Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:31 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times

Advertisements

I think America would be better off if there were fewer racists.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:41 PM

142 posts, read 567,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Wrong.
Most Carribeans I know who look black check and identify with being black. Most actually speak English. Never heard a Jamaican or Hatian identify as "hispanic".

Mexicans have caucasian ancestry.
Same with Puerto Ricans.

Think Eva Longoria,Jennifer Lopez,Cameron Diaz.
Jamaicans and Haitians are black(african ancestry and genetics); so of course they identify themselves as "black".

Dominicans are an african black/hispanic mix, obviously - since Haiti and DR share the same island.

Some - and I stress the word some, hispanic/latino had european interbreeding, thus some light skin pigmentation in the population. They are still not considered caucasian! You obviously do not know what classify caucasian - look it up. Being light skinned doesn't classify someone as caucasian.

Cameron Diaz is Spain - Spanish, so she is caucasian.

Last edited by cerebral_cortex; 12-09-2011 at 10:49 PM..

Old 12-09-2011, 10:41 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,214 times
The funny thing about this tread is the poll results are polar opposite than the majority of comments.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:53 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
Even though I personally prefer dark brunette caucasion woman and also redheads I encourage others to intermingle and speed up the interracial process.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:00 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
Quote:
Be brave.

What I don't undertand is how is it that blacks and whites have history so intertwined,and yet can't get along?

Would it not be better for them to unite,since they do have a common heritage?
If you want to know the answer read the works of Thomas Jefferson.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That person is about as liberal as Pat Buchanan.
LOL! I laughed so hard when I read that.

So tell me, what makes me like Pat Buchanan? Just because I say somethings that do not conform to left ideals? Oh boo hoo. Do you see me sitting here supporting religion? Going against gay marriage or women's rights? No. Did not think so. I guess you are just one of those "tolerant liberals" who are tolerant until someone says something different than your beliefs and is judgmental.

You know something? When I was 16 or 17, I was hardcore lefty/liberal. Then I grew up and began to see the real world. I worked and went to college (still am) and began to see the world for what it really is.

I am now 23 (still growing up) and can say I am definitely center (although I do lean left and would take a shot to the head before I EVER vote for some Republican dimwit) and can form my own opinions instead of what some craved lefties or righties tell me. Why am I breaking my back for $7 an hour at Burger King when I can just sit at home and pop out babies and get free housing and welfare? Why should I stand on my feet and work at fast paces and with horrible people when I can just collect welfare? Why am I being punished for being an American citizen? If I was illegal, I would get free heath care, pay hardly any taxes, attend college for free and more.

I guess the conservatives do not like me because I am not mentally delusional and believe there is a sky daddy and am FOR gay marriage and women's rights. I guess the liberals do not like me because I say it how it is and won't stand by while people take advantage of my hard work. I do not have anywhere I belong because I just say it how it is.

I know it hurts the far lefties when people are not politically correct. Some people on this forum actually think that this country would be ok with a Hispanic/Latino majority or African American? LMAO!!!!! I have seen lefties who preach tolerance and whatever but REFUSE to move into a predominately black neighborhood. I live in Detroit. I have witnessed this personally. Hypocrites! If everyone is so equal and so nice, what is the issue? Move into that neighborhood! I sure as hell will not. Diversity my ass. And before you accuse me of being RACIST (ohhhh big scary word), I am NOT white.

So if you wish to compare me to some insane mentally ill religious right winger, go for it. However, look at the poll. The results are clearly in my favor and no "tolerant and accepting" liberal can counter my post.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think America would be better off if there were fewer racists.

Me too...

but how about you answer the question...

Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL! I laughed so hard when I read that.

So tell me, what makes me like Pat Buchanan? Just because I say somethings that do not conform to left ideals? Oh boo hoo. Do you see me sitting here supporting religion? Going against gay marriage or women's rights? No. Did not think so. I guess you are just one of those "tolerant liberals" who are tolerant until someone says something different than your beliefs and is judgmental.

You know something? When I was 16 or 17, I was hardcore lefty/liberal. Then I grew up and began to see the real world. I worked and went to college (still am) and began to see the world for what it really is.

I am now 23 (still growing up) and can say I am definitely center (although I do lean left and would take a shot to the head before I EVER vote for some Republican dimwit) and can form my own opinions instead of what some craved lefties or righties tell me. Why am I breaking my back for $7 an hour at Burger King when I can just sit at home and pop out babies and get free housing and welfare? Why should I stand on my feet and work at fast paces and with horrible people when I can just collect welfare? Why am I being punished for being an American citizen? If I was illegal, I would get free heath care, pay hardly any taxes, attend college for free and more.

I guess the conservatives do not like me because I am not mentally delusional and believe there is a sky daddy and am FOR gay marriage and women's rights. I guess the liberals do not like me because I say it how it is and won't stand by while people take advantage of my hard work. I do not have anywhere I belong because I just say it how it is.

I know it hurts the far lefties when people are not politically correct. Some people on this forum actually think that this country would be ok with a Hispanic/Latino majority or African American? LMAO!!!!! I have seen lefties who preach tolerance and whatever but REFUSE to move into a predominately black neighborhood. I live in Detroit. I have witnessed this personally. Hypocrites! If everyone is so equal and so nice, what is the issue? Move into that neighborhood! I sure as hell will not. Diversity my ass. And before you accuse me of being RACIST (ohhhh big scary word), I am NOT white.

So if you wish to compare me to some insane mentally ill religious right winger, go for it. However, look at the poll. The results are clearly in my favor and no "tolerant and accepting" liberal can counter my post.

I agree with you my liberal lefty comrade friend, but don't you think that you ( and the others) are too harsh on what would happen if "the others" took over the reins of power. If "the others" assimilated and became educated, there is no reason to believe (at least imo) that there would be a status quo. If "the others" are not educated, then all bets are off. I suspect that whites will not let go that easily however. They still own all of the wealth in this country and have cumulative wealth for GENERATIONS. Look at So Africa. that country had only 10% white popul, but maintained an iron grip for decades. Mexico has a white elite and keeps all of the wealth among themselves, giving the majority populace some of the crumbs.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:10 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
If you want to know the answer read the works of Thomas Jefferson.
Oh yeah,that hypocrite.
He didn't want certain groups to immigrate and thought blacks were 3/5 human.
Yet he had sex with a 3/5 human female?
Wonder if he knows he commited bestiality?

Old 12-10-2011, 12:12 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Umm,when hispanics become the majority it will still be run by whites.....
You didn't get the memo that 85% of hispanics checked the white box in the last census?

Why? Because they are white.
Umm...no, just no.

Hispanics are the futherst thing from being White. I'm sure many would like to be though so they can become "legal" citizens of this country, but the reality is they just don't care if they are here illegally or not as long as they're getting a free education, plentiful jobs, & medical care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies