Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:45 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times

Advertisements

This happened in the town over from us. The principal admitted the wrong, and he was....so was the substitute.

Here is a link to the most recent article in the local paper.

Principal speaks out about 'cute' controversy | principal, suspended, son - Gaston Gazette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
This happened in the town over from us. The principal admitted the wrong, and he was....so was the substitute.

Principal speaks out about 'cute' controversy | principal, suspended, son - Gaston Gazette
Interesting read on that. So, basically, if he had suspended this student for being fresh, which appears may be the case, then it would be a non-story. Can't imagine why in the world he decided to make it about sexual harrassment. That's what got him in trouble.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Interesting read on that. So, basically, if he had suspended this student for being fresh, which appears may be the case, then it would be a non-story. Can't imagine why in the world he decided to make it about sexual harrassment. That's what got him in trouble.
Suspension should not have even been an option.
I do not think that the child was suggestive or "fresh". I do believe it was all in innocence, my gosh I can remember one of my brothers having a crush on a teacher. I can remember stories of the old timers who took apples to their teachers, cleaned chalkboards etc..... Not everything has ugly conotations to it.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Suspension should not have even been an option.
I do not think that the child was suggestive or "fresh". I do believe it was all in innocence, my gosh I can remember one of my brothers having a crush on a teacher. I can remember stories of the old timers who took apples to their teachers, cleaned chalkboards etc..... Not everything has ugly conotations to it.
From your own link, it said the student had done this multiple times and was warned against it. Additionally, I am getting several different accounts about the actual actions from various news stories but this link said the young boy said it "suggestively". From appearances based upon the stories, it sounds like the young man was being disrespectful vice complimentary at the minimum. Of course, this story does seem about as clear as mud with respect to what was said and how it was said. Either way, sexual harrassment was certainly NOT the correct or appropriate charge against this young boy.

Oh and btw, my saying "fresh" was meant to be synonymous with being disrespectful...I have a tendency to say that to my own child at times (e.g. Stop being fresh!).

Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
From your own link, it said the student had done this multiple times and was warned against it. Additionally, I am getting several different accounts about the actual actions from various news stories but this link said the young boy said it "suggestively". From appearances based upon the stories, it sounds like the young man was being disrespectful vice complimentary at the minimum. Of course, this story does seem about as clear as mud with respect to what was said and how it was said. Either way, sexual harrassment was certainly NOT the correct or appropriate charge against this young boy.

Oh and btw, my saying "fresh" was meant to be synonymous with being disrespectful...I have a tendency to say that to my own child at times (e.g. Stop being fresh!).

The substitute is making the claim of repetition and "suggestive"

I felt certain what you meant about being fresh. I can tell you the interview we saw on the news of this young man and his mother, that type of behavior did not appear to the norm or accepted in the home.

I think it was innocent that got wayyyy out of hand,

Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
The substitute is making the claim of repetition and "suggestive"

I felt certain what you meant about being fresh. I can tell you the interview we saw on the news of this young man and his mother, that type of behavior did not appear to the norm or accepted in the home.

I think it was innocent that got wayyyy out of hand,
Yes, I find those local to these news story tend to get more of the story than we get when it's picked up nationally. I definitely agree with you that this got way out of hand. I also think it was completely and totally wrong for him to suspend this student for sexual harrassment. It was not, in any way, sexual harrassment. Could it have been disrespectful? Maybe but who knows now with all that has occurred. The principal should have known better and his prior years of service are now tainted because of this monumentally bad decision.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:38 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
The principal was correct. What that student did was sexual harrassment.

Sent from my iPhone
WTF? The student didn't even say it directly to the teacher.

Quote:
he was accused of telling a friend that he thought his teacher was ‘cute’
You've never told a friend you find one of your teachers attractive? Seriously?

I did that just last week, lol. Should I be suspended for sexual harassment? Lol. Lord, this whole thing is so absurd.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:41 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:

Oh! This happened in Gaston County. It all makes sense now...lol. (I used to live in Gaston County.)

Same place where several people told me I'm deaf-blind as God's punishment for being gay. Welcome to the 21st century, Gaston county, where people actually acknowledge having a sexuality.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:43 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,433 times
That 9 year old boy is a sexual predator who should be castrated and locked up for 25 years and also put on a sexual registry list. These 9 year old sexual predators are getting out of control. We need to get Oprah or some other activist to make a show about this issue. It would be best if they sit around in a circle and cry about this problem.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:53 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,019 times
Please tell me someone is making this up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies