U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 01:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 47,656,129 times

Advertisements

Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was arrested at home today by Pennsylvania state police in the wake of new sexual assault charges filed by a grand jury against him.

Sandusky was handcuffed and taken out of his home by state police and brought to an arraignment before a judge in Centre County, Pa., for the new charges, which include assaulting two boys involved in his Second Mile charity.

Jerry Sandusky Arrested on New Sex Abuse Charges - Yahoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,850,902 times
They need to dust of those electric chairs that aren't used anymore and fire them up for Sandusky.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:02 PM

7,901 posts, read 8,907,352 times
I have to wonder what his lawyers was thinking when he did that 4 hour interview.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:07 PM

7,526 posts, read 7,223,165 times
It saddens me to think of how many kids could have been spared had he been brought to justice years ago...

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM

31,438 posts, read 19,664,020 times
I am beginning to think that Sandusky's wife should be investigated also. Apparently, one of the victims was being molested by Sandusky in the basement while the wife was upstairs. The victim, who was about 10 at the time, screamed very loud for help. Yet Sandusky's wife seemingly ignored these screams for help.

Quote:
One of the new alleged victims in the sexual harassment case against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky told a grand jury that Sandusky's wife ignored his screams for help while Sandusky raped him in the basement of their home.
U.S. News - Alleged victim says cries for help from Sandusky basement went unheeded

Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 PM

17,446 posts, read 23,986,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am beginning to think that Sandusky's wife should be investigated also. Apparently, one of the victims was being molested by Sandusky in the basement while the wife was upstairs. The victim, who was about 10 at the time, screamed very loud for help. Yet Sandusky's wife seemingly ignored these screams for help.

U.S. News - Alleged victim says cries for help from Sandusky basement went unheeded
Sandusky's wife should definitely be investigated as IMO she is an accessory.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 PM

28,551 posts, read 15,489,914 times
Grand jury report is brutal. No telling how many lives he has tarnished.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,645,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
It saddens me to think of how many kids could have been spared had he been brought to justice years ago...
At least he has been brought to justice. Many more cases go unreported, period. This is one of the better cases.

To give some perspective, I tried to report a teacher I had that was just like Sandusky, except he was after girls and not boys. He molested me every single day for the whole year he was my teacher. I've talked to other victims. We banded together. We had a lot of evidence of him moving around teaching positions--4 countries and 7 schools in his 30 years (at the time). We all had pretty much the same story. Like Penn State, our school was more concerned with maintaining a good image. Apparently the other ones were too, cause I have no idea how else he got those positions.

He's still teaching now. He taught at at least two more schools since he abused me and both schools were founded and closed down by the same director. Since then, I've lost track of him. All I know is that he's still out and about teaching. This year is his 42nd year teaching.

It happens all the time. I'm glad that this case has come to light and Sandusky has been brought to justice, but what makes me saddest of all is all the cases and all the victims that never get heard, and never get to see justice. I'm sad for all the students that can't be saved from being raped and molested because schools care more about their image than their students. I'm sad for all the victims that feel powerless to change the situation and make a better future for future students.

I'm angered by the parents and administrations that turn a blind eye and let these go on. I'm angered by the people, who upon being informed of abuse that's going on, silence the victims instead of doing something about it.

Hopefully, if anything, this case has taught educational institutions, ranging from elementary schools to universities, that their image is not worth such a great cost. Hopefully they will realize that their students' well being is more important, and that in the end, caring for their students is what will give them the most positive and sincere reputation.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 12-07-2011 at 11:24 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 11:32 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,645,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 47,656,129 times
News Update, Ex-Penn State coach Sandusky out of jail after posting bail on new child sex abuse charges.

Sandusky secured his release using $200,000 in real estate holdings and a $50,000 certified check provided by his wife, Dorothy, according to online court records.

Ex-Penn State coach Sandusky out of jail after posting bail on new child sex abuse charges - 12/8/2011 12:42:05 PM | Newser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies