the left and I make a fool of myself I think they are going to be RIGHT to laugh at ME.

Honest enough for ya?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:54 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
It's good that Beck was there to offer assistance. I remember when John Kerry just stood by and watched a man get tazed needlessly and was completely indifferent. I'm not a fan of Beck's style but he is a pretty decent guy.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
The feigned outrage by the left is so predictable. They make fun of every candidate put up to run for office without a D next to their name, their families, children etc. But how dare somebody make fun of some loon who has a seizure getting all wound out about Glen Beck signing a stupid book. LOL. It's friggen hilarious if you ask me, hell even if you don't ask me!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 05:38 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,143 times
Quote:

Of course you are welcome to post to your heart's content, but rest assured I am not interested. What you have done here is blasphemous.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:41 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,143 times
You KNOW what Jesus would do??? Do you?
Do you know what Jesus did to the money changers? The OWS guys are more in line with what Jesus would do than you are. Perhaps you need a mic check!

Quote:
This is the absolute beauty of souls such as Roy and myself, along with countless others. It is that we are lighthearted enough to make as much fun of ourselves as we do others.

That OWS loser that thought he was going to invade? a book signing of Beck's and had a seizure? or whatever happened to him very likely caused his own health problems. We humans often do just that.

We often injure ourselves when we emotionally REACT to folks or things that irritate us. Get rushed, trip over the cat, and fall or hit something and bruise or cut ourselves or any one of a thousand other scenarios like that one.

I get it, and apparently Roy does, too. No, not wrong and not a sin to laugh at this person that is referred to in this thread. Not gonna be "PC" and my laughing at the kid, stands and rightly so.

Ambient, I know what Jesus would do. He'd likely cuss the OWS crowd out and tell them to get a life. remember, HE not only turned over tables right in a church/temple but he dared to call the Scribes and Pharisees of His day "dead mens bones in whitewashed tombs!"

Try to think with wisdom and insight! Was it even possible that the very labels that Jesus called the intelligensia of His day, "curse words" of that ancient age? Yes, it's possible. No wonder the people wanted Barrabas released and to let Jesus die that horrible death.

Jesus was not milquetoast. He was no huggy wimp. For EVERYthing there is a season. My conscience is just fine even in the context of this thread. Oh, and Jesus would also call our president the Subversive Communist that he is, also. get it?

Bluntness is not a sin and if someone laughs at me, big whooptedoo. If I ever attend a rally or protest of someone on the left and I make a fool of myself I think they are going to be RIGHT to laugh at ME.

Honest enough for ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.