Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,754,619 times

Advertisements

Bush and his speech again today, I couldn’t help but hear parts of it on the news. Unfortunately he and this administration has lied so often and repeated the propaganda to the point that I just don’t believe anything from them or Washington anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 09:00 PM

5,764 posts, read 11,594,672 times
There are some agencies with good reputations, like the GAO. Their reports are usually tough, honest, and accurate.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:38 PM

478 posts, read 956,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Bush and his speech again today, I couldn’t help but hear parts of it on the news. Unfortunately he and this administration has lied so often and repeated the propaganda to the point that I just don’t believe anything from them or Washington anymore.
The speech today was classic.... Bush talking to a bunch VFW members... and he was laying the fear on something fierce! Talking about nuclear holocaust and terror terror and more terror! The rhetoric is eerily similar to that of what took place in the days before the Iraq invasion. Hmmm... I wonder who is next? Sometimes it's as if he is just trying to hypnotize people by repeating the same sh*t a million times. And some people still eat it up! I am just lost for words how this administration is now setting their sights on Iran when Iraq is a mess... and this country's economy is teetering on the brink. These bastards don't care. They are going for broke, trashing the joint on the way out. Like the sarcastic line from the movie "Full Metal Jacket" - "These are great days we're livin', bro's!"

Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,295,531 times
You can believe everything from washington, they never lie!.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:48 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,512,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Absolutely nothing. Yet another repressed right-wing speech of bs today(Sen. Craig) I had to run and turn it off so it wouldn't ruin dinnertime conversation.

Utterly disgraceful.

sunny

Old 08-28-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
The speech today was classic.... Bush talking to a bunch VFW members... and he was laying the fear on something fierce! Talking about nuclear holocaust and terror terror and more terror! The rhetoric is eerily similar to that of what took place in the days before the Iraq invasion. Hmmm... I wonder who is next? Sometimes it's as if he is just trying to hypnotize people by repeating the same sh*t a million times. And some people still eat it up! I am just lost for words how this administration is now setting their sights on Iran when Iraq is a mess... and this country's economy is teetering on the brink. These bastards don't care. They are going for broke, trashing the joint on the way out. Like the sarcastic line from the movie "Full Metal Jacket" - "These are great days we're livin', bro's!"
I agree- there is only so much negativitity the public can handle- terrorism, sex scandals....it gets worse every day- to survive, we have to turn off the news!

sunny

Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,509,181 times
I MIGHT believe them if they swore under oath that they were lying---not sure--hmmmm

Old 08-29-2007, 12:37 AM

Exclamation lol-

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I MIGHT believe them if they swore under oath that they were lying---not sure--hmmmm
exactly. And thats about it. I feel physically ill anytime they have a press conference- how much more bs and threats and stupidity do they think they can shove down America's throat? sickening

Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 AM

5,764 posts, read 11,594,672 times
Well, if you keep voting for candidates from the two major parties, you can't honestly expect anything to change.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:06 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,540,014 times
I saw a TV clip of President Bush paraphrasing the NAZI propaganda minister Gobles (sp?). The gist of the clip was that if they stayed on focus and told the same thing often enough the people would “get with the propaganda”. I doubt if Bush even realized that he was doing it.

The recent speech was the same speech he gave before invading Afghanistan and Iraq. He is setting up the situation for the attack on Iran. I hope the Congress has the courage and power to stop this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies