Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Prove it isn't real.
The burden of proof is placed on those who make the outrageous claims of it being true in the first place. There obviously was no 40 days of rain... no Noah to put all the animals of the world on an Ark (as if that was even possible!).... no Jesus who died and came back to life... who turned water into wine.... no talking snake convincing a woman to eat a magic apple. NOTHING.

Asking someone to disprove a negative is intellectually dishonest on your part. The burden of proof is on YOU, my friend. You prove it's real.

Asking others to do your mental homework for you is a pointless exercise in absurdity. It's like asking someone to prove there are no unicorns. You can't because no one can prove a negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
What is a "young earth creationist"?
Somebody who most would consider a "creationist". There is also old-earth creationism which pretty much agrees with the entire theory of evolution, they just believe God had his hand in the process.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:14 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Yes. DNA has settled it. Many people forget this.
Ya,it has has it????? DNA has been the definitive death knell of the theory.

Would you like to share with us just how the discovery of DNA has advanced evolutionary theory one single iota?

Due to advances in math it is now possible to figure the exact odds of probabilities in many of the things evolutionists feed us as being the way things originated.

IT HAS BEEN FIGURED THAT THE ODDS OF ONE SINGLE MOLECULE OF PROTEIN BEING RANDOMLY CREATED IN THE PRIMORDIAL SOUP IS ONE TO A NUMBER THAT IS FAR GREATER THAN THE FIGURED NUMBER OF ATOMS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

That's just one single simple protein not a big long chain of them organized in a very particular manner. If you want to get into the odds of enzymes and other biochemical processes that are absolutely necessary for life then you are just into one in infinity.

Mankind seems to need answers to things and if they don't get an answer they make one up. This blind belief in evolution is no different than the blind belief in a flat world. If a PERSON SUGGESTED THAT THE WORLD WAS IN FACT NOT FLAT THEY WOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE. It's the same thing today. Scientists who doubt very much the theory of evolution are still burned if they dare suggest that this theory is incorrect no matter how good the proof is that the theory can not stand.

It's just the ultimate in scientific political correctness to go along with the herd.

Have you ever actually looked into the intellectual writhings the evolutionists have gone through? Not too long ago a leading evolutionist came up with this one. Life was brought to earth by an alien culture from another galaxy. This was the best he could come up with when confronted with the scientific impossibility of evolution as it is generally believed and taught. As I mentioned in a previous post another idea thay have put forward is evolutionary events. This explains for them at least why there is no fossil evidence of any lifeforms changing into anything else at all. So every once in a while hundreds of new life forms just spring up all at once. Don't laugh, to the evolutionists this is serious theory.

If you are a person that has zero belief in God or any kind of supernatural it still should not prevent you from looking at this theory and saying. I have no answer and this theory is not an answer to anything. It's something else altogether and I will look for it.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:12 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Why didn't God explain evolution in the scriptures?

No where in the bible bacteria was mentioned.

Leviticus 13 NIV - Regulations About Defiling Skin - Bible Gateway

Old 12-08-2011, 03:48 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Believe is the wrong word.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ya,it has has it????? DNA has been the definitive death knell of the theory.

Would you like to share with us just how the discovery of DNA has advanced evolutionary theory one single iota?

Due to advances in math it is now possible to figure the exact odds of probabilities in many of the things evolutionists feed us as being the way things originated.

IT HAS BEEN FIGURED THAT THE ODDS OF ONE SINGLE MOLECULE OF PROTEIN BEING RANDOMLY CREATED IN THE PRIMORDIAL SOUP IS ONE TO A NUMBER THAT IS FAR GREATER THAN THE FIGURED NUMBER OF ATOMS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

That's just one single simple protein not a big long chain of them organized in a very particular manner. If you want to get into the odds of enzymes and other biochemical processes that are absolutely necessary for life then you are just into one in infinity.

Mankind seems to need answers to things and if they don't get an answer they make one up. This blind belief in evolution is no different than the blind belief in a flat world. If a PERSON SUGGESTED THAT THE WORLD WAS IN FACT NOT FLAT THEY WOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE. It's the same thing today. Scientists who doubt very much the theory of evolution are still burned if they dare suggest that this theory is incorrect no matter how good the proof is that the theory can not stand.

It's just the ultimate in scientific political correctness to go along with the herd.

Have you ever actually looked into the intellectual writhings the evolutionists have gone through? Not too long ago a leading evolutionist came up with this one. Life was brought to earth by an alien culture from another galaxy. This was the best he could come up with when confronted with the scientific impossibility of evolution as it is generally believed and taught. As I mentioned in a previous post another idea thay have put forward is evolutionary events. This explains for them at least why there is no fossil evidence of any lifeforms changing into anything else at all. So every once in a while hundreds of new life forms just spring up all at once. Don't laugh, to the evolutionists this is serious theory.

If you are a person that has zero belief in God or any kind of supernatural it still should not prevent you from looking at this theory and saying. I have no answer and this theory is not an answer to anything. It's something else altogether and I will look for it.
Uh Huh. I see where you're coming from. You're from the "something is complex so God did it camp". If DNA is a mechanism of God why does it occasionally have errors and/or mutations? It seems to me if it were created by God, those errors would not occur, as rare as they may be.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Darwinism is real. lol

I don't know why many fail to agree, but they rather believe in some book written hundreds of years ago. Most scientists have proven Darwinism on so many scales, so why do most humans won't buy it?

While the evidence continues to support Darwin's Theory, it is still a theory. Do I believe it is true? Of course. However, keep in mind that many things we take for granted as "fact" are still unproven theories.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Darwinism is real. lol

I don't know why many fail to agree, but they rather believe in some book written hundreds of years ago. Most scientists have proven Darwinism on so many scales, so why do most humans won't buy it?
I know plenty of people who attend churck every Sunday and also have no dispute at all with Evolution.

Must it be either/or?

Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
While the evidence continues to support Darwin's Theory, it is still a theory. Do I believe it is true? Of course. However, keep in mind that many things we take for granted as "fact" are still unproven theories.
Another person who really SHOULD know what "theory" means in a scientific context, but seems not to.

Shame on you hawkeye, I know you are smarter than that.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Uh Huh. I see where you're coming from. You're from the "something is complex so God did it camp". If DNA is a mechanism of God why does it occasionally have errors and/or mutations? It seems to me if it were created by God, those errors would not occur, as rare as they may be.
Don't put words in my mouth. I said no such thing at all. It's a pretty pathetic defense of a poor theory to try to use the fact that some people believe in God to somehow validate that which is clearly wrong.
It's the same thing as my arguing that 2 plus 2 is 5 and to prove that I just have to point you at these guys that believe it's 3. Evolutionists are like children in their in their defense of what they trust to be the truth. Just look at this thread to see what I mean. They somehow think by attacking what someone else thinks it proves theirm own errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies