U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: DO YOU AGREE WITH THE 31 U.S. SENATORS THAT THERE SHOULD BE AN INVESTIGATION ON THE DISCHARGES
Yes 6 42.86%
Yes. If Bush's Administration Does Not Investigate these discharges then the Senate Should Do It 7 50.00%
No 3 21.43%
Not Sure 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 PM

3,297 posts, read 5,508,088 times

Advertisements

22,000 Men And Women Purged From The Military After Serving In The War On Terror. PRESS HERE FOR DETAILS 22,000 Men And Women Purged From The Military After Serving In War

This secondary Surge is a total dishonor and disgrace to not only all veterans, but also all Americans. How could the federal government send these men and women to up to three and four tours in the combat zones, and then these honorable and brave Americans return to America for help; they are purged by the Department of Defense.

This type of treatment to America's PTSD veterans has been an on-going disgrace of President George Bush.

Learn the disgusting deeds of his Veterans' Disability Benefits Commission SENATE GRANTS SOCIAL SECURITY TO ILLEGAL ALIENS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 07:26 PM

11,019 posts, read 18,104,908 times
I can't in my mind believe anybody would vote no to this,if these people are indeed being refused treatment and payment then it's a total disgrace that must be investigated.

No matter ones view on any combat zone our troops are deployed to one should commend their sacrifice and hold up to the just rewards they deserve.

In my mind active duty or retired,any person sent to combat should recieve health care FOR LIFE,at the governments expense.Any one who puts in 20 years even if never in combat same deal.

This is where government under our constitution actually has authority at the federal level,to maintain a standing army in defense of this nation and no matter policy of the war be it Afghanistan,Somalia,Iraq,Vietnam,Korea,WW2,Panama or where ever,these people answered the call and should not be shunned.

A promise is a promise.There is alot of wasteful government spending to be reigned in but this topic,these people are not it.

Last edited by lionking; 08-28-2007 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: spelling,I mispell alot lol

Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I can't in my mind believe anybody would vote no to this,if these people are indeed being refused treatment and payment then it's a total disgrace that must be investigated.

No matter ones view on any combat zone our troops are deployed to one should commend their sacrifice and hold up to the just rewards they deserve.

In my mind active duty or retired,any person sent to combat should recieve health care FOR LIFE,at the governments expense.Any one who puts in 20 years even if never in combat same deal.

This is where government under our constitution actually has authority at the federal level,to maintain a standing army in defense of this nation and no matter policy of the war be it Afghanistan,Somalia,Iraq,Vietnam,Korea,WW2,Panama or where ever,these people answered the call and should not be shunned.

A promise is a promise.There is alot of wasteful government spending to be reigned in but this topic,these people are not it.
Thank You!!

Old 08-29-2007, 05:38 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,538,721 times
This administrations attitude toward Veterans is simple.

F** 'em all. They are no longer of any use to us, so F*** 'en all.

BTW - this is not so different that any other administration or country for that matter. It is just a lot more blatant. I mean; What do we expect - honorable behavior from dishonorable men?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 AM

Default UPDATE: 'Marlboro Man' in Fallujah became a symbol of the Iraq conflict.

'Marlboro Man' in Fallujah became a symbol of the Iraq conflict.
The photo of the 'Marlboro Man' in Fallujah became a symbol of the Iraq conflict.

This Marine's eyes tell the story. He already had the scare when his famous picture was taken.

Last edited by ProudCapMarine; 08-29-2007 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: screwed speeling...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Audie Murphy (American Hero) had PTSD!

Read the story: Audie Murphy (American Hero) had it!

Old 09-01-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Va Sued By Hundreds Of Thousands Of Veterans

It's a shame and disgrace that the federal government must be sued for care of PTSD veterans.
VA SUED BY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF VETERANS

Old 09-01-2007, 04:50 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,410,165 times
I said yes. Not yes, if Bush don't do it, somebody should.

I don't want Bush or his administration investigating it. I want a totally independent agency to look into it. Be too easy for it to be covered up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies