Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:20 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Sad that the little bulb lighting your brain went out but I will try to help you out.

Why is is right for only the richest people in our country to get health care? Why should poor little kids die because you want a cheaper tax bill? How did your morality decay to the point where people dying from preventable diseases fell behind greed?
Where did I say it was right for the richest people only to have healthcare??

In fact, I WILL even lend myself to your argument.....

WHY should healthcare be a right? An affordable living wage, sound monetary policy, less government intervention amongst other things would bring the prices of healthcare down.

Universal HC and possibly lowering the quality an individual receives is not the way to go about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 01:20 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Graham Lord, Man Misdiagnosed With Stomach Cancer, Sues Health District After Stomach Removed

The more the doctors and hospitals get packed up..... the more this stuff will happen
One of the nice things about being in America is that medical malpractice doesn't exist. /sarcasm

Old 12-08-2011, 01:27 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Graham Lord, Man Misdiagnosed With Stomach Cancer, Sues Health District After Stomach Removed

The more the doctors and hospitals get packed up..... the more this stuff will happen
This Will be our future with OBAMACARE!!!

Women should no longer assume they will give birth in hospital with a doctor on hand.

A report by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists suggests that as many as a third of all women should give birth 'without a doctor going anywhere near them'.

It warns that currently there are too many maternity units but not enough top-level consultants able to intervene should there be problems during the birth.

Big push for home births: Too many babies are being born in hospital, say doctors
Maternity wards are 'not necessarily the safer option'
Third of women should give birth without seeing a doctor, say medical experts

Read more: Home births: Too many babies are being born in hospital, say doctors | Mail Online

Old 12-08-2011, 01:28 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"The survey surmises that long wait times in Boston could be the result in part of the 2006 health reform initiative that requires nearly every Massachusetts resident to get health insurance."
"The survey surmises that long wait times in Boston could be the result in part of the 2006 health reform initiative that requires nearly every Massachusetts resident to get health insurance."[/quote]

"The survey surmises"

SURMISE v.: Suppose that something is true without having evidence to confirm it

"could be the result"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Take it up with the survey not me. Or go find the data that you are always howling about and prove it wrong.
No, you posted it and I'll take it up with you.

There IS no proving it wrong as it supplies NOTHING that supports the theory that socialized medicine was responsible for the changes you allege. IMeaningless by the very definition of "surmises". It's pure speculation.

As I've said, MEANINGLESS in the context it was posted.

Guess again.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Where did I say it was right for the richest people only to have healthcare??

In fact, I WILL even lend myself to your argument.....

WHY should healthcare be a right? An affordable living wage, sound monetary policy, less government intervention amongst other things would bring the prices of healthcare down.

Universal HC and possibly lowering the quality an individual receives is not the way to go about it.
Thanks for lending yourself to my argument. I pointed out how parents without healthcare have children who die young because they can't get any, I'd like you to morally defend that. You believe only the wealthy deserve healthcare, I don't see the moral reason for that, please point me to a Bible quote pointing out that only people of money deserve human decency. Naturally Universal HC lowers the country club plan at the top, its not a matter of whether the rich get to have the best health care while the poor can f*** themselves but that is your priority. I can't change the indifference and brutal attitude you feel to those born less wealthy than yourself but I can point out that decent people dont have to point to other people as their inferiors.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Thanks for lending yourself to my argument. I pointed out how parents without healthcare have children who die young because they can't get any, I'd like you to morally defend that. You believe only the wealthy deserve healthcare, I don't see the moral reason for that, please point me to a Bible quote pointing out that only people of money deserve human decency. Naturally Universal HC lowers the country club plan at the top, its not a matter of whether the rich get to have the best health care while the poor can f*** themselves but that is your priority. I can't change the indifference and brutal attitude you feel to those born less wealthy than yourself but I can point out that decent people dont have to point to other people as their inferiors.
#1 - plenty of charity care for children
#2 - Why would I point you to the Bible
#3 - I'm not wealthy

Again, I also said in my previous post... There are better and more efficient ways to improve healthcare and make it affordable. None of which you addressed.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Much more likely to happen in socialized medicine...

Universal healthcare increases the patient base and puts more stress on the doctors...
Very true, but many here can't see what you say as true. Maybe they all think that old poops like me won't be overloading the system since the death panels will hold us back from getting care.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Much more likely to happen in socialized medicine...

Universal healthcare increases the patient base and puts more stress on the doctors...
Oh really? Care to check your statement against facts?

Let's get something else straight. Nobody, even the farthest leftist in the U.S. is advocating 'Socialized medicine,' which is when the doctors are government employees.

What the most liberal American wants is universal single-payer insurance. The type of insurance has no bearing on the quality of the doctors.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Woman Misdiagnosed with Cancer Awarded $3 Million - Munley, Munley & Cartwright

Old 12-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh really? Care to check your statement against facts?

Let's get something else straight. Nobody, even the farthest leftist in the U.S. is advocating 'Socialized medicine,' which is when the doctors are government employees.

What the most liberal American wants is universal single-payer insurance. The type of insurance has no bearing on the quality of the doctors.
Right the one that lines the pockets of the insurance companies and makes it illegal to NOT have healthcare...

Listen to the "99%" ask them if that's what they want..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies