Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 07:06 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Spare me your "real man" bull****.

That is simply for insecure dolts. Real man this, real man that, blah blah blah whatever.
I won't start in on the real man stuff. But I would say a person of admirable character wouldn't place himself in such a hypocritical situation.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:10 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,831,333 times
Quote:
What is it with you and capitalizing the word man?

I have a freakishly large johnson, does that make me a man? Yes.

I support my family and make sure they do not want for anything. Does that make me a man? Yes.

Does not paying taxes to criminally corrupt government and refusing to live by a subjective "ethical code" that others seem to possess make me a man? Yes.

This real man crap you seem to be obsessed with has got to go.

Want to know my ethical code? Don't F*** with me and I won't F*** with you. Pretty simple to understand, and that goes to individuals, groups, and governmental entities as well.
Capitalized to demonstrate to you that it is something you are not.
My response here is similar to another post in that you rantings are of a bitter person who is not properly equipped to discuss serious topics with mature adults.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:03 PM

300 posts, read 250,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
we are the government (of the people, by the people, for the people). You have no choice. If you are not happy the way things are, then you should work to change it.
lol if you actually believe that, you are more delusional than the jesus freaks.

This is not a country of, by, and for the people. It once was, but that time has long since passed.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Capitalized to demonstrate to you that it is something you are not.
My response here is similar to another post in that you rantings are of a bitter person who is not properly equipped to discuss serious topics with mature adults.
Saying someone is not a "man" because they do something that doesnt fit your narrow view of what a "man" is.

Do you also own one of those pink shirts that says "Real Men Wear Pink" on it too?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Saying someone is not a "man" because they do something that doesnt fit your narrow view of what a "man" is.

Do you also own one of those pink shirts that says "Real Men Wear Pink" on it too?
I bet you look just adorable in pink.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I bet you look just adorable in pink.
I've never actually worn a pink shirt, but if I did, I bet I would look ridiculously sexy in it.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times
Yep, troll.

Congrats, OP. You got a 20-page troll fest out of this. You bored today?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yep, troll.

Congrats, OP. You got a 20-page troll fest out of this. You bored today?
Dont you find it interesting that he says he makes tons of $ as a bartender, and he is obviously working the day shift?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:18 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Dont you find it interesting that he says he makes tons of $ as a bartender, and he is obviously working the day shift?
He's probably not even old enough to drink...but he's old enough to rile up a bunch of CD posters.

I give him credit.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Came upon an interesting situation with a good friend of mine from work and thought I would get some opinions....

The meat and potatoes of it: I (and my friend) are bartenders in an upper scale tourist area in the midwest. As such, we make a fairly good living and admittedly most of it is tax free. (No, I sure as hell do not report every cent I make ).

That being said, my friend who is somewhat of a "preparedness type" recently got approved for food stamps since his provable income is very low. He and his family are set to receive somewhere around $400 +/- a month. He told me he plans on using that solely for the purpose of stocking his cellar and pantry with a doomsday stockpile of food.

On one hand, I despise anyone receiving food stamps since they are completely unconstitutional IMO, but on the other, I applaud his willingness to use the system for his own benefit and prepare for a scenario which would most likely be caused by the government itself.

We got into a friendly debate over the merits of going on the public dime versus using the already broken system to prepare for its eventual catastrophic ending.

Thoughts?
Do you also admire other people who use the system for their own benefit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies