Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 11:04 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I guess that depends on who Obama was talking to because

President Obama has stated that it is vitally important for the country to put some of the controversial policies of the last eight years behind it. While the forthcoming trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and several figures allegedly involved in plotting the 9/11 attacks in New York will be helpful, nothing would help more than if Osama bin Laden were captured, afforded full due process and put on trial.

And what happened to the left wing argument that terrorists should be read their miranda warnings? You guys flip flopped from this position in a matter of days, into trying to claim now that this is one of Obamas greatest accomplishments.. And of course we all know you believe Bush ran around lying to the world about everything, and some left wing kooks belive Bush actually knocked down the wtc and not UBL, doesnt this mean Obama killed an innocent man?
Listen I was simply refuting what was said by the poster I replied to, I succeeded....

It was at a presidential debate on 10/7/08 btw....

http://www.youdecidepolitics.com/200...second-debate/

Last edited by meson; 12-10-2011 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 11:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Listen I was simply refuting what was said by the poster I replied to, I succeeded....

It was at a presidential debate on 10/7/08 btw....

Video: Presidential Town Hall Debate from Belmont University (10/7/08) | You Decide Politics
Actually, you tried to insinuate that the other poster was wrong, and your evidence of it, was a position Obama routinely flip flopped on.

He wasnt wrong, Obama routinely told people that UBL should be put on trial.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Its not my fault you didnt know Obamas positions on issues before you voted for him..
I didn't vote for him....

Old 12-10-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I didn't vote for him....
Good.. so why are you attacking me for simply quoting Obama then?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:42 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Giving Obama credit for anything but giving the order to go is a joke....that operation has been going on for YEARS. he was just lucky that it culminated on his watch.
Going on for years? Not quite, unless you mean going on and off for years. The hunt for bin Laden started with Bill Clinton (no, it didn't start with Bush, that's a myth) and then when Bush came into office he called it off. Only to resume it when 3,000 people were killed on his watch. Then in 2006 the CIA team charged with getting bin Laden was disbanded. When Obama came into office he resumed the hunt (without waiting for 3,000 people to be killed) and got bin Laden

Old 12-10-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
A decade long manhunt ends with a phone call stating, "hey, we found our guy, what should we do?" Is it really a stretch to guess what any rational persons answer would have been?
You really think "get him" and "let him go" were the only two options???

Old 12-10-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Did Obama do something that was extraordinary, or made a decision that you wouldnt have made?
He made a decision many people wouldn't have made

Old 12-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
and then when Bush came into office he called it off.
Thats a lie.. He moved SOME members of the CIA and special op troops out of Afghanistan, but not all.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
He made a decision many people wouldn't have made
What people do you suppose wouldnt have made the decision to get UBL if they knew where he was? Want to back this up with anything other than bs?

Old 12-10-2011, 12:01 PM

34 posts, read 84,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Obama made it a priority.
The military deserves the credit. If Alan @%#$ing Keyes had been president when the military developed that intel, he would have taken credit just like our current 'tard of a president and the 'tard before him.

Also, Hannity should be mouth-punched. The few times I have tuned in to conservative talk radio the past few weeks, Hannity, Levin and company have been big-upping Newt Gingrich like he's the second coming of Reagan.

Way to go, guys. Let's give the nomination to a dude with more baggage than Paris Hilton, and gift another four years to the guy who handed over half our GDP to the banks.

I really can't understand why hardcore partisans on either side work so hard to defend politicians who are screwing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies