Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Birthers are not the brightest or sanest of the bunch.
They're the bunch that actually believe the stories in the National Enquirer are true..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 02:04 AM

335 posts, read 375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
with all the proof available that Obama was born in Hawaii as stated-- up to and including the "long-form" birth certificate are you either:

(a) Just pretending to go along with the Birther-thing because you see it as injurious to the President and you want him out of office...

or

(b) Some kind of ignoramus.

It's really impossible that anyone with an ounce of sense truly believes that Obama is not an American.

Questions About Barack Obama's status as a "natural born citizen"

I'll bet it is his own party that uses this against him in due time, and not adversaries.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't have to be a "birther". According to the US Consitution...

To become president of the United States, you must be a native-born U.S. citizens. Someone may be born abroad, but only if both parents were citizens of the United States. The only exception to this was for those around at the time the Constitution was adopted. Their requirement was that they had to be a citizen when the Constitution was adopted.

It says on Mr. Obama's birth certificate that his father was from Kenya. That in and of itself would disqualify him. Why no one has pursued this is beyond me.

20yrsinBranson
If that line of legal rational was valid the Republicans and/or Teabaggers would have used it with gusto to oust the current President..
Aint happening is it..
Instead of expecting every one else to do the job why dont you file a law suit against the President of the United States for electoral fraud/malfeasance,.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
He definitely has lost much of my support-- but for substantive reasons-- unlike the imaginary reasons the rwnj's keep coming up with -- like birtherisim.

He has lost my support because he is not nearly liberal enough.
I am proud to be an ignoramous in your (self highly regarded) opinion.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:36 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:

To become president of the United States, you must be a native-born U.S. citizens. Someone may be born abroad, but only if both parents were citizens of the United States. The only exception to this was for those around at the time the Constitution was adopted. Their requirement was that they had to be a citizen when the Constitution was adopted.

It says on Mr. Obama's birth certificate that his father was from Kenya. That in and of itself would disqualify him. Why no one has pursued this is beyond me.

20yrsinBranson
Read again. He is natural born US citizen. If born overseas the requirement is Both parents are US citizens.

McCain was born in Pamama, not in the canal zone.. But both his parents were US citizens so he is qualified.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:34 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
No one pursues it because it is absolutely not true. You need to stop believing everything you read on WND and Newsmax.
Quote:

The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The Congressional Research Service has stated that the weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion indicates that the term means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship "at birth" or "by birth," including any child born "in" the United States (other than to foreign diplomats serving their country), the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parent who has met U.S. residency requirements.[1]

Old 12-08-2011, 09:04 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
[url=http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/lawyersues.htm]
I'll bet it is his own party that uses this against him in due time, and not adversaries.
if you've been following this comedy then you would see that birtherism hasn't been a burden to obama or the democrats but instead has become a massive thorn in the side of the GOP. i absolutely believe that democrats will bring up bitherism in upcoming election campaigns but not as an attack on obama, they'll be used to make any republican/tea party opposition look irrational.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:06 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They're the bunch that actually believe the stories in the National Enquirer are true..
The Onion

Old 12-08-2011, 09:40 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
I'll take that bet.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:51 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am proud to be an ignoramous in your (self highly regarded) opinion.
I can't tell you on how many levels it disturbs me that Right Wingers are becoming increasingly proud-- and even flaunt-- their ignorance as some kind of badge of honor.

Some flaunt ignorance the way others are proud of academic achievement. With an entire sub-culture that values ignorance and instead chooses to live in a fantasy world where what they wish were true actually IS true-- it is no wonder that country is in the pickle it's in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies