Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:10 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times

Advertisements

Yea, let's create MORE incentive for school kids to have random sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

Teens will have sex with or without access to this pill. It prevents tens of thousands of dollars in tax payer money, not to mention the often broken children produced.

Teens had sex in the 20's, 30's, 10's, 19th and 18th century, babies (and mothers) just died more often. People should really read a history book.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
That train has left the station. Now what do you propose to do about it? And it's not a "school kids" issue....trying to make this a think of the children thing is lame.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nonsense. Of course you will.

Funny, can't give a kid an aspirin without a doctor's note, but buying OTC abortion pills? No problemo.
Huh? You need a note from the dr to give your own kid aspirin? You can do it, but it's dumb and not recommended.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And I give my kids what I think is best for them.
Why do you think you'd have any say if the opposite was true? The point of this dismissal was that it had no age requirements. You, as a parent, are obsolete in this exchange. So sorry..

Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Why do you think you'd have any say if the opposite was true? The point of this dismissal was that it had no age requirements. You, as a parent, are obsolete in this exchange. So sorry..

And I will teach my daughter that she should wait, but if she does decide that she is going to, that all precautions should be taken.

And here is the thing, not all doctors are prescribing, because of their personal feelings. And not all doctors are open all the time. And not all people have enough money for a doctors visit.

Its a hormone that prevents an egg from attaching to a womb wall. It happens MILLIONS of times a day every day.

My main problem is a President that promised to follow science, turn away whenever its politically needed. Then they want my vote? I don't think so.

This is a move never done before by a President, ever. If a cure for a biologically created virus was found, would they give it to everyone? Is it national security to keep the virus alive and killing others?

Its government over reach, period.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Teens will have sex with or without access to this pill. It prevents tens of thousands of dollars in tax payer money, not to mention the often broken children produced.

Teens had sex in the 20's, 30's, 10's, 19th and 18th century, babies (and mothers) just died more often. People should really read a history book.
How about coercing some rational thought from the more than likely parent of the "broken child"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That train has left the station. Now what do you propose to do about it? And it's not a "school kids" issue....trying to make this a think of the children thing is lame.
You're not a parent.. Am I right?

I checked...you are...

I will reserve my judgment though..

Just don't tell me my interests on the subject, as a parent, are lame. We can both sling rocks if you wish.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
How about coercing some rational thought from the more than likely parent of the "broken child"

You're not a parent.. Am I right?

I checked...you are...

I will reserve my judgment though..

Just don't tell me my interests on the subject, as a parent, are lame. We can both sling rocks if you wish.
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

My point is that this isn't about school kids, it's about people who have sex and get pregnant, and people who have sex and don't want to get pregnant. Some of them just happen to be school kids but that isn't the issue. If school kids are having sex and think they need the morning after pill it's WAY past the point where mom and dad have any influence.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
it's about people who have sex and get pregnant, and people who have sex and don't want to get pregnant.
Condoms... the end..

No need to fuel the pharma industry with millions of dollars worth of R&D money when they can use a cheap condom that is just as effective...or not have sex at all.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:36 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Teens will have sex with or without access to this pill.
Exactly.

Would these people prefer that a teen take Plan B or would they rather the teen have an abortion or go through pregnancy/have a child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies