Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Like I said it's a friggen survey. The data they collected was used to come to THEIR conclusions. If you don't like the survey take it up with THEM. I just provide the info for you to rant about.

As I've said, you posted baseless speculation that was meaningless to the point under discussion, I'll take that up with you.

Quote:
As for the misleading title in a different thread (which has no bearing here but you whine away anyhow) you were squealing about I suggest you go back over to that post that somebody dug up and read the thing again. It was not misleading at all unless you just are in the mood to howl like you always seem to be.
if you were up to speed you'd know I've already posted a mea culpa in that thread. Of course I still haven't seen you supporting your otherwise baseleass accusation of someone saying something that they most certainly did not. Unlike you I'll admit when I was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM

46,860 posts, read 25,803,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Think about it.
Yeah, people who need medical attention may get it. Truly, one of History's greatest crimes.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,028,081 times
Quote:
Like I said it's a friggen survey. The data they collected was used to come to THEIR conclusions. If you don't like the survey take it up with THEM. I just provide the info for you to rant about.

As for the misleading title in a different thread (which has no bearing here but you whine away anyhow) you were squealing about I suggest you go back over to that post that somebody dug up and read the thing again. It was not misleading at all unless you just are in the mood to howl like you always seem to be.
A survey is not factual information, it's opinion. Anyone who knows basic statistics knows this.

How many people keep a record of how long they wait?
Are these people who go every week, month, or 6 months (I usually go every 6, like I friggen remember what the wait time was last time)?
How often do the new people covered go?
How many people can see what the doctor is doing before hand (is it too many, or sick patients, or administrative)?
Why did they not record wait times in an objective manner?

They are entitled to their opinion, and it might be a good start to doing more research, but it's not a factual representation that ends the discussion and shouldn't be treated as such. Only some one with an obvious bias towards the consequent would push this.

Even if wait times are longer, why? Correlation doesn't prove causation. People with smaller shoe sizes correlate with worse reading ability, till you realize they put children in there...or global warming is caused by a lack of pirates sailing the oceans.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:22 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,949,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
A survey is not factual information, it's opinion. Anyone who knows basic statistics knows this.

How many people keep a record of how long they wait?
Are these people who go every week, month, or 6 months (I usually go every 6, like I friggen remember what the wait time was last time)?
How often do the new people covered go?
How many people can see what the doctor is doing before hand (is it too many, or sick patients, or administrative)?
Why did they not record wait times in an objective manner?

They are entitled to their opinion, and it might be a good start to doing more research, but it's not a factual representation that ends the discussion and shouldn't be treated as such. Only some one with an obvious bias towards the consequent would push this.

Even if wait times are longer, why? Correlation doesn't prove causation. People with smaller shoe sizes correlate with worse reading ability, till you realize they put children in there...or global warming is caused by a lack of pirates sailing the oceans.
If you folks don't like surveys then why are you whining about em so much? Maybe it's because they came up with some conclusions you don't like?? Yep me thinks so. Continue on.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,028,081 times
Quote:
If you folks don't like surveys then why are you whining about em so much? Maybe it's because they came up with some conclusions you don't like?? Yep me thinks so. Continue on.
You might as well say "If you don't like lies, why are you whining when people lie to you?"

Old 12-08-2011, 07:00 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,206,088 times
Quote:
Its the law. Look it up. My Lord the friggen illegals figured it out and they can't even speak english.
Well do forgive my idiocy and entertain me. Please explain to me how health care is available to all in the United States.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
You might as well say "If you don't like lies, why are you whining when people lie to you?"
I don't think you mind surveys like these much as long as they provide you with the answers you want. This one doesn't so the howling begins. Not unusual for whiners and babies to act like this.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Well do forgive my idiocy and entertain me. Please explain to me how health care is available to all in the United States.
Go get hit by a car and see if an ambulance takes you to a hospital or shows up and searches you for an insurance card and leaves you laying there if you don't have one.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:18 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,386,609 times
And the hospital to which they are taken is required ONLY to provide care for life or limb threatening injuries. You cannot show up at an ER and get a pap smear, a mammogram, or a routine physical.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:35 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,818,099 times
Well, if you can show a system where no medical mistakes are made...

To be honest, if the best you have is picking out an individual mistake and trying to pretend it is representative of a system, you're pretty much admitting you've run out of real arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Much more likely to happen in socialized medicine...

Universal healthcare increases the patient base and puts more stress on the doctors...
Thats an...interesting piece of reasoning. Truly, untouched by facts. Meanwhile, in real life, America has one of the worst rates of medical mistakes in the developed world:

There are arguments to be made in the health care issue, but medical mistakes is an area where the American system does not measure up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies