Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 03:43 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
BOTH welfares are greedy. You just can't stand it that we tell you that so you choose to ignore it. The kicker is you support both, one vocally the other, too dumb to realize it.
Vs what? You who supports rich welfare and claiming its only morally better because they are rich? You rant on like your the superior class. Wow just change your rant from class to race and we can repeat history. I bet the nazis felt morally justified too. Same hate different platform.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:44 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Vs what? You who supports rich welfare and claiming its only morally better because they are rich? You rant on like your the superior class. Wow just change your rant from class to race and we can repeat history. I bet the nazis felt morally justified too. Same hate different platform.
Godwined.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
When food stamps are used productively people don't complain. I don't complain when I see people using them to buy milk, bread and staples. I do get upset when they are buying expensive foods or junk foods. I had friends getting food stamps and they got a low amount so it had to stretch.
This is hilarious! Right now there is another group of people arguing whether or not iced cookies should be available in the federally-subsidized lunch program. Apparently, it's perfectly acceptable to demand that my tax dollars are used to create sour cream iced cookies for school kids, but God forbid your tax dollars might buy cookies for a food stamp recipient. The hypocrisy is awe-inspiring.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:52 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
This is hilarious! Right now there is another group of people arguing whether or not iced cookies should be available in the federally-subsidized lunch program. Apparently, it's perfectly acceptable to demand that my tax dollars are used to create sour cream iced cookies for school kids, but God forbid your tax dollars might buy cookies for a food stamp recipient. The hypocrisy is awe-inspiring.
Yeah doesn't it bring you back to those childhood birthday partys and you had that one kid who screamed "No Fair johnny got a bigger piece then i did"

Old 08-27-2014, 07:29 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Yeah doesn't it bring you back to those childhood birthday partys and you had that one kid who screamed "No Fair johnny got a bigger piece then i did"
pretty much.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
So you justify giving billions in tax breaks and incentives to corporate america so they can make trillions in profits and buy private planes and boats ok? And thats not welfare or being lazy?
No, being against welfare doesn't mean not being against corporate welfare. Why d liberals say "you're against welfare that means you are for corporate welfare". I'm not for any getting corporate welfare

Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I would be opposed to all of that.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
At least you're consistent.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:56 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,104 times
how about this people.

perhaps instead of giving food stamps to just poor people.

everyone should get a food allowance of 200 dollars per month
instead of wasting money tracking fraud just do it that way and no one will complain.
but money has to come from somewhere....

so sorry.

otherwise just cut the program already.
we all know that

unless you make at least 40k per year you are not making anything
over a 10k per year that leeches the system would.

so unless you make at least over 40k you are worse off than a welfare queen.
and we all know 50% of the population makes less than 40k

as it is the average median income for the country.

SO I AM waiting GET RID OF IT OR GIVE IT TO EVERYONE.

universal food
or no food for the leeches.

same with healthcare

universal healthcare or
no healthcare for the leeches.

same with housing.
section 8? how about everyone get it then too?
otherwise just get rid of it.

people want to be fair right?

note: playing favorites is a bad and immoral thing.

also rich and middle will care about it less and less in getting the perk because they benefit less in the long run and they will be paying for it the most on average.

at least this cuts the amount of fraud because there is no way to produce a fraud unless they dig up a corpse and make it alive again.
and I am sure some will try but those should be dealt with by criminal charges.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:55 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
how about this people.

perhaps instead of giving food stamps to just poor people.

everyone should get a food allowance of 200 dollars per month
instead of wasting money tracking fraud just do it that way and no one will complain.
but money has to come from somewhere....

so sorry.

otherwise just cut the program already.
we all know that

unless you make at least 40k per year you are not making anything
over a 10k per year that leeches the system would.

so unless you make at least over 40k you are worse off than a welfare queen.
and we all know 50% of the population makes less than 40k

as it is the average median income for the country.

SO I AM waiting GET RID OF IT OR GIVE IT TO EVERYONE.

universal food
or no food for the leeches.

same with healthcare

universal healthcare or
no healthcare for the leeches.

same with housing.
section 8? how about everyone get it then too?
otherwise just get rid of it.

people want to be fair right?

note: playing favorites is a bad and immoral thing.

also rich and middle will care about it less and less in getting the perk because they benefit less in the long run and they will be paying for it the most on average.

at least this cuts the amount of fraud because there is no way to produce a fraud unless they dig up a corpse and make it alive again.
and I am sure some will try but those should be dealt with by criminal charges.
But the difference is in a legit setting, true poor people cant afford food and those working at a decent income CAN. Thats why not everyone gets foodstamps.

Weeks ago I could afford to feed my family of 5, now with no income I cant. Poop happens in life, cant always be fair but everyone HAS to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies