Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Good. He's a crook and he has it coming.
You know under the UCMJ in the military, there is a special circumstance for military personnel who commit crimes while performing duties as a "sentry."

The penalties are more severe, with longer prison sentences and stiffer fines. The logic is three-fold in holding a sentry to an higher standard than military personnel performing ordinary duties: A sentry is performing a special duty (related to the security of the country, or a military unit, ship or plane); is in a position of higher trust and authority; and has more power (due to their guard orders, special orders, use of force or rules of engagement).

I fail to see why this standard should not be applied to public officials who commit crimes.

If it were up to me, I'd have them executed, but I'd settle for life imprisonment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 08:15 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Punishment to fit the crime? 14 years for trying to sell a senate seat but in IL only 6 years for raping a child.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:21 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Good. This state is full of a bunch of morons though. He should never have been voted in.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:44 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Well Im in Illinois and I never voted for him and Im glad he's going to do some time

I can only imagine the corrupt deals going on right now to shield the rest of the criminal Chicago mob that includes 0bummer...

I bet 0 will pardon him in exchange for silence...

Rahm, Daleys, Cullerton, Madigans, and 0bummer are all at least as criminal as Rod...
That's not true at all. That's just your hate for Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yup, and Obama is as crooked as any other Illinois politician.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:55 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Good. This state is full of a bunch of morons though. He should never have been voted in.
I blame the Repubs as much as the Dems for him getting elected?

If they had found anyone with more than three brain cells to have ran against him they would have won...do you mean to tell me Judy Baar Topinka was the VERY best repub IL had to offer?...THAT'S the best they could do?Really?..I mean REALLY?

Old 12-08-2011, 07:05 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Does anyone really think Blagojevich will serve 14 full years in prison? Besides, sales from the inevitable book will make him personally feel a lot better. And whenever he does get out, imagine what his speaking fees will be. (If there was anything like justice, nobody would give him the time of day...but you know that's not how things are going to go).

Old 12-08-2011, 08:59 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Does anyone really think Blagojevich will serve 14 full years in prison? Besides, sales from the inevitable book will make him personally feel a lot better. And whenever he does get out, imagine what his speaking fees will be. (If there was anything like justice, nobody would give him the time of day...but you know that's not how things are going to go).
I can't imagine anyone paying to hear this bloviator speak. I think after the talk shows and reality shows, for which he was roundly ridiculed (Jon Stewart even ridiculed him during the interview), he's played his hand out. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...

Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 AM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
If these were federal charges he'll do the entire minimum. No parole from federal prisons anymore.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If these were federal charges he'll do the entire minimum. No parole from federal prisons anymore.
He'll get a presidential parden next year just wait and see. There's too much of a Chicago connection and probably skeletons in closets for Obama to deny him a parden after he's srved one year. The only way this slimeball will still be behind bars at this time next year is iff Obama somehow pulls a miracle and wins reelection.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
They are fed charges and according to our local news this morning he's most likely going to end up up in Terre Haute where he will have to do 12 1/2 years to be eligible for parole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies