Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 PM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times

Advertisements

I have several jobs and in the past 28 days, I had one day off. Tonight? I'm enjoying the beginning of a four day weekend as I do not have to be back at any job until Tuesday morning.

I intend on doing as little as possible this four days with exception of I get to finally clean my house, I'm going to give the dogs an extra amount of play time outside as they have "suffered" with short play times in the past month, (they've been so good about it, too), I'm going to change over the aquarium from gravel to sand, (wish me luck there), and on Sunday, I'm going to go help feed the homeless.

Other than that, I plan to sit in my house, in my pajamas and do absolutely NOTHING constructive.

I don't think we're getting a white Christmas here. Bummer. I really wanted one after living on the surface of the sun known as South Florida for the past 6 years.

In other news, I think my boy dog stepped wrong coming down the stairs because he's been periodically whining and holding his paw up. I have felt around, squeezed and he doesn't wince in pain but every so often, out of the blue, he whines.

The last time anything like this happened was when I came home from work one day, last spring it was, and the girl dog jumped up on me, as she always does, and in her excitement, somehow stepped wrong or landed wrong or something went wrong.

She cried and whined and carried on, holding up her paw, crying whenever she had to put weight on it, I had to carry her down the steps outside, it was all very dramatic.

The very next morning I took her to the vet and $300 later, it was discovered that nothing was broken, nothing was sprained, nothing was torn, she just stepped wrong and that in a few days, things would be ok, here's a couple of pain pills for her.

Went home, gave her a pain pill, watched her like a hawk, and I swear to you, from the time we got home from the vet, she didn't whine and cry anymore.

Drama.
Queen!

Of course I care about my dogs and want them to be ok but I'm going to see how this progresses over the night and tomorrow. If he's still whining by Monday, I'm taking him in. I'm just not in to spending another $300 for someone to tell me what I figured was the case.

I'm sure he's fine. He was perfectly fine mere minutes before that, bounding up and down the stairs...so he clearly stepped wrong and things should be fine.

(Hopefully)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 07:15 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,994,750 times
Helping my wife get things ready for our Christmas Eve dinner...dusting...washing...running the sweeper.We celebrate on the Eve pass out presents with the family so the little ones can stay home on Christmas day and play with their new toys.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 PM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
Welp...

I was HOPING it would snow Thursday night, (last night), and when it didn't, I was sure that meant there would be no white Christmas.

Because I'm off for four days, I stayed up reallllllly late. I didn't go to bed till 4 in the morning. I let the dogs out at 2am and there still was no snow.

I do not know why I thought there would be snow, I don't watch the weather on the news, I didn't see any indication that there would be snow in the forecast on my computer task bar...but I was just sure there would be snow Thursday night. I don't know how or why....I just "knew" it.

But it didn't come.

Except...when I woke up this morning at 11am?

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Huzzah! White Christmas after all!

(And hey, I was only off by a few hours! ::strut: )

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 12-23-2011 at 01:01 PM..

Old 12-24-2011, 06:03 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,658,431 times
Spoiler
Christmas Eve

Old 12-24-2011, 08:21 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,106,673 times
Merry Christmas Everyone.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,973,273 times
Doing all the prep work I can for dinner tomorrow, the rest of the family are all on vacation, so I am just enjoying being with them.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:49 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,854 times
Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm thrilled we don't have any snow because that means I get to see my family who all live some distance away.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:41 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,442,738 times
Working. Imagine that! Uh. Um. Merry, happy, kwanzaahanakafestivuschristmas!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,341,892 times
Going to head over to the In-laws for a bit.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,038,283 times
Getting ready for 4 pm Mass (it gets jammed, so we need to get there an hour early), then off to my sister in laws house for Christmas dinner and some partying!

Merry Christmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies